Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Finally got my second Master FC on Starlight Stage with S(mile)ing!. Took me longer than I should've because of one of the bits at the beginning being that release of the leftmost circle in conjunction with tapping the next-leftmost circle, which wouldn't register sometimes because apparently my finger on the leftmost was too close to the other one, and there's supposedly some overlap involved that led to that tap not being detected.

Now I just need to get better at more songs. Zigzag sliders, ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Anemone Heart is the worst song

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

graybook posted:

Zigzag sliders, ugh.
The trick for those is to lift your finger off before each change in direction.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

Finally got my second Master FC on Starlight Stage with S(mile)ing!.

Wow, how can you possibly practice anything right now when it might make you miss out on event points. Though there's either been a significant dropoff or nobody was playing over the weekend because I've gained a lot of ranking places.

Zettace posted:

The trick for those is to lift your finger off before each change in direction.

Ah, I should try that next time I'm trying to do LENGE, I had trouble just clearing that on Pro because of the massive zigzag section at the end.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

boom boom boom posted:

Anemone Heart is the worst song

I like it because it's the easiest super hard song I can consistently full combo. :v:

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Polsy posted:

Wow, how can you possibly practice anything right now when it might make you miss out on event points. Though there's either been a significant dropoff or nobody was playing over the weekend because I've gained a lot of ranking places.

Ah, I should try that next time I'm trying to do LENGE, I had trouble just clearing that on Pro because of the massive zigzag section at the end.

Because Otomemory gain is dependent solely on score rank (I believe) and I know my primary Cute team can S-score the song. :3:

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

Because Otomemory gain is dependent solely on score rank (I believe) and I know my primary Cute team can S-score the song. :3:

Yeah, that's the conclusion I came to with the scoring, now I wish I'd spent more time trying out Master songs... Out of interest how many points is that? I'm getting 44 for spending 16 stamina on Pro GOIN'!!!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Polsy posted:

Yeah, that's the conclusion I came to with the scoring, now I wish I'd spent more time trying out Master songs... Out of interest how many points is that? I'm getting 44 for spending 16 stamina on Pro GOIN'!!!

Here's a super helpful set of charts: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NL2IhHmKRSPZhvkPPRNwxOOWNjJTKsVeR2gLXkhGMTE/edit#gid=0

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Aha, thanks. I guessed from earlier tests I was probably doing about as well as I could be, though maybe I should try Evo! Revo! Generation since that's the only 17 stamina Pro I have. Besides LEGNE...

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Just a heads up for everyone who hasn't logged into SIF in the past few days that Score Match 13 got bumped up to September 29th - October 8th. I'm not sure what the dev's intentions are, but my best guess is that they're accelerating events to catch up with the Japanese version. Thing is if they keep doing it they're gonna create weird situations like releasing the 2015 Christmas SRs in July.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
My pessimistic thought is that they're planning to kill SIF, both EN and JP, as they switch over to Aquors, and they want to get as many EN events in (since folks buy love gems for them) before then. I hope I'm wrong.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
What's the deal with that, the current girls go live on a farm and there's a whole new cast in the Love Live franchise going forward?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

boom boom boom posted:

What's the deal with that, the current girls go live on a farm and there's a whole new cast in the Love Live franchise going forward?

Kind of. They gave μ's a nice send-off in the movie, and the new girls are saving a different school or town or whatever, but the idea is the same: move to the new thing before folks are tired of the old. They haven't announced anything about killing off SIF, but I expect them to do it fairly suddenly whenever it happens, and for them to have a Aquors game up right around then. I've no doubt they hope to migrate as much of the fanbase over as possible.

I'm going to miss the OG Love Lives.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
none of the new girls are gonna be as good as Rin :mad:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

boom boom boom posted:

low bar

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I kid, she's a pretty good Love Live and currently features on my lock screen.

e: if anyone's interested, here's lock screens in this style for all the Love Lives. I'm afraid I don't remember where I originally got them from; some artist's tumblr that I'm sure a simple reverse GIS could find.

Yes_Cantaloupe fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Sep 28, 2015

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

boom boom boom posted:

not sugoi nya 3:

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
I still need to see the Love Live movie but haven't yet found a way to do this other than taking a physical trip on a plane. I've been suffering for a year over this.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I've finally gotten to the point where I can FC the easier songs on Master in SS. The game's timing and mapping are starting to click for me.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

My pessimistic thought is that they're planning to kill SIF, both EN and JP, as they switch over to Aquors, and they want to get as many EN events in (since folks buy love gems for them) before then. I hope I'm wrong.

I hope you're wrong too what with them announcing more singles for the game, like the new theme song that's supposed to come out within the next couple months and then another at least three singles each month after that rolls out in-game.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

My hope that SIF will continue with Aquors content is tempered by the competition that SS presents, but I do hope that if there is a new game that they take the opportunity to have the localization keep parity with the Japanese client.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Wait, Love Live is retiring their original cast? That seems kind of weird considering the idolm@ster original cast is still active after 10 years now and is only now showing signs of probable retirement.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I don't think there's been any formal announcement on the old group ending, but the way the movie ended (and things like the Nozomi & Eli radio show ending) that makes it seem like they're preparing to close shop.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Zettace posted:

Wait, Love Live is retiring their original cast? That seems kind of weird considering the idolm@ster original cast is still active after 10 years now and is only now showing signs of probable retirement.

I can see them sidelining the main cast for a brief time to promote Aquors and then probably tie in the original cast somehow at the end of the season. Then do a joint concert for maximum profit. And maybe just have OG Love Live cast continue to do song releases.

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

Zettace posted:

Main difference is in each franchise's roots.

LL has and always will be anime tied, and the setting makes it hard for them to keep using the same cast repeatedly, thus them moving onto Sunshine to soft-reboot things. The original nine VAs will still be doing live performances (with the exception of Eli's who is suffering from knee problems preventing her from continuing that part of her career at current) and anniversary things.

As for 765 Pro, they pretty much handled the transition a lot better given that both Cinderella Girls and Million Live pretty much have their own identity, and are treated as part of the family rather than a replacement to the cast. And if they do want to keep using the OG idols they just need them for a new game for the most part. And most of them still come back and perform even after becoming parents.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Yosuke posted:

Main difference is in each franchise's roots.

LL has and always will be anime tied, and the setting makes it hard for them to keep using the same cast repeatedly, thus them moving onto Sunshine to soft-reboot things. The original nine VAs will still be doing live performances (with the exception of Eli's who is suffering from knee problems preventing her from continuing that part of her career at current) and anniversary things.

As for 765 Pro, they pretty much handled the transition a lot better given that both Cinderella Girls and Million Live pretty much have their own identity, and are treated as part of the family rather than a replacement to the cast. And if they do want to keep using the OG idols they just need them for a new game for the most part. And most of them still come back and perform even after becoming parents.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't LL just mainly a multimedia project that got its 'adaptation' two or three years into its life cycle, versus 'anime tied'? Granted, though, they have had the video singles, so that counts for animation, but I'd kind of hesitate to call it full-on anime. Just my perception, though. :shrug:

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

graybook posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't LL just mainly a multimedia project that got its 'adaptation' two or three years into its life cycle, versus 'anime tied'? Granted, though, they have had the video singles, so that counts for animation, but I'd kind of hesitate to call it full-on anime. Just my perception, though. :shrug:

I guess I meant more for the character usage rather than the whole so that was poorly worded on my part. The franchise still needed it to get most of its fanbase though (casual observation, don't take my word for it), because I know I wouldn't have heard of Muse prior to the first show airing. And pretty much most of the people I know reacting to Sunshine are dismissive about it until the show airs because they have nothing to really say about the new cast.

I mean they could keep making new music/videos featuring with Muse, but their story has run its course given the whole "school idol" thing.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
I actually think it's neat to watch the progression of Aquors as it's happening instead of reading about it years later. Muse was built in part by audience participation. I'm sure their second single will have a vote for center just like Snow Halation. There will probably be subgroups formed from voting later on. And I'm curious to see if they can make lightning strike twice or if this new group will fall flat.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Trihugger posted:

I actually think it's neat to watch the progression of Aquors as it's happening instead of reading about it years later. Muse was built in part by audience participation. I'm sure their second single will have a vote for center just like Snow Halation. There will probably be subgroups formed from voting later on. And I'm curious to see if they can make lightning strike twice or if this new group will fall flat.

Yeah, I'm excited. They've got some big boots to fill.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i heard this starlight stage game is the next big innovation in rhythm mobage what's the hella dealio on this anime idol game

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

pandaK posted:

i heard this starlight stage game is the next big innovation in rhythm mobage what's the hella dealio on this anime idol game

It's fun. Overall I like SIF more, but it has some nice features. If you can fumble your way through the Japanese menu navigation, give it a shot. The OP has a good deal of info on how to actually do it.

Things SS does better than SIF:
  • Vertical distance between notes is actually representative of time between notes (I think)
  • Dancing during songs, if one can put up with the distraction and battery-slaying
  • Even low-tier cards are actual characters, not just art made up for the game (except they aren't all voiced, so I guess not all idols are made equal)
  • It tells you what level one can expect a card to get to from eating idols
  • It doesn't require two copies of a card to idolize it
  • The break room is cute and makes me feel like I'm playing Animal Crossing
Things SIF does better than SS:
  • Love Live is better than Idolmaster and has better characters
  • I prefer 9 buttons and no slide notes to 5 buttons and slide notes
  • Much less in the way of load times
  • In English

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

is the ai like hamburger song in this game

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

pandaK posted:

is the ai like hamburger song in this game

Not that I've seen, and I think that's a regular idolmaster song rather than a Cinderella Girls song, so I don't expect it.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

what's the difference

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Different girls

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

• Vertical distance between notes is actually representative of time between notes (I think)

How is that not the case in Love Live? Do the notes come out at different speeds?

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

• Love Live is better than Idolmaster and has better characters

Wow, them's fighting words

Enjoy the new Starlight Stage update with giant slide arrows for some reason, I guess some people thought they weren't visible enough.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

what's the point of having more than one copy of an idol?

oh you can mash them together to get levels

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Sep 30, 2015

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

pandaK posted:

what's the point of having more than one copy of an idol?

oh you can mash them together to get levels

Is there an optimum way to level up idols like this? Like, would mashing multiple identical idols together into a higher star idol make for better fodder or does it not matter?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

pandaK posted:

Is there an optimum way to level up idols like this? Like, would mashing multiple identical idols together into a higher star idol make for better fodder or does it not matter?

It doesn't matter significantly. In practice you're going to end up with more Normal idols than you know what to do with so it's not really worth trying to figure out any marginally better optimal merging order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Normal idols are level of fodder and you will be getting tons of multiples of them. You basically want to get rid of normals from your units asap and replace them with Rares and better which you feed with your normal idols.