Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
I've never watched Love Live and probably won't for awhile. Too many idolssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

• Even low-tier cards are actual characters, not just art made up for the game (except they aren't all voiced, so I guess not all idols are made equal)
The hilarious trade-off is that not all SRs are voiced. A friend of mine explained it to me that they poll who should be the next to receive a voice, and one of those SRs I got back in this post doesn't have a voice.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Moldy Taxes posted:

The hilarious trade-off is that not all SRs are voiced. A friend of mine explained it to me that they poll who should be the next to receive a voice, and one of those SRs I got back in this post doesn't have a voice.

Yeah, I'm not clear on how many SRs there actually are but it seems weird to pick unvoiced idols. Unless they deliberately did it to limit the number of people they had to get in to voice lines. Though, I'm not sorry I didn't have to sit through this voiced -

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Love Live is better than Idolmaster

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

SR added for Koume and SSR added for Ranko in SS. Urge to spend real money rising...

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Sonata Mused posted:

SR added for Koume and SSR added for Ranko in SS. Urge to spend real money rising...

Ranko? It's Airi Totoki and Mimura Kanako (for the SSs)

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

Polsy posted:

Yeah, I'm not clear on how many SRs there actually are but it seems weird to pick unvoiced idols. Unless they deliberately did it to limit the number of people they had to get in to voice lines.

Given that the unvoiced idols are also fairly popular (some of the ones in the roster are the ones just shy of topping the polls usually) or are just the recognizable ones for the sub-franchise (A lot of the unvoiced idols are also part of their own units), it's not surprising why the initial roster is the way it is. Some of the idols in the game now only just got their VAs recently too (Natsuki being the obvious example).

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

Polsy posted:

Ranko? It's Airi Totoki and Mimura Kanako (for the SSs)

Hmm, I just saw someone on twitter listing their gacha pulls and saw a Ranko SSR, which I didn't think she had yet.

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

Sonata Mused posted:

Hmm, I just saw someone on twitter listing their gacha pulls and saw a Ranko SSR, which I didn't think she had yet.

Ranko was one of the launch SSRs.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Doing my second SS premium 10-pull.

Not bad. Riina and Koume join Anya on my Cool team which is now poised to be pretty gosh-darn beefy.

It's just like in SIF where my Cool team got strong early.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

Yosuke posted:

Ranko was one of the launch SSRs.

Well drat, now I'm even more disappointed in my Gacha pull.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
I'm still saving up my next 50 love gems for another go at it. I anxiously await getting them.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

I'd argue that Nico is better than all of idolmaster. :colbert:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

beaner69 posted:

I'd argue that Nico is better than all of idolmaster. :colbert:

:yeah:

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

Puchimas is better than Idolmaster and Love Live and Wakeup Girls and everything else idols

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Is there a point to doing the 10 pull over the single pull like you get some increased odds or something?

Also, how does the awakening system work? I mean I get how to do it, but how does it determine which version of the idol you unlock next? When I look at their wiki page they all have a bunch of different cards with no indicator of what goes into what. Is it always a set determined path or are awakening results sometimes random?

e: is there a point to keeping the three initial girls you get at the beginning? Unless they end up becoming pretty good idols, I don't really care much about them besides Rin.

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Sep 30, 2015

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

I've never seen or touched LL and I never will because of people saying stuff like this! :colbert:

Though I am pretty sure people just favor the one they got into first. Myself included.

Sonata Mused posted:

Puchimas is better than Idolmaster and Love Live and Wakeup Girls and everything else idols

however this is the actual truth

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Overlord K posted:

Though I am pretty sure people just favor the one they got into first. Myself included.

i've never watched an idol show in my life

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel
10 pull just has one guaranteed SR no matter what.

The Cinderella Girls wiki is not going to help you because the card images are for the main CG game and thus irrelevant. So you will always go from an R to an R+ and whatever. Mind, SS does reuse a lot of the main CG cards but its a linear thing and the wiki arranged them in pairs anyway.

No. They're fodder Rs you can get normally.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Yosuke posted:

10 pull just has one guaranteed SR no matter what.

The Cinderella Girls wiki is not going to help you because the card images are for the main CG game and thus irrelevant. So you will always go from an R to an R+ and whatever. Mind, SS does reuse a lot of the main CG cards but its a linear thing and the wiki arranged them in pairs anyway.

No. They're fodder Rs you can get normally.

Is there a site that shows that kind of stuff + what the center skills do?

Also added everyone in the op, and my own friend code is 235131737

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

pandaK posted:

Is there a site that shows that kind of stuff + what the center skills do?

Also added everyone in the op, and my own friend code is 235131737

Hey baby I got you. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n0cPZZenN0ZE7OeKUgDEqlpEhqpQzhSwAptFjAEBzv8/edit#gid=0

I'll add you to the list too, and I'll add this to the list of links.

Also Puchimas is pure and wonderful and puts my cantankerous self at ease. It is a good show.

Also lol nico fans
i'm a nico fan

graybook fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Sep 30, 2015

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

pandaK posted:

e: is there a point to keeping the three initial girls you get at the beginning? Unless they end up becoming pretty good idols, I don't really care much about them besides Rin.
Yes because they're "rare" ranked cards and unless you're dumping a lot of money in to the game you won't have enough "rare" ranked and above cards to make 3 full teams of each type at the start.

Also for awakening, cards will always just become "[the original card]+" and will never turn into a different card. This means normals will always stay normal, rares will always stay rare, and super rares will always stay super rares no matter what.

By the way, girls will have multiple different cards and they are treated as separate entities. You can make up an entire team of the same girl as long as you use different cards with no doubles (ie: normal card + rare card + SR card + SR card with different name + SSR card).

Zettace fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Sep 30, 2015

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Sonata Mused posted:

I've never watched Love Live and probably won't for awhile. Too many idolssss

The first season itself plays out more like a school club/sports anime with being and idol as a theme. There's motivation for them to do well as idols and not just for the sake of them being idols. Second season meanders a bit but finishes pretty well. I do recommend watching it at some point when you get a chance.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
goddamn, Nico Puri on Normal is as hard as the Hard songs I've unlocked so far

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

boom boom boom posted:

Yeah, I'm anticipating failing the EX version about 40 seconds in when it comes out this month on EN. It's got another odd rhythm but not one I can really hone in on.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

boom boom boom posted:

I wanna say that B-side Normals are basically as difficult as Single Hards, and B-side Hards are as difficult as Single Experts.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Allarion posted:

I wanna say that B-side Normals are basically as difficult as Single Hards, and B-side Hards are as difficult as Single Experts.

That's the idea, but some take that to extremes, and some don't deliver on it (Nawatobi).

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

boom boom boom posted:

Yeah and at 15 LP a play, it's tough to get practice in lol. I can pass most B-side hard songs, but not with good scores or combos yet.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Songs where the beatmap skip a beat to trip you up bother me almost as much as the comma does in this thread's title.

gently caress beat skips.

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

Polsy posted:

How is that not the case in Love Live? Do the notes come out at different speeds?

The notes in Love Live SIF are radially distributed. They travel at the same speed, but not on parallel tracks.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Love Live is better for the sole fact they half-hardheartedly localized it. Come back to me when the IM@S movie is at the Alamo Drafthouse.

pandaK posted:

i've never watched an idol show in my life

AKB0048 is still the best one. :v:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
gently caress Score Match events. You don't get song goals, or even the tiny bit of friendship from guests, the winner is determined more by who has better girls than actual skill, and there's no story, so who cares?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Plus I got too many high levels Hanyos already

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Yes, but with score attack, I can play against JOE BIDEN

I've gotten him twice, I think. Too lazy to scroll through all my photos to find it though.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Token events are way better when one is starting out. Score Match is for veterans with good teams and no need for the xp/fp/normies that the extra plays of the event songs give. The greater song variety of SM is nice for those who haven't unlocked everything, though.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

score match takes less time and so is better

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Yep

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
I'm pretty ok with taking 10 days of really paying attention to the game in exchange for Literal Rice Queen Hanayo.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Are the skills listed on the google doc in the OP t he center skill or the regular skills?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

pandaK posted:

Are the skills listed on the google doc in the OP t he center skill or the regular skills?

Regular. The center skills all seem to be 'all [my type] idols [stat] up' where stat is one of vocal/dance/visual/life/skill chance.

Oblivion590 posted:

The notes in Love Live SIF are radially distributed. They travel at the same speed, but not on parallel tracks.

Ah, yeah, that feels like it'd make things a little less clear.