Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Polsy posted:

Regular. The center skills all seem to be 'all [my type] idols [stat] up' where stat is one of vocal/dance/visual/life/skill chance.

So when I'm leveling up my skills through tickets and whatnot, when it says I boosted my skill from 1 to 2, does that mean I went from low to medium according to that graph or are there subdivisions within the low, medium, high levels?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

pandaK posted:

So when I'm leveling up my skills through tickets and whatnot, when it says I boosted my skill from 1 to 2, does that mean I went from low to medium according to that graph or are there subdivisions within the low, medium, high levels?

I presume subdivisions, the descriptive text with the numbers of seconds and the low/medium/high chance doesn't change at all when you level up. e: at least, from 1 to 2

Polsy fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Oct 2, 2015

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Is there a translated list of all the mission requirements? I'm stuck on mission eight where you're supposed to apparently do the rock song on debut I think? I don't know.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

pandaK posted:

Is there a translated list of all the mission requirements? I'm stuck on mission eight where you're supposed to apparently do the rock song on debut I think? I don't know.

The missions are all do whichever song was the previous one you unlocked, on Debut or higher, plus there's a level requirement. I don't remember what it was for 8 but if you go to the communication for it (コミュ, ストーリーコミュ) and tap the grey mission it'll have the required level in the pink text above the song.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Polsy posted:

The missions are all do whichever song was the previous one you unlocked, on Debut or higher, plus there's a level requirement. I don't remember what it was for 8 but if you go to the communication for it (コミュ, ストーリーコミュ) and tap the grey mission it'll have the required level in the pink text above the song.

Oh, so that "19" is the level requirement. Okay, I'm right on the cusp of that, thanks.

Also I just got enough for a 10 pull today, here's my catch:
  • Kaede, aka Meme chan
  • Discount Kuroneko
  • Ema Senzaki
  • Kirari Moroboshi
  • Ayame Hamaguchi
  • S Rare Meme chan
  • Mika Jougasaki
  • S Rare Zombie (Halloween var.)
  • Uzuki
  • S Rare Karen Hojo

So I got like two S Rares that I was looking forward to in some way, that's pretty nice. I already have a fully maxed regular Kaede on my roster, is there any point to keeping her or should I mash her and the extra Kaede I got in this pull into the S Rare version?

e: I guess now's a good enough time to start making specialized teams. Would it be better to stick one of my already maxed idols in the center even if they aren't S Rare or should I put the fresh S Rares in the middle? Unless the S Rares tend to just overall tend to have stronger center skills anyways?

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 2, 2015

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

pandaK posted:

So I got like two S Rares that I was looking forward to in some way, that's pretty nice. I already have a fully maxed regular Kaede on my roster, is there any point to keeping her or should I mash her and the extra Kaede I got in this pull into the S Rare version?

If you're a big fan of hers and/or you really like her skills you can have multiple (different rarity) of her in the same unit, though she'll be displayed as a random different model when you're actually playing songs. Otherwise, no, no point.

pandaK posted:

e: I guess now's a good enough time to start making specialized teams. Would it be better to stick one of my already maxed idols in the center even if they aren't S Rare or should I put the fresh S Rares in the middle? Unless the S Rares tend to just overall tend to have stronger center skills anyways?

Yeah, S Rares definitely have better (generally twice as effective over Rares) center skills. eg for vocal/dance/visual stat ups, SRs give you +60% but Rs are only +30%.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Well, I finished all the 'starter' missions.

Not too hard, just time consuming.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
For every normal girl I idolize in SIF do I get extra rewards for getting them to level 60 as well as maxing their bond? Or do I just need to max their bond for the side stories?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ChubbyThePhat posted:

For every normal girl I idolize in SIF do I get extra rewards for getting them to level 60 as well as maxing their bond? Or do I just need to max their bond for the side stories?

on top of maxing their bond for side story and heart, idolizing them in the first place and getting them to max level both count towards Album Rewards. Tap Other, then Album Rewards, and you'll see where you are towards those goals.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Alright so I do need to keep them around while I level em up. Just checking cause drat I have a lot.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I made full healer teams in SS, and they make completing even the hardest Master songs trivial. Well worth the effort.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Alright so I do need to keep them around while I level em up. Just checking cause drat I have a lot.

What I'm doing is leveling up my worst girls, and then once they're maxed, feeding them to my best girls. You only need one of each unique idolized girl, and once you've got her fully bonded and max leveled, if she's not good enough for your team she's useless to you, so she's idol chow.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ChubbyThePhat posted:

For maximum rewards, yes, but it's only maybe 4-5 extra love gems. The easiest thing to do for good rewards is to idolize them, max their bonds, and eat them. If you do want to max level them (heck, I do it), feed them to each other in a chain. The unfortunate consequence of doing this is that you either prioritize maxing the trash to get them out of your box, leaving your teams under-leveled, or you prioritize your teams, leaving your box clogged.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I made full healer teams in SS, and they make completing even the hardest Master songs trivial. Well worth the effort.

What're the rarities of your healers? My hypothetical healer team would probably only be 4 R accompanied by a guard/PL card.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

graybook posted:

What're the rarities of your healers? My hypothetical healer team would probably only be 4 R accompanied by a guard/PL card.

Rare. My teams are my best center for each color (SR or R), then by best healers of that color, and filled out by best healers of other colors (best as in vocals, &c., they all have level 1 skills). They haven't been my priority for leveling, so I've been getting maybe Bs for score, but I'm finishing them (with full or close to full health) and getting the star jewels, so that's good enough for now.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Tried Anzu no Uta on Master with a healer team.

Jesus christ that was hell and I will not be back there for a long long time.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Anzu no Uta on master at 1 speed is the most hilarious thing.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Zettace posted:

Anzu no Uta on master at 1 speed is the most hilarious thing.

Does speed apply a score multiplier or something? What's the benefit of boosting it up?

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

pandaK posted:

Does speed apply a score multiplier or something? What's the benefit of boosting it up?

It just speeds/slows down how the notes fall, allowing for them to show up closer/further apart. It makes it easier for some people to play.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

pandaK posted:

No matter the speed, the rhythm the notes have to hit at doesn't change. The speed is basically the speed it takes for a note to travel from the top of the screen to the bottom.

High speeds are more preferable for most people because it means less notes on screen at one time. This leads to less confusion and lets your reflexes and muscle memory do the work.

At slower speeds the notes linger on screen for a while and build up leading to scenes like this:

Zettace fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Oct 3, 2015

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Hmm, "even the hardest" may have been too strong a phrase. A few are kicking my rear end, even with the healers. I'm confident that a few repeat attempts should sort things out, but for now, the easy star jewels have run dry.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

So through a series of "poor life choices" I have managed to do another two 10-pulls, of which the results are:

The Kaede and Koume are exact copies of the ones I got in my first 10-pull, so though I'll be leveling them up for my support cast, they're eventually getting folded for star level. So in essence, only 1 unique s-rare out of 2 pulls...

e: also it's kinda weird how I've managed to pull the first srare displayed on the wiki every time. Is that intended or something or?

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Oct 4, 2015

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

pandaK posted:

e: also it's kinda weird how I've managed to pull the first srare displayed on the wiki every time. Is that intended or something or?

Yes, because the wiki arranges the Cinderella Girls cards in original release order, and Starlight Stage is reusing the cards from that game as I've mentioned before., and of which they have selected the first cards they released for the idols. Not all of the cards displayed on project-imas or most other wikis for CG have been put in SS.

The only things with "new" art are the SSRs.

Yosuke fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Oct 4, 2015

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Yosuke posted:

Yes, because the wiki arranges the Cinderella Girls cards in original release order, and Starlight Stage is reusing the cards from that game as I've mentioned before., and of which they have selected the first cards they released for the idols. Not all of the cards displayed on project-imas or most other wikis for CG have been put in SS.

The only things with "new" art are the SSRs.

Ohh, I didn't get that the first time I read your post.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Ugh, I want SR Koume and Kaede. It would be nice if I pulled Ranko at some point too. I'm about 200 short of my next 10 pull.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

For maximum rewards, yes, but it's only maybe 4-5 extra love gems. The easiest thing to do for good rewards is to idolize them, max their bonds, and eat them. If you do want to max level them (heck, I do it), feed them to each other in a chain. The unfortunate consequence of doing this is that you either prioritize maxing the trash to get them out of your box, leaving your teams under-leveled, or you prioritize your teams, leaving your box clogged.

I chose the latter and end up having to practice every couple of live songs. It's a pain but it stretches out the three songs I can play before having to wait on LP again.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKjisUnn5QM

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

A man after my own heart.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
OP has been updated with more helpful links - thanks to one chatroom, I've learned about a couple of helpful twitter accounts for Starlight Stage events.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
So, I really like the little Idol Topics that they use as loading screens (though I wish they updated/uploaded new ones faster...). One of the sites has slowly started translating some of them if you don't read moon runes.

http://moeidolatry.com/starlight/idoltopics/

These have single handedly made me like Karen and Nao way more.

and of course

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
They're great and I eagerly await the translations for the Passion ones.
I think there was also one that might've been not strictly related to one idol? I got a screenshot a while back, at least.

My favorites (that've been translated) are probably the ones for Shiki, Sachiko, Mayu, Shimamu, Kaede, and Mizuki.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Sonata Mused posted:

So, I really like the little Idol Topics that they use as loading screens (though I wish they updated/uploaded new ones faster...). One of the sites has slowly started translating some of them if you don't read moon runes.

http://moeidolatry.com/starlight/idoltopics/

Me irl:

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
Some of the translations aren't quite right/missing some details, but I'm glad someone's translating them anyway.
I really like Ryo's. She loves horror movies so she's hanging out and watching them with Koume and having fun, which is really cute (I'm glad Koume has a horror movie friend :3:)… but she's super creeped out by all the actual horror-like noises coming from around Koume's room.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

I think there was also one that might've been not strictly related to one idol? I got a screenshot a while back, at least.

They're all saved under the relevant idol (plus Chihiro) in the idol topics (アイドルトピックス) menu section, other than the last one is a convenient 'etc' section for anything that doesn't fit. Can't believe I'm still missing one considering how many loading transitions I've been through.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I wish playing SIF at work was easier. Unfortunately it's either on speaker so I can hear people walking up to my desk to ask for stuff or I have headphones in and can't hear them so they come see what I'm doing. The judgement is real but this game isn't gonna play itself.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

ChubbyThePhat posted:

I wish playing SIF at work was easier. Unfortunately it's either on speaker so I can hear people walking up to my desk to ask for stuff or I have headphones in and can't hear them so they come see what I'm doing. The judgement is real but this game isn't gonna play itself.

I'm debating whether going for Vocaloid Maki in the current JP event is worth this kind of commitment. Also the annoying prospects of averaging 3rd place in score match to the mass of japanese accounts with better teams than me.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Trihugger posted:

I'm debating whether going for Vocaloid Maki in the current JP event is worth this kind of commitment. Also the annoying prospects of averaging 3rd place in score match to the mass of japanese accounts with better teams than me.

It's worth it.

Unless you're talking about going for Tier 2. That's never worth it, even for Nico.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

It's worth it.

Unless you're talking about going for Tier 2. That's never worth it, even for Nico.

omfg I want this so bad. Are they the score event rewards this time around? If so I will go in with my massively sub-par teams and just pray I get people with teams as bad as mine.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
That's the SR for the current JP Score Match. She's cute, and I'm going to get her.

The good news is that even if you consistently get 3rd or 4th place, you can still get to 25k event points with just efficient use of stamina. Even if you miss a few plays, it shouldn't take more than a handful of loveca.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
This Nozomi card always makes me laugh whenever I see it pop up.