Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

Zettace posted:

Wait, Love Live is retiring their original cast? That seems kind of weird considering the idolm@ster original cast is still active after 10 years now and is only now showing signs of probable retirement.

Main difference is in each franchise's roots.

LL has and always will be anime tied, and the setting makes it hard for them to keep using the same cast repeatedly, thus them moving onto Sunshine to soft-reboot things. The original nine VAs will still be doing live performances (with the exception of Eli's who is suffering from knee problems preventing her from continuing that part of her career at current) and anniversary things.

As for 765 Pro, they pretty much handled the transition a lot better given that both Cinderella Girls and Million Live pretty much have their own identity, and are treated as part of the family rather than a replacement to the cast. And if they do want to keep using the OG idols they just need them for a new game for the most part. And most of them still come back and perform even after becoming parents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

graybook posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't LL just mainly a multimedia project that got its 'adaptation' two or three years into its life cycle, versus 'anime tied'? Granted, though, they have had the video singles, so that counts for animation, but I'd kind of hesitate to call it full-on anime. Just my perception, though. :shrug:

I guess I meant more for the character usage rather than the whole so that was poorly worded on my part. The franchise still needed it to get most of its fanbase though (casual observation, don't take my word for it), because I know I wouldn't have heard of Muse prior to the first show airing. And pretty much most of the people I know reacting to Sunshine are dismissive about it until the show airs because they have nothing to really say about the new cast.

I mean they could keep making new music/videos featuring with Muse, but their story has run its course given the whole "school idol" thing.

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

Polsy posted:

Yeah, I'm not clear on how many SRs there actually are but it seems weird to pick unvoiced idols. Unless they deliberately did it to limit the number of people they had to get in to voice lines.

Given that the unvoiced idols are also fairly popular (some of the ones in the roster are the ones just shy of topping the polls usually) or are just the recognizable ones for the sub-franchise (A lot of the unvoiced idols are also part of their own units), it's not surprising why the initial roster is the way it is. Some of the idols in the game now only just got their VAs recently too (Natsuki being the obvious example).

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

Sonata Mused posted:

Hmm, I just saw someone on twitter listing their gacha pulls and saw a Ranko SSR, which I didn't think she had yet.

Ranko was one of the launch SSRs.

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel
10 pull just has one guaranteed SR no matter what.

The Cinderella Girls wiki is not going to help you because the card images are for the main CG game and thus irrelevant. So you will always go from an R to an R+ and whatever. Mind, SS does reuse a lot of the main CG cards but its a linear thing and the wiki arranged them in pairs anyway.

No. They're fodder Rs you can get normally.

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

pandaK posted:

Does speed apply a score multiplier or something? What's the benefit of boosting it up?

It just speeds/slows down how the notes fall, allowing for them to show up closer/further apart. It makes it easier for some people to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

pandaK posted:

e: also it's kinda weird how I've managed to pull the first srare displayed on the wiki every time. Is that intended or something or?

Yes, because the wiki arranges the Cinderella Girls cards in original release order, and Starlight Stage is reusing the cards from that game as I've mentioned before., and of which they have selected the first cards they released for the idols. Not all of the cards displayed on project-imas or most other wikis for CG have been put in SS.

The only things with "new" art are the SSRs.

Yosuke fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Oct 4, 2015