Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
My teams must be so weak. I play hard songs for the event and just get rekt. I can FC a song and still get third by like 9k points. I know I don't have the best girls yet but jesus lol

Either that or there's some secret I don't know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Trihugger posted:

I was about to make an effort post explaining how score match works, but it's much easier to just link a video of it that will explain better than I could.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJk_FKvsWgA

Basically, you'll be matched based on the scores of your last 4 songs played on that difficulty against opponents within a range of -20% to +20% of your average scores. So you can sometimes be matched up against 3 other people that you will have no hope of beating. And sometimes you're matched up against 3 people that have no hope of beating you.

Don't worry too much about placement until you have a team of every attribute that can S rank score the songs on the difficulty you want to play. That's pretty much the best thing you can have for any event. I think I just ended up writing an effort post even after linking the video.

Much appreciated. I stopped caring after it happened a few times and figured something like this was the case. I'll just keep grinding away at the event. Hopefully I can stick to my schedule of 5 plays per day but we'll see. Also holy hell some people already have 15k event points.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

To spend 50 love gems on BiBi scouting or just regular scouting.... these are the questions of my Saturday nights.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

They also say special stuff on birthdays (both their own and the rest of Muse). Rin sang happy birthday to herself. It was very :3:.

This. I almost died.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

So I finally decided on the BiBi pull. I really wish I would have screenshot it but I was too busy laughing at my luck. 10 R's and the 1 SR you always get for spending 50 gems. Thanks game. I didn't want more than 1 upgrade anyways. At least I got to max level the abilities on a couple idolized members and got to idolize a couple too. Couldn't really have been much worse though.

Also I'm at just over 16k points in the event right now. Anyone who grinds out the event know whether I'm doing alright or whether I'm going to need to start burning some love gems to make sure I get to the threshold?

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

The first play of the morning is easily the worst for me. All hopes of FC's are usually dead as I am basically useless before 10am. That SR Eli is so close though...

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I'm just over 21k points in the EN event right now as I head to bed. Looks like I'm going to have to burn some gems to get Eli.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

SR Eli get. I spent one love gem this morning because I wasn't sure, but turned out I didn't have to. Also did not have to wake up at 3am to play. We did it boom :hfive:

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Should get some for each girl. Cause they'll be needed eventually.

Also when you refer to getting t1 or t2 in an event, is there another cutoff of points or are you just referring to doubling up the SR reward points so you can idolize?

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

drat Nico Puri is something else on EX. Maybe I'm just rusty from the score match lol.

Also do you Practice or Special Practice to level up the abilities on the idolized girls?

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Leos Klein posted:

Created my Japanese love live account on Sunday and was able to grind out 150 love gems and 5 blue tickets and all I got was 5 super rares :negative:
How the hell do some people get those ridiculous pulls with multiple ultra rares and super rares??

Oh and what's this shop menu with gold silver and red badges? do you trade in your unwanted idols for the ones you want?

drat that's a lot of love gems in 4 days. I clearly suck at this game.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Can confirm that Afterschool Navigators is a good EX chart to start on. Nico Puri, however, is not.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Picked up one of these yesterday. Got a super good deal on it. Thus I begin to assemble my collection...

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

But my brain and hands still completely refuse to do this part of Soldier Game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pJYw9oV-Bc&t=0m58s

I usually slam this for some reason, but when I get it wrong it's because I try and that quick burst of 3 twice in a row instead of the double and it always gets a good. Dunno if that's helpful at all but that's all I got.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I continue to burn 25 LP in the wind as I learn EX charts. Honestly I could pass them so much easier if the jump in note speed wasn't so drastic.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I got a level up right at the end of my necessary token grinding. What a waste.

I hate it when this happens.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Vengeance for the all-R pull is mine!

Nicely done. Still haven't decided if I'm gonna make this Nozomi card on EN.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

graybook posted:

Oh good lord

ENSIF's next even is not the Maki Medley Festival, but the moved-up Score Match Round 15 with a Cool PL Kotori.

Well then.

This makes me intensely sad.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I'm suddenly sad I decided not to go for the Kotori on EN right now and I don't have enough love gems to revert my decision. Oh well. Next time.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Alright time to burn through G like nobody's business. How many event points are required for the Maki from Medley?

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Trihugger posted:

Same as Score Match, 25k. But it's a bit easier to get there by spending some gold. The bonus for S combo is a 1.08 multiplier while the bonus you can buy with gold is a 1.10 multiplier.

You can get a MedFes card flailing around with no combo Expert songs and get to 25k faster than FC'ing every song on Hard in a Score Match.

Oh really? I had dropped to hard specifically so I could FC everything rather than deal with my scrub-tier B combos on expert songs. It's actually better to do the expert ones and spend some G to make up for the lack of score?

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

15.5k event points. I'm a tad behind, people.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Which part of Loveless World gets you? I'm usually happy to see it.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Wish I was cool enough to tier these events and idolize the SR you get from them. Life goals man.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

How many more event points would I get if I could play full 3 EX medleys (only have 53 lp)? I get ~620 for the two songs I can fit in now.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Dang that makes one hell of a difference.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Dang you are going HAM

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Maki fans doin' good work:

That is fantastic. I just burned 5 gems to MAKE SURE I got Maki before I went to sleep. No way am I missing out on it cause I forget my phone when I go to work or some poo poo.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Oh god. The game went down last night literally in my final set to get Maki and didnt count the score. Im pretty not OK with missing it by almost nothing

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I saw that. Maki Christmas hype continues.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

So that did start today. Also the only UR I will have is this free Maki for logging in 5 days in a row. I've been playing for a number of months and have done multiple 11 pulls. I think I still even have only 5 SR's.

Edit: Oh my god that Angel Nico is adorable. I don't think I have the chops to tier this though. Not even if I spend all.... *checks*.... 70 of my love gems.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Hmm I wonder if I could idolize Nico if I exclusively played the event song on Hard. I should be able to, at worst, A rank/A combo (sometimes you just miss one). The better question is, how many love gems is that gonna take; I'm thinking 1 gem per play session (2 EX songs + 1 event song). Only having 54 lp makes it pretty tough to go HAM like that.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Yeah I'll probably just get Dr. Nico and call it a day. SR points scores aren't too hard to come across with 54 lp. Just can't let it sit too long otherwise you gotta burn like 1 gem at the end.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I actually don't like this Nico song very much. The chart is super easy. Guess I'll just wait for the EX. I think I'm still suffering from Rin Rin Rin a while back...

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Is it 18k points for EN Nico? I'm visiting family and don't have my bookmark handy to the SIF event breakdown page.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Oh wow that's way easier than I was worried about

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I'm a dork and only have 6100 points for Nico. Spending too much time eating and not enough time not wasting lp. Looks like I'm burning a couple love gems this week.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

There we go; Lonliest Baby FC. So many runs of just that one good. Feels nice to finally get there.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Welp, two events in a row I get the dates wrong. Thought I had to spend all my tokens tomorrow rather than today. RIP second consecutive SR. I need to get my poo poo together lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Moldy Taxes posted:

I rolled for the Maki SR and got one.

And the Nico UR.

Help.

This post made me do an 11 pull as well. Didn't end up with the UR luck, but did land the SR Maki (the one I wanted anyways). Thanks for enabling me.