Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zettace posted:

Just a warning that the guaranteed SR for the 10 card draw ends next week.

Can't wait for the iOS version to come out probably after that point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

They shut off pre-registration for Android, because it's out already. I presume it was working at the time from comments above.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

iOS version is out now

Polsy fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Sep 10, 2015

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

My favourite translation is the translated iTunes name for the original game, 'Girlfriend before you go out' (Very popular with not only men but also women. Let's start your school life with truely cute girls!)

Polsy fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Sep 10, 2015

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Trap posted:

Preregistration page. Only takes gmail. Remember to check the box above it.

I'm pretty sure you only need a gmail address if you're applying to be in the Android closed beta, regular pregistration can be whatever.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Well, if you're making a list

e: I don't actually know anything about this, I just found it a while back, so caveat emptor

Polsy fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Sep 10, 2015

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

(missing one is complete story 5)

Top middle is actually for taking an item out of that box. Also here's a clean bottom-left panel if you want to edit it in.

My id's 476011024

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Worth mentioning the ticketboard (the easel on the left here) drops trainer tickets periodically. Levelling it up increases the chance of the drop being a master trainer.

Polsy fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Sep 11, 2015

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

It's actually really surprising to me that SIF just has a static background, I don't think I've played any rhythm game where that's the case. That said I have an iPhone 6 and the full effects mode still lags occasionally for half a second which is far too much for a rhythm game, so I'm thinking about turning it down.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

lol, can't name my passion unit 'Passion' because it has 'rear end' in it.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Sonata Mused posted:

Uh, my game just keeps trying to send me to the play store now?

It did a self-update on iOS when I launched it just now, I don't know if that's related

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I got it the day the game was released, for iOS, I presume Android was the same. Address was Side-BN倶楽部事務局 <www@id.banapassport.net>

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Hateheh posted:

Thanks, I just used it and got the jewels. My ID, if anyone needs it: 924568238

Thanks. I'm 476011024 if that fills up.

e: looks like I'm all done

Polsy fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Sep 13, 2015

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

That image doesn't work (403 error). Just sitting on my SR Anastasia, Mika Jougasaki, and Yukimi Sajo for now, I don't like my chances of pulling together another 2500 star jewels by the end of Wednesday.

The local audition gacha experience: http://polsy.org.uk/play/nico/?vidid=sm27103212

Polsy fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Sep 14, 2015

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

There's usually some kind of benefit to doing 10-draws in these games but it's not necessarily the same one from week to week. Might just be a slightly higher chance of drawing SSR [idol of the week].

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Moldy Taxes posted:

When does the guaranteed SR period end? I'm obscenely close to being able to do a ten pull, and it'd be devastating if I did it right after the promotion ended.

Actually on closer inspection it might be permanent, or at least, not going to end imminently, the timer is probably just for the SSR selection, like Overlord K said.

Sonata Mused posted:

Dang, it's probably because of dropbox being weird. I only managed to pull one SR during my 2500 gatcha pull. It's the girl with the glasses that I don't really recognize. I don't thinks he had a voice actress yet?

I'm pretty sure everyone with a VA is voicing their lines in the game, so if those are silent, then yeah.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Moldy Taxes posted:

Did my 10 roll in SS after clearing a Master song this morning.

Looks like my Cool team got a major boost.

Nice. I'm still on 'sometimes I can clear Pro songs', I should probably give Onegai Cinderella another try on Master, that seems to be set up (and rated, marginally) as the easiest.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Speaking of which,

graybook posted:

CGSS: I don't think the iOS version is out yet

The iOS version is available here (or search for 'starlight stage' in Japan iTunes). You do need a Japanese iTunes account but there's plenty of tutorials on the internet for that.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

You can use Rares and above (and veteran trainers) to (possibly) improve the level of a character's special skill. This just happens on the regular lesson screen.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

You can simultaneously field a + idol and her non-+ self (though it picks a random different character model) if you think the special effect is worth it. At least, I think so, it works for Normal and Normal+ and the text it pops up seems to say both special effects apply.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Oh, the upcoming Starlight Stage event name is an existing song, I was thinking it seemed like a weird name to have in a game you were selling on Android.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

New Starlight Stage event (also new furniture)

Play normal songs to get usable points to play the special song with (and event points) to get more event points, win prizes. Pretty straightforward.

e: There's also additional communication event(s) with star jewel rewards for playing with Uzuki/Miho/Nana, if you have them actually I guess they happen regardless

Polsy fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Sep 25, 2015

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

Man, I hope I can get into the top 100k. It'd be nice to get a Nana.

Yeah, I was at around 56,000 when I had a quick play earlier today but I'm down to 144,000 now, I think I just got in before a lot of people started. Have to see if I can make any headway later on.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

You haven't 'used' them by receiving them, if you check in your items (アイテム under メニュー) you'll find them all there. Hearts are used for the low-tier gachas.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

Finally got my second Master FC on Starlight Stage with S(mile)ing!.

Wow, how can you possibly practice anything right now when it might make you miss out on event points. Though there's either been a significant dropoff or nobody was playing over the weekend because I've gained a lot of ranking places.

Zettace posted:

The trick for those is to lift your finger off before each change in direction.

Ah, I should try that next time I'm trying to do LENGE, I had trouble just clearing that on Pro because of the massive zigzag section at the end.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

Because Otomemory gain is dependent solely on score rank (I believe) and I know my primary Cute team can S-score the song. :3:

Yeah, that's the conclusion I came to with the scoring, now I wish I'd spent more time trying out Master songs... Out of interest how many points is that? I'm getting 44 for spending 16 stamina on Pro GOIN'!!!

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Aha, thanks. I guessed from earlier tests I was probably doing about as well as I could be, though maybe I should try Evo! Revo! Generation since that's the only 17 stamina Pro I have. Besides LEGNE...

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

• Vertical distance between notes is actually representative of time between notes (I think)

How is that not the case in Love Live? Do the notes come out at different speeds?

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

• Love Live is better than Idolmaster and has better characters

Wow, them's fighting words

Enjoy the new Starlight Stage update with giant slide arrows for some reason, I guess some people thought they weren't visible enough.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

pandaK posted:

Is there an optimum way to level up idols like this? Like, would mashing multiple identical idols together into a higher star idol make for better fodder or does it not matter?

It doesn't matter significantly. In practice you're going to end up with more Normal idols than you know what to do with so it's not really worth trying to figure out any marginally better optimal merging order.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Moldy Taxes posted:

The hilarious trade-off is that not all SRs are voiced. A friend of mine explained it to me that they poll who should be the next to receive a voice, and one of those SRs I got back in this post doesn't have a voice.

Yeah, I'm not clear on how many SRs there actually are but it seems weird to pick unvoiced idols. Unless they deliberately did it to limit the number of people they had to get in to voice lines. Though, I'm not sorry I didn't have to sit through this voiced -

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Sonata Mused posted:

SR added for Koume and SSR added for Ranko in SS. Urge to spend real money rising...

Ranko? It's Airi Totoki and Mimura Kanako (for the SSs)

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

pandaK posted:

Are the skills listed on the google doc in the OP t he center skill or the regular skills?

Regular. The center skills all seem to be 'all [my type] idols [stat] up' where stat is one of vocal/dance/visual/life/skill chance.

Oblivion590 posted:

The notes in Love Live SIF are radially distributed. They travel at the same speed, but not on parallel tracks.

Ah, yeah, that feels like it'd make things a little less clear.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

pandaK posted:

So when I'm leveling up my skills through tickets and whatnot, when it says I boosted my skill from 1 to 2, does that mean I went from low to medium according to that graph or are there subdivisions within the low, medium, high levels?

I presume subdivisions, the descriptive text with the numbers of seconds and the low/medium/high chance doesn't change at all when you level up. e: at least, from 1 to 2

Polsy fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Oct 2, 2015

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

pandaK posted:

Is there a translated list of all the mission requirements? I'm stuck on mission eight where you're supposed to apparently do the rock song on debut I think? I don't know.

The missions are all do whichever song was the previous one you unlocked, on Debut or higher, plus there's a level requirement. I don't remember what it was for 8 but if you go to the communication for it (コミュ, ストーリーコミュ) and tap the grey mission it'll have the required level in the pink text above the song.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

pandaK posted:

So I got like two S Rares that I was looking forward to in some way, that's pretty nice. I already have a fully maxed regular Kaede on my roster, is there any point to keeping her or should I mash her and the extra Kaede I got in this pull into the S Rare version?

If you're a big fan of hers and/or you really like her skills you can have multiple (different rarity) of her in the same unit, though she'll be displayed as a random different model when you're actually playing songs. Otherwise, no, no point.

pandaK posted:

e: I guess now's a good enough time to start making specialized teams. Would it be better to stick one of my already maxed idols in the center even if they aren't S Rare or should I put the fresh S Rares in the middle? Unless the S Rares tend to just overall tend to have stronger center skills anyways?

Yeah, S Rares definitely have better (generally twice as effective over Rares) center skills. eg for vocal/dance/visual stat ups, SRs give you +60% but Rs are only +30%.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

I think there was also one that might've been not strictly related to one idol? I got a screenshot a while back, at least.

They're all saved under the relevant idol (plus Chihiro) in the idol topics (アイドルトピックス) menu section, other than the last one is a convenient 'etc' section for anything that doesn't fit. Can't believe I'm still missing one considering how many loading transitions I've been through.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

There we go, first SSR. I now have all SR or better Cute and Passion teams, but my Cool team is left in the cold with only Rs.

Nice, still waiting for mine and my 8 SRs are scattered across types.

Really starting to wish you could save room layouts, the halloween stuff is nice but I'm not sure I want to dismantle my room and put it back again afterwards.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

There's not really any saving introducing that many characters, even for a 26-episode anime series, but it's a good reference piece

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I've got one SR Honoka and then a bunch of rares, so you're doing better than I am, technically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I really enjoy animal crossinging the idol room. I wish it was a bit more fleshed out and allowed more furniture facings and view angle changes, though.

Yeah. I really want all my furniture to be interactable but that means I have to leave weird gaps in places because I can't turn the furniture so it fits well without blocking off the interaction spot.