Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

New SS event, basically the same as the first except it's a Cool song. Win Ranko(s) for getting enough event points, win Kaede(s) for high ranking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/imascg_stage/statuses/656446445566885888 slightly different tap noises now available if you got the update yesterday, though I'm not a fan of them personally

e: I can see why the 'voice clip on skill activation' is off by default

Polsy fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 20, 2015

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yeah, I haven't been trying too hard but I'm way behind in the rankings, I'll probably just end up with the Rankos

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Incidentally, is there anywhere where they've spat out some numbers for how many people are playing? I'm kinda curious just how garbage [i[240,000th[/i] place is, event-wise. I see that there are entries in the 500,000–1,000,000 section, but none in the 1,000,000+, so it's less than a million, but still…

Pretty safe to say if your (and my) total score is in the same range as the daily increase at 20,000th place (per https://twitter.com/deresute_border) you're not doing that great in event terms. There's going to be a huge tail of low-scoring people at the bottom end who aren't really trying to play the event at all, they're just playing casually and picking up points naturally.

Polsy fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Oct 22, 2015

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

pandaK posted:

There's a sizable population of players who choose to stockpile all their points until the last few days when 4x point gain opens up so that they can just get all their plays done in one lump.

Yeah, I mostly meant the really low ranked people who haven't cleared more than 20 songs since the event started, but that's true too. It'd be interesting to figure out how much the top 20,000 shifts at that point, it's too bad the data isn't easier to get at.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

Starlight Stage wise, I'm hoping we get like SSR Mika on next gacha round. Almost got enough for five 10pulls.

It feels like we're due for a Passion, at least. Though I'm saving my star jewels for the next acceptable Cute, it's tough maintaning my stance as a cute-type producer when those are my worst (well, least good) cards.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

vibratingsheep posted:

I made 62,000th place in Starlight Stage.I got my Kaede.

I never want to play this game again.

Congrats. But yeah, that's why I slacked off so hard on this event after putting so much effort into the first one. I only got the 10,000 point SR Ranko in the end, and the feeble rewards for being in the 100,000-300,000 zone.

Speaking of the first event, Atashi Ponkotsu Android is back, in the (cute) rotating slot. They've also reset all the rewards on it so you can get those star jewels all over again if you already got them during the event.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

One thing that isn't immediately obvious is that you can change the notemap speed between songs, which is pretty nice. Also I guess you can restore your health before the final song, and there' some sort of meter that does something on the left. gently caress knows what that does, but I'm assuming more is better.

The meter is the whole point, if you don't get it into the yellow by the third song you don't get the encore song, and then you don't score any points. Though, it's pretty generous, I think I was there by the second song. Also if you play Master you unlock Master+ if you get it into the red.

I think you get a score boost based on your Vocal score, but, the autogenerator just picked me out an all-cool team so you'll probably have to do that yourself.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yeah, I'm not confident in anywhere near enough Master songs to risk getting a random selection I can't handle, even if I was unexpectedly good at Yumeiro Harmony.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Ah, fair enough, I guess it'd be cruel to give you nothing at all after using up hours worth of stamina. Interesting about the vocal number though, I didn't really look at the actual numbers. I'll just leave it on auto in that case.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

taser rates posted:

I've gotten pretty lucky with that so far thankfully. The only songs I can't really do on Master are the two Ranko songs and Anzu no Uta, and I've managed to not get any of those yet on my event runs. Timing's still going to be tight reaching 10k event points before the end though.

How many points are you getting per play, out of interest? I think at least one of the multple bugs they mention in their latest post which I don't have the energy to translate properly affects scoring, which may be why I get exactly 379 points every Pro game regardless of which team the autogenerator picks for me or whether I level two of my SR idols up ~20 levels.

Though, it hasn't stopped the #1 guy getting over 100,000 points so there must be more to it than that.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

That's the real reason you need to level up in f2p mobile games

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

and Starlight Stage is killing me with the way its stamina mechanics work in comparison to SIF.
5 min to regenerate per point vs. 6
and slower gain of points on ranking up means my ~60 stamina only takes 5 hours to fill back up. Ugh.

Having to save up 40 (or 50, if you're into that) just to be able to do anything for this event is annoying too. I can see me skipping these in future unless I really want the reward.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Who are the normies supposed to be, in the context of the game? School idols from different schools?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I just managed to get into the 100,000 zone in Starlight Stage somehow, so I'm almost certainly going to be squeezed out when it finishes in 2 hours. I got my 15,000 point second Yuko, anyway.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

Now it's a question of which comes next, Miria's image song, or You're Stars Shine On Me?

Good guess

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

This is also why I don't play Starlight Stage. The swipes aren't easy to pull off using just thumbs.

Yeah, it's really weird to me to see people full-comboing Master songs with their thumbs, it looks kind of wrong even as they're doing it. Though, I still can't do it with my fingers anyway because I put my phone down and I don't have a good way to keep it still if there's a lot of slides.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

pandaK posted:

get a rubber mat or a phone cover?

Yeah, I probably would have got a mat already if I randomly saw one but I haven't sought one out. Maybe I'll get someone to get me one for Christmas as soon as I come up with an excuse that isn't 'so I can more effectively touch the screen to the music these Japanese idols are dancing to'.

Actually I still haven't touched the speed settings or switched to 2D mode, which is another thing virtually everyone does in their demo videos.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

You get a room item (mirror) for reading the caravan tutorial in SS, so do that even if you already know how it works. Assuming you love room items, anyway.

Let's see if I can get someone above 6* for this time around.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Allarion posted:

You mean UR I assume.

No, it's pandaK's ongoing mission to get a SSR in Starlight Stage. I don't have one either, though right now I'm saving up while I wait for the new, marginally more likely to drop, SSR to be someone I want, so I can be further disappointed when I don't get it or any other SSR.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I have no existing interest in Taiko at all but I'm definitely getting iDOLM@STER Must Songs

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Taiko is a fun game also you can dress your drum up as Miku

Idols are the only drums I need

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Looks like I'm holding off on the gachas for another couple of weeks, then. Not that excited about the event either, but I said that last time and I still managed to get into the top 100k with a lot less effort than the first event. I guess there's been some drop-off since the launch.

Also I don't have any Kiraris at all, so I'm definitely going to do at least that.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

Apparently according to the folks in the Line chat I'm in, Orange Sapphire Master doesn't have stupid sliders! What a relief.

There's master full combo videos up already (of course), though I haven't watched any yet.

taser rates posted:

Orange Sapphire is cool, but I'm still mad I didn't manage a single SR Kanade from the caravan event. Got like a million Nina and Azuki instead.

Yeah, I got exactly one Kanade. My max star level on any idol is now 7 instead of 6, so I guess that's progress.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

pandaK posted:

Cat: Acquired

Nice, glad it worked out eventually

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I hope everyone's ready for 3D Chloe Lemaire, coming this 1st December

e: I guess the concept is School Idol Festival National Student Dance Battle Royale, they even have rival schools

Polsy fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Nov 25, 2015

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Space Flower posted:

The PV was cute. Did NicoNico stop bullying her yet?

Yeah, it seems like people are done with that now, or maybe it's just as long as she doesn't directly say her name.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

What's this about?

The main reaction to the original advert (see the first 15 seconds of the below video) for the Girlfriend (Beta) mobile gacha game was 'ha ha, Chloe Lemaire says her name in a funny way' leading to so many meme videos it was worth making a 'top 50 Chloe Lemaire videos' ranking video (nws in parts)

I think most people got it out of their system then, though there was a smaller reaction to her saying 'Chloe Lemaire desu yo' in the anime.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Wow, I haven't seen one of those hitler remakes in ages~ Also am I crazy or was the no.1 ranked one literally the commercial?

Yeah, they just included every video with the right tags so unsurprisingly that was the most watched/commented/mylisted one.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Polsy posted:

I hope everyone's ready for 3D Chloe Lemaire, coming this 1st December

e: I guess the concept is School Idol Festival National Student Dance Battle Royale, they even have rival schools

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y53Ym8_tqOo&t=644 hmm, SIF touch layout but also with a 3D character model dancing. Also their 'miss' rating is: Σ(- -);

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

e. Speaking of scouting, does it seriously not let you have over 10k heart points? It refused to accept any more from my present box until I'd used some. What a strange restriction.

Everything else is limited, so I'm not really surprised. At least you can burn them off relatively easily, hopefully getting 9999 of any of the special lesson items will continue to be a very long way off.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Allarion posted:

I'm getting the impression that Namco Bandai has really really really low drop rates for their ultra-rares in all their gatcha games.

It says it's 1.5%, which is pretty weak odds when you're saving up 2500 star jewels over a period of weeks but probably not so bad if you're paying them money.

moondabor posted:

Save me from idol hell

Are those posters SSR rewards? You can't be doing too badly. Also your room's a lot tidier than mine, I hate putting all the cool stuff away.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

pandaK posted:

The showcase ssrs have a higher chance

I feel like they would have to, at minimum, put a footnote by the percentages if that was the case. I presumed the showcase ones just had a higher chance of being selected if it had already decided you were getting a SSR. Alternatively it's neither of those things and it's just "higher" in the sense that the previous showcase ones are removed from the pool.

e: can't believe there's only 3 cutes vs 5 cools (and 4 passions) available in SSR right now, I'm definitely waiting

ee: https://twitter.com/gf_kari_music/status/671635020092542976 ah, finally, now I can install this and never play it because I spend too much time on mobile games as it is

Polsy fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Dec 1, 2015

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Luckily it's been down for maintenance since launch, you're safe for now

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Seriously? That's pretty great. I downloaded it and I was vaguely curious why it had 90 reviews in less than a day. Guess that explains it!

Oh, huh, I'm surprised so many of them are 5* (on both platforms), I guess a lot of people are still feeling confident. They tweeted 8 hours ago that they were going give an update on the situation at midday (3 hours from now) so it'll probably be a little while yet, maybe they need to update the client already.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yeah, that's a pretty clear title.

In the unlikely event 'the wrong type of groove' was some kind of deal-breaker for you in SS Vocal Groove events, they've now added a button to pay 30,000 moneys to switch to a different groove (and then 50,000 more if you didn't like that one either). I guess you can use it if you really didn't like the song selection, too.

Polsy posted:

Luckily it's been down for maintenance since launch, you're safe for now

Day 4 and no certain end in sight, but, maybe this weekend sometime... The apology bonus is now 2500 luck stones instead of 1000.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

Would I have had to do some kind of pre-registration for that, or is it to be applied to all new users?

As far as I can tell everyone is going to get it as long as they sign up by the end of the 11th December (date subject to change if they can't get the iOS update out quickly enough)

e: and complete the tutorial

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

Tried out MedFes and it feels faster-paced than Live Groove Vocal Burst since it doesn't pause in between each song. I think I'm okay with this for now because LGVB just felt like it dragged on.

You have to play all the songs in a row? I'm not sure that's a plus if the full sequence is ~10 minutes like LGVB.

Though, it's pretty safe to say nobody really likes LGVB because I don't have the free time to play it during the day* but I can still stay in the top 100,000 just by playing 2-3 times in the evening.

* I know you can stop between songs but I don't really care enough about the event to find out how long you can do that for or even if it's unlimited

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

It's only 3 songs with no encore, so it's more like ~6 minutes.

Yeah, I could see that making a difference. At least the SS one is ending on a weekend again this time so I can put more effort in towards the end if necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Girl Friend (♪) maintenance continues to continue, they're definitely going to have to move the apology window further forward than the 11th. They didn't tweet for over 24 hours until just now, I was starting to worry they'd worked themselves to death but they probably just got tired of posting "we're still working on it!" every 8 hours.

Meanwhile the ratings are looking more like what I was expecting now.