Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Question about the iDOLM@STER game. Everytime I try to play, this weird box of Japanese text pops up and when I click on one I think it tries to connect with my Google account or something? I dunno how I got past it the first time but the game freezes up if I try to cancel my choice. How do I make it go away?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I loving hate the KR version of SIF. It's way buggier and prone to force-shutting than the EN or JP versions. Also you don't get the "Moshimo" or whatever it is that they stay at the beginning. Instead we get "Toast".

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Revolver Bunker posted:

What they're saying in the opening is "BushiMo" Bushiroad Mobile. Took me forever to figure it out. I kept thinking it was Bushiroad but the last two letters were getting cut off.

I somehow thought that "mo" was how you said "road" in Japanese. That was the only way it made sense to me.

Now it makes more sense to me. Danke.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm at 200 Lovecas in the JP version and I'm at a loss with when I should draw.

Probably when Umi and Rin are available... which was possible right until yesterday with the Lily White scouting thing going on.

Now it's Kotori.

Eugh.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Allarion posted:

Well the upside other than being a really good card is I just find this really funny.

Ha ha ha holy poo poo that's amazing.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

boom boom boom posted:

I just found out you can tap the girl on your home screen to make her say stuff

They also say special stuff on birthdays (both their own and the rest of Muse). Rin sang happy birthday to herself. It was very :3:.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wish they'd stop adding new girls. I only have 7 free slots left and that's with me doing my best to level off a fully idolized and affection'd girl to use her as fodder for the next girl to make more space.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

pandaK posted:

spend stars to add more idol slots

That's crazy talk.

EDIT: How many slots do you get per Loveca anyways?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wait I feel like we may be talking about different idol games.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ChubbyThePhat posted:

I'm just over 21k points in the EN event right now as I head to bed. Looks like I'm going to have to burn some gems to get Eli.

Ganbareli.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I dunno how people get SRs without stoning. I was like 7.5k off from Steampunk Eli.

On a side note, I spent 10 Lovecas upgrading my slots and now I actually have space to breath.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That... is probably not possible for me, then. I'm not dedicated enough to pull that off.

Ah well.

I'll just save up Lovecas until I a card I like comes out and then I'll pull a bunch of cards in a futile attempt to get her.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sorry boom but you know what my idol tier list is like.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

boom boom boom posted:

But the curent event is for an Eli. It wouldn't make sense for me to post a do it for Rin or do it for Honoka picture

I'm going to kill you boom.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Leos Klein posted:

Created my Japanese love live account on Sunday and was able to grind out 150 love gems and 5 blue tickets and all I got was 5 super rares :negative:
How the hell do some people get those ridiculous pulls with multiple ultra rares and super rares??

Oh and what's this shop menu with gold silver and red badges? do you trade in your unwanted idols for the ones you want?

I've gotten the Red Badges by feeding my dupe R idols to each other for skillups.

I assume SRs give Silver Badges and URs give Gold Badges.

I think you can then trade the Badges for Idols.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also the JP version has Achievements, which also award Lovecas.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Holy loving poo poo the KR version of SIF is a buggy piece of poo poo. The loving thing keeps shutting down on me on the title screen.

What's a good Expert song to start off with? I want to try tacklin' them but I'm horrible at staying alive.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Maybe I'll go for Cutie Panther cause I love that song.

I don't think I have the right to tackle Aishiteru Banzai or Mermaid when I can't even FC them on Hard.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Can confirm that Afterschool Navigators is a good EX chart to start on. Nico Puri, however, is not.

Aku posted:

Cutie Panther EX is way harder than it should be, to be honest. In the set mentioned, Aishiteru Banzai's the easiest, and Mermaid Festa Vol 1 is the hardest(or at least the hardest to combo). After School Navigator is a LOT of fun, if you're able to pass it.

I took this advice and tried Afterschool Navigators and holy poo poo that was fun. I had to watch a video of it first on YouTube to get a grasp of what I would be getting into though.

Not gonna be getting any combos (not even C) anytime soon but that was a blast.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

After School Navigators EX is probably the most fun track to play in the game.

I really really like the parts where it's just a matter of frantically hitting single notes.

My worst enemy is probably the ones where you press down for an extremely short amount of time, like the beginning of Wild Stars Hard.

pandaK posted:

chat thread is down the one time i want to post something anime in it, so i'm going to post it here since it's the next best place:

check out this dank meme of a rhythm game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZVnmTkCOxw

I really want to play it, but the specialized cabinet and Japan means there's slim chances of it ever coming here :(

That sliding stuff seems so loving cool. I don't think I could ever being to comprehend how to play something of that level.

ZepiaEltnamOberon fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Nov 8, 2015

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Stupid kittens jump up to my lap whenever they hear SIF. Their little heads are cute but get between mine and the screen. Their little paws are cute, but they end in sharp little claws, and they bat at my fingers.

Tiny cats cost me FCs :argh:

Cats are real achievements, unlike FCs.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wait people don't just play with their thumbs?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

That's okay for a standard phone size screen, anything bigger than that you pretty much have to, uh, finger it.

I'm actually using a Galaxy Note 2, which is fairly bigger than the standard phone. But then again, I can see how people would use more fingers for a tablet.

I'm just so comfortable hitting the notes with just my thumbs that I can't be bothered to use my other fingers, especially cause I like holding my phone while playing the game.

This is also why I don't play Starlight Stage. The swipes aren't easy to pull off using just thumbs.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Trihugger posted:

As a random tangent, with a new Lily White CD in the near future, Umi's voice actress will have 2 CD's, 1 concert DVD of her solo tour earlier this year, 1 live concert of her new CD, 2 anime OVA roles, and 3 televised anime roles all in the span of 4 months. Mimorin is freaking bionic.

Thank Christ. I was incredibly distraught to find out that a new Printemps single was out.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
By the way, what happens if your Ticket thing is already partially filled and you do a 10+1 pull? Does it just go all the way up to 10 and give you a ticket or does it do a full loop and give you a ticket while keeping you at your current position?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Trihugger posted:

It fills up 11 hearts as you would expect from 10+1. It loops around once and gives you a ticket plus one extra heart from your last position.

Kay kay, thanks for the answer.

Guess it's just a matter of finding when I want to spend my Lovecas then.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Now that Afterschool Navigators isn't available anymore my LL play time has taken a significant dip.

I didn't even do my Daily Quest yesterday.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nozomi has the best mischievous smile among the members of Muse.

She's so far ahead she literally does not have any competition.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Actually played in JP for the first time since the last event ended, and I gotta say, I'm not entirely comfortable with so many non-μ's songs.

How many non Muse songs are there in the game anyways?

Last time I checked there were like 2 - Private Wars and one of the Aquors ones. Is Shocking Party finally available?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I don't think Shocking Party is in yet, or if it is, I haven't seen it. There's a new Aquors song on there now (we had one before, right?).

Yeah, they threw up on Aquors song like a month or so back, I think.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They are anime-only, so I guess they're not that important. Only 2 songs anyways.

2 hella good songs.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Leos Klein posted:

After 8 10+1 draws I finally got an ultra rare.

I loving love how that card looks. Less a fan of the idolized version.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I guess March 31st is the day I die.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Snow Halation posted:

Try and hold off until the concert blu-ray comes out, at least.

Woaaaaaaah.....

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

If only boom were here...

Too bad I only had 62 stones in KR.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Aquors? Of course!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What the gently caress, Expert songs can give Rs?

Just beat one of the Cool Experts and got a Cool Maki.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

graybook posted:

Are you playing the song as a non-event song? IIRC there are a bunch of songs (idk if it's all songs) that can give Rs as highly infrequent rewards on regular play.

Non-event, yeah, on JP.

I cant' remember if it was Private Wars or the non-new Lily White song.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
BORING GENERIC LEAD!
BLUE HAIR BRAIDS!
KAREN-CHAN!
BORING BRUNETTE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am having hella fun with Private Wars. Since Afterschool Navigators is not available, it's become my go-to Expert song.