Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

Polsy posted:

How is that not the case in Love Live? Do the notes come out at different speeds?

The notes in Love Live SIF are radially distributed. They travel at the same speed, but not on parallel tracks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

It's estimated that that account took 7.5-8 million yen in loveca to get to level 1000. That's sixty-something thousand Real American Dollars.

Unless loveca cost around 5x as much in JP, that estimate seems impossible to me. Even one of the most expensive levels, from rank 999 --> 1000, should take only around 25 loveca (less than $15 USD if loveca cost roughly matches exchange rates), on account of a 408 LP pool.

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

ChubbyThePhat posted:

So I finally decided on the BiBi pull. I really wish I would have screenshot it but I was too busy laughing at my luck. 10 R's and the 1 SR you always get for spending 50 gems. Thanks game. I didn't want more than 1 upgrade anyways. At least I got to max level the abilities on a couple idolized members and got to idolize a couple too. Couldn't really have been much worse though.

Also I'm at just over 16k points in the event right now. Anyone who grinds out the event know whether I'm doing alright or whether I'm going to need to start burning some love gems to make sure I get to the threshold?

As of the time of my post, the event has about 63 hours remaining. As long as you spend all of your naturally accruing LP, then you should be fine. Even if you get 4th place / A score on hard difficulty, then you will get almost another 10k points. Depending on your event performance, you may need to spend a couple of love gems to make up for the LP that you lose while sleeping.

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

As an addition to this, the maximum club size is 200 somewhere from 180 to 480.

Oblivion590 fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Nov 4, 2015

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

Revolver Bunker posted:

There's a limit? I always assumed it just kept going. I'm going to have to make an external list to keep track of all the cards.

You can use the club member album in the game, though it isn't very convenient if you don't remember the approximate release order of the cards that you are looking for.

I also need to correct myself on the max club size, since the kouhime wiki now indicates a maximum size of 480 cards (at least on JP). I'm also not sure where I got 200 before, because the page history says it used to be 180. So...the maximum size is somewhere in there.

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

ChubbyThePhat posted:

drat that's a lot of love gems in 4 days. I clearly suck at this game.

There are more love gems available in JP. There are more normals, and ranks up to 100 require half XP, so the full LP from rank up goes a lot further.

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

Sarrisan posted:

EDIT: also, I have a 4-star Nico already, but got a couple extra 3's in my draw. Is there anything special I should do with them, or are they practice fodder?

You can have duplicates in your team, so you might want to start using them. Rares are still much better than normals.

You can also level up skills (but not leader skills) by doing a normal practice. As long as the cards have the same skill name and level, then the practicing card will gain 1 level in her skill. If the fodder is lower level, then the chance is less than 100%.

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

Sarrisan posted:

This event is doing a great job of showing me how garbage I am :(

What are my chances at the SR getting mostly 3rd and 4th place in hard mode matches?

You can generally get a first copy of the SR in an event by playing competently on hard difficulty and using all of your LP. Since this event is shorter than average, you may need to spend a couple of gems at the end to make up for time lost while you sleep/work. The cutoff for the second SR usually requires about twice as many points on EN, though some events were significantly more competitive.

If your average result is 4th place and S rank score (196 pts / 15 LP), then you need to spend 1,920 LP to get the first SR at 25,000 points. This is exactly 8 days of accrual (1 LP / 6 minutes = 240 LP / 1 day), which coincidentally matches the length of the event (at 7 days, 23 hours). You will rank up at least once in the process, which provides some additional buffer. This calculation ignores any additional LP that you had at the start of the event.

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

graybook posted:

Ooookay. I have the formula for bond as a function of combo in GFNote figured out for the range of combo values [0,199]. I could devise one for [200,399] but I need a lot more data because the resultant value increases more in that range.

[0,99]: B = C/10 + (C > 50 ? 4 : 0)
[100,199]: B = 23 + [(C-100) / 10] + (C > 150 ? 4 : 0)

That's the same as LLSIF for C < 200. See below (all division is integer division):

Bond = Sum for all C: C/10 + 4*(C/50) + 5*(C/100) + (C-200)/10 - (C-200)/50

i.e. 1 per 10, except 2 per 10 above 200, except 5 per 50, except 10 per 100

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Man I wish I could tier events... I kind of want that Idolized Honoka. The normal SR is nice, but I certainly would not argue with a pair.

If you have a couple of dozen love gems, then you can definitely do it. You just have to stop waiting until the last minute in 8-10 day events to get the tier that you want.

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

poo poo, the goods + ticket packages offer different goods depending on the location.

I want the Lily White phonestraps but at the same time I would much rather watch the live at COEX, which is way more comfortable. But pamphlets??? Also COEX is pricier by KRW 19,000.

:(

Though in the end I'm going with whatever's available.

Are there any remote screenings in Japan itself? I suppose people who lost in the lottery are probably out of luck.

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I dunno Japanese but this is the part of the site that talks about foreign screenings.

http://www.lovelive-anime.jp/otonokizaka/sp_finallive_lvos.html

Dang, it looks like I missed the domestic lottery application by two weeks.

Tickets for the two days of the concert had separate lotteries and sales, so I would expect the same for the remote viewings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

Skwee posted:

I just noticed some songs on the hits list in ENSIF have bonus gold multipliers on them for limited amount of time. I wonder what that's about

Gold multipliers appear on songs during the final 80 hours of token collecting events, starting from the moment that 4x and EX appear. The affected songs change each day (at 00:00 UTC), and the multipliers are 1.5x Normal / 2.0x Hard. The (1x) event song itself is usually/always given a bonus on one of those days. Most of this information is available in the in-game event description that nobody ever reads.