Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i heard this starlight stage game is the next big innovation in rhythm mobage what's the hella dealio on this anime idol game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

is the ai like hamburger song in this game

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

what's the difference

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

what's the point of having more than one copy of an idol?

oh you can mash them together to get levels

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Sep 30, 2015

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

pandaK posted:

what's the point of having more than one copy of an idol?

oh you can mash them together to get levels

Is there an optimum way to level up idols like this? Like, would mashing multiple identical idols together into a higher star idol make for better fodder or does it not matter?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Is there a point to doing the 10 pull over the single pull like you get some increased odds or something?

Also, how does the awakening system work? I mean I get how to do it, but how does it determine which version of the idol you unlock next? When I look at their wiki page they all have a bunch of different cards with no indicator of what goes into what. Is it always a set determined path or are awakening results sometimes random?

e: is there a point to keeping the three initial girls you get at the beginning? Unless they end up becoming pretty good idols, I don't really care much about them besides Rin.

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Sep 30, 2015

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Overlord K posted:

Though I am pretty sure people just favor the one they got into first. Myself included.

i've never watched an idol show in my life

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Yosuke posted:

10 pull just has one guaranteed SR no matter what.

The Cinderella Girls wiki is not going to help you because the card images are for the main CG game and thus irrelevant. So you will always go from an R to an R+ and whatever. Mind, SS does reuse a lot of the main CG cards but its a linear thing and the wiki arranged them in pairs anyway.

No. They're fodder Rs you can get normally.

Is there a site that shows that kind of stuff + what the center skills do?

Also added everyone in the op, and my own friend code is 235131737

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Songs where the beatmap skip a beat to trip you up bother me almost as much as the comma does in this thread's title.

gently caress beat skips.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Are the skills listed on the google doc in the OP t he center skill or the regular skills?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Polsy posted:

Regular. The center skills all seem to be 'all [my type] idols [stat] up' where stat is one of vocal/dance/visual/life/skill chance.

So when I'm leveling up my skills through tickets and whatnot, when it says I boosted my skill from 1 to 2, does that mean I went from low to medium according to that graph or are there subdivisions within the low, medium, high levels?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Is there a translated list of all the mission requirements? I'm stuck on mission eight where you're supposed to apparently do the rock song on debut I think? I don't know.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Polsy posted:

The missions are all do whichever song was the previous one you unlocked, on Debut or higher, plus there's a level requirement. I don't remember what it was for 8 but if you go to the communication for it (コミュ, ストーリーコミュ) and tap the grey mission it'll have the required level in the pink text above the song.

Oh, so that "19" is the level requirement. Okay, I'm right on the cusp of that, thanks.

Also I just got enough for a 10 pull today, here's my catch:
  • Kaede, aka Meme chan
  • Discount Kuroneko
  • Ema Senzaki
  • Kirari Moroboshi
  • Ayame Hamaguchi
  • S Rare Meme chan
  • Mika Jougasaki
  • S Rare Zombie (Halloween var.)
  • Uzuki
  • S Rare Karen Hojo

So I got like two S Rares that I was looking forward to in some way, that's pretty nice. I already have a fully maxed regular Kaede on my roster, is there any point to keeping her or should I mash her and the extra Kaede I got in this pull into the S Rare version?

e: I guess now's a good enough time to start making specialized teams. Would it be better to stick one of my already maxed idols in the center even if they aren't S Rare or should I put the fresh S Rares in the middle? Unless the S Rares tend to just overall tend to have stronger center skills anyways?

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 2, 2015

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Zettace posted:

Anzu no Uta on master at 1 speed is the most hilarious thing.

Does speed apply a score multiplier or something? What's the benefit of boosting it up?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

So through a series of "poor life choices" I have managed to do another two 10-pulls, of which the results are:

The Kaede and Koume are exact copies of the ones I got in my first 10-pull, so though I'll be leveling them up for my support cast, they're eventually getting folded for star level. So in essence, only 1 unique s-rare out of 2 pulls...

e: also it's kinda weird how I've managed to pull the first srare displayed on the wiki every time. Is that intended or something or?

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Oct 4, 2015

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Yosuke posted:

Yes, because the wiki arranges the Cinderella Girls cards in original release order, and Starlight Stage is reusing the cards from that game as I've mentioned before., and of which they have selected the first cards they released for the idols. Not all of the cards displayed on project-imas or most other wikis for CG have been put in SS.

The only things with "new" art are the SSRs.

Ohh, I didn't get that the first time I read your post.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Sonata Mused posted:

So, I really like the little Idol Topics that they use as loading screens (though I wish they updated/uploaded new ones faster...). One of the sites has slowly started translating some of them if you don't read moon runes.

http://moeidolatry.com/starlight/idoltopics/

Me irl:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

this error better not make the game skip parsing my full combo

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i want all the syokos

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Got enough stars for another 10 pull, oh man several of these load times are taking a really long time, I'm getting pretty exci-

oh

t-thanks...

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Outer Science posted:

see the gold border on the bottom-right and bottom-second-from-the-left, they're SRs, rest are Rs

Yeah, SRs that I already got two clones of instead of getting brand new SRs.

e: oh wait, you were just using my post as an example, sorry about that.

ee: to add onto what he said, SSR idols have a border color of their corresponding type. This has the unintended effect of making SSR passion idols kind of hard to tell compared to regular SRs.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

boom boom boom posted:

I meant in Love Live, I can't rad Japanese so I don't play the other one.

you don't need to know japanese to hit buttons

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

boom boom boom posted:

But I won't understand the story.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

that op doesn't mention what a total memer kaede is

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

kinoko status: acquired

got both SRs in this event so far, nice.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Polsy posted:

New SS event, basically the same as the first except it's a Cool song. Win Ranko(s) for getting enough event points, win Kaede(s) for high ranking.

Nice, those will go nicely with my already full SR cool team while my cute and passion teams continue to languish with a single SR each

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Polsy posted:

Pretty safe to say if your (and my) total score is in the same range as the daily increase at 20,000th place (per https://twitter.com/deresute_border) you're not doing that great in event terms. There's going to be a huge tail of low-scoring people at the bottom end who aren't really trying to play the event at all, they're just playing casually and picking up points naturally.

There's a sizable population of players who choose to stockpile all their points until the last few days when 4x point gain opens up so that they can just get all their plays done in one lump.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Getting pretty sick of this game constantly giving me clone SRs instead of new ones so my team hardly grows:

I mean, at least I did get one new idol this time around, and it is pretty whiny of me to complain about a three SR pull...

I just want an SSR of my own...

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Aku posted:

I really appreciate the new update for SS and the fact that we have a speed option before playing. Some of the Master charts were so scrunched together it was hard to read proper. I wish Love Live would get something like this, even if it's just the JP version for now, because it'd make songs like Kokuhaku Biyori EX a tad easier.

The speed options were always there, this update just pulls up the menu for them automatically every time now.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I wish they'd stop adding new girls. I only have 7 free slots left and that's with me doing my best to level off a fully idolized and affection'd girl to use her as fodder for the next girl to make more space.

spend stars to add more idol slots

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

chat thread is down the one time i want to post something anime in it, so i'm going to post it here since it's the next best place:

check out this dank meme of a rhythm game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZVnmTkCOxw

I really want to play it, but the specialized cabinet and Japan means there's slim chances of it ever coming here :(

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

That sliding stuff seems so loving cool. I don't think I could ever being to comprehend how to play something of that level.

The bars on the left and right of the machine sense where your hands are so you have to raise your hands on the green notes. Also lol at the star and (9) pattern sliders.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Here's a less memey song where you can see that it actually looks like a more advanced version of Starlight Stage (which in itself is an advanced version of IIDX, but I digress...)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtVUElCOqKA

Space Flower posted:

Wow, that really is dank.

It's literally called Chunithm, the Japan game is too strong in this man.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Polsy posted:

Yeah, it's really weird to me to see people full-comboing Master songs with their thumbs, it looks kind of wrong even as they're doing it. Though, I still can't do it with my fingers anyway because I put my phone down and I don't have a good way to keep it still if there's a lot of slides.

get a rubber mat or a phone cover?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

13th 10-pull, still no SSR. My journey still continues...

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

New Passion event in SS, SSR Mika prize for top 100k and Rika in the gacha

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Cat: Acquired

got it off a single 60 pull the day after I made a 10 pull with a single repeat SR and 4 ninas

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

>New SSRs: Anya and Bomber

"Oh my god, it's finally time, I will get my second SSR today!"

Roll the 10 pull, actually pull an SSR.

"OHHHHHHH-"

"-OUAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHhhhh......"

I can't believe this game managed to break me over actually getting an SSR

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Akane is alright i guess
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHrBZMCd3XU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Polsy posted:

It says it's 1.5%, which is pretty weak odds when you're saving up 2500 star jewels over a period of weeks but probably not so bad if you're paying them money.

Are those posters SSR rewards? You can't be doing too badly. Also your room's a lot tidier than mine, I hate putting all the cool stuff away.

The showcase ssrs have a higher chance