Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

squidflakes posted:

I really wish you could just play loveca and buy certain cards. I'd love to get the Halloween Nozomi, but gently caress. In five 50 gem pulls I've managed to only ever get SRs because of the guarantee, so I can only imagine how much it would take to just get a whatever percentage chance that you might get one of several URs on offer.

I say this, and yet I can't stand games that let you buy your way to success. Apparently I've got a bad case of the waifus.

I want to say that it took me at least ten 10+1s to get my first non-welfare UR. Still a 1% chance to pull at all.
Still a bit luckier than a couple of my friends on another forum who had been playing since launch and took at least a year and change each to draw their first UR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Tree Huffer posted:

As happy as I am to have gotten the Halloween Koume, I think I'm gonna give up on playing SS because of how laggy it is. Even on the lowest setting possible, I still get misses and bads because of lag. Guess I'm sticking to SIF unless they can fix something with it.

Even with timing adjustments? I interpreted 'lowest setting' as note speed, so I'm probably wrong in my understanding of your situation.
What device/OS are you using? Maybe someone else has the same problem.
Sorry to hear it, especially since if you're sticking to ENSIF, I don't think they've fixed the timing issues there yet.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

boom boom boom posted:

I meant in Love Live, I can't rad Japanese so I don't play the other one.

Tuesday, from the looks of it. Token match for a Smile Rin, I believe.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Sakurazuka posted:

Still the best op

:agreed:

It's the best treatment of introducing characters I've read thus far.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I have received my fourth SR Honoka from event drops.

Syoko has forsaken me.

I soldier on.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Yeah, the event gives you the chance to get rewards from any song you play. It's just that you have a higher chance of a drop if you a) play a promoted-attribute song and/or b) have a higher star rank idol as the center of the team you use to play the song.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Yeah I'm gonna be tempted to T1/2 for that in roughly a year.

In SS news i am on my fifth SR Honoka and seventh whatsherface new Cute R.
Syoko remains elusive.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Sorry about that I was asleep oh dear Christ we are beyond God's holy salvation

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
(the joke is that nico is one of the reasons i got into love live in the first place, the other reason being that i had heard about SIF)

SS is more appealing to me because of the challenge it presents (accidentally FC'd Dokidoki Rhythm like yesterday when I was just trying to improve my score rank), though I really can't see myself improving on 27/28-star songs soon. I also don't really have much reason to care for the unvoiced idols or even really some of the voiced ones since they're not doing cute/dramatic things in the anime.

SIF I'm just coasting on for now. I just want to see the timing issues fixed and, as you noted, the new EX songs to come out so I can earn a few more rewards.
I hope it won't take until the 16th or whenever to see the new EX batch since I think that's when it said we'd get the EX versions of Nico Puri and Garasu no Hanazono.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Oh god there's a Love Live game for the Vita? Where do I get my hands on this?

Here's one version: https://www.amazon.com/School-Paradise-Limited-Edition-Import-3010556011/dp/B00F2DWPP8

There's also a version for Printemps and Lily White, I believe.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Oh poopy, cracked my phone screen. No more SIF/SS until I get it fixed.

I think I can be okay with not getting the Rin though. Just wanna SS Music START before it leaves.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Hopefully this time around I can get into top 40k for song ranking now that I have a 4 SR 1 R team for Cool.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Jaysis, the Nation Blue event in SS is pretty brutal already. Everyone wants the punny Christmas cake.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Polsy posted:

Yeah, I haven't been trying too hard but I'm way behind in the rankings, I'll probably just end up with the Rankos

Probably same. Might see about burning some stamina drinks towards the end because I think I might want a Kaede for the sake of having one.

I should also start pushing some of my N cards to 10k fans so that I can safely practice lesson them away.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Granted, that's the reward for the current MedFes in JP. ENSIF won't get that for roughly another year.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

ChubbyThePhat posted:

I'm probably not even going to get the Run card from the current EN event. What rank do you need to be to pull that off usually, or is just straight dependent on the number of event points? Only want one, don't have enough time in my life to get two.

It's event point dependent only. Token events get a copy at 11k, score match at 25k.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
It's neat that we can do it in half increments too (the speed mod), and raising max mod to 10.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

halokiller posted:

I feel like I'm actually getting better. FC'd Binetsu Kara Mystery EX on my first try when that song murdered me during Score Match when it hits that certain part. And *nearly* FC'd Soldier Game EX except for one good on an easy part. :argh: But at least I know it's doable.

The lasers or the wave? I'm assuming wave.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I maintain that the second B-side rotation EX songs are easier than the first rotation. To me, at least, they've each got a specific rhythm that you can just hone in on. They're still tricky, though, but not so much as Otomeshiki, say.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Nawatobi is like paradoxically slow yet fast-paced. I feel like Arifureta Kanashimi no Hate is similar in that regard (at least its latter portion).

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Spotlights still end my FC runs frequently. The only part I dislike about playing EX songs is that 25 lp is so drat much. I have 45 max right now and that poo poo limits me to 2 songs per play. It's quick, but can't wait to be able to play more.

Okay I'm still not good in terminology. What're spotlights?

Starlight Stage wise, I'm hoping we get like SSR Mika on next gacha round. Almost got enough for five 10pulls.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

boom boom boom posted:

The parts where ti goes double taps, then on tap on one of the double spots, then double, then one, back and forth real fast like that just gently caress me right up.

Is this still Baby Maybe Koi no Button? I'm somehow having a hard time visualizing this on my end. I'm not good at mental pictures.

edit: the bit at the end, I take it?

Aku posted:

Uh, I had an issue in SIF just now where I was playing in score match, and the song was Baby Maybe Koi no Button EX. The chart started early and the whole thing was off sync by a whole second.

This happened to me except the chart moved ahead by like a quarter second in the middle of a double hold which broke my combo.
There are multiple ways to experience desync and I'm not glad to say that I've had enough happen to me.

Klab please try to show that you want to maintain EN players. :c

Back to Starlight Stage: if we have another caravan type event please scamco up the drop rate of the main sr slightly ;_;
I could live with a secondary sr being passion though, like how Honoka wasn't passion but still an event reward that I got like ten times overall. So that hopefully helps some in drop rates.

graybook fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Oct 28, 2015

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Venus Syndrome is my jam.

Now it's a question of which comes next, Miria's image song, or You're Stars Shine On Me?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Klab pushed an update like a month or two ago that led to many players noticing timing issues that weren't really fixed by adjusting one's timing settings. Also there's been way more desync reported as well it seems. Like, before, the worst I would get was a hiccup where the chart appeared to jump back, but then it'd get back to where it was; now, I've seen the chart jump ahead, jump back, I've seen the game slow down whenever I tap a circle, I've seen the song just up and restart a minute from the end.

There was also a multiple hour update they pushed relatively soon after that - in the middle of an event - which mainly changed the title screen to advertise the movie, which wasn't even available to see that widely.

And that update didn't do anything to address the timing issues (I believe).

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Get your teams ready, Producers - next event in Starlight Stage starts in less than two days. Apparently it's like a Medley Festival in SIF, and there's a focus on idols strong in the Vocal stat.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Eh, just build teams for the event sorting idols by vocal. I've got one for top among all attributes and I'll make one for each attribute too. Or something. We'll see how the mechanics play out.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Yeah, autogen teams seem okay but I'm out of luck for passion.
Tried it on master, got cute. Stuck with Susume Otome and Android so those were eh but got fc on Onegai Cinderella again so that was nice.
Lost all health on Yumeiro Harmony once, survived I the last sliver of restored health.
Looks like I have to stick to pro.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
who put this loving crane game in front of otonokizaka

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

boom boom boom posted:

Woohoo, got Eli without spending any loveca or setting an alarm to wake mu up in the middle of the night so I don't waste LP while I sleep.

Which I have considered.

At least you wouldn't be the first.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
and Starlight Stage is killing me with the way its stamina mechanics work in comparison to SIF.
5 min to regenerate per point vs. 6
and slower gain of points on ranking up means my ~60 stamina only takes 5 hours to fill back up. Ugh.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Plus I feel ridiculously inefficient playing this way. I'm kind of burnt out playing like four songs in a row with the last one always being Yumeiro Harmony. I wish I were good enough to handle the song on master, but I'm not, so I have to settle for pro, which isn't as fun to play. All in all not a compelling combo for me.

At least I finally got my first passion SR though!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
How much do you have to spend to tier in JP?

I'm saving my gems for next month in EN so I can T1 the Nico token event. Bring on the bloodbath.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
What happened to the good old days when we could all agree on hating Nico?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I think so, yeah, based on the uniforms you see a bunch of them in (and for Normal girls whose first appearances don't have them in a school uniform, the other girls they mention knowing).

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Honestly, back from the first teaser image we got for Sunshine, I thought Chika was Kasane Hasekura.
And then the other eight got added in and I couldn't recognize any of them.

Edit: Oh, and in JPSIF, doesn't it like list their school in their bio? The wikia at decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive lists schools for the Normal girls on their entry pages, so that information has to be somewhere. I don't think it's in the English version though.

graybook fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Nov 5, 2015

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

pandaK posted:

The bars on the left and right of the machine sense where your hands are so you have to raise your hands on the green notes. Also lol at the star and (9) pattern sliders.

My face twisted into a snooty grimace when I saw those slider patterns. Jesus christ Japan. When I go over there with my friends I HAVE to try (and naturally fail) at some of these rhythm games.
I do really want to play Sound Voltex, myself.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I mean, we were getting a steady stream of the main Derem@s cast image songs, so it was bound to be one of those since they hadn't been added yet.

Also I didn't know the name of her image song and I was too lazy to look up its title.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Sweet delicious friend points

boom boom boom posted:

But my brain and hands still completely refuse to do this part of Soldier Game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pJYw9oV-Bc&t=0m58s

Haven't clicked yet but I'm going to guess the lasers

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Oh loving hell. 422 combo on Kokukaku and the chart decides to jump ahead. I hate desync, especially since that's my best run so far. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Alternatively, some folks who do use phones of a typical size still opt to play with pointer (+ middle, if the game is sufficiently complex) fingers.
I'm too lazy to be one of those people.