Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

pandaK posted:

is the ai like hamburger song in this game

Not that I've seen, and I think that's a regular idolmaster song rather than a Cinderella Girls song, so I don't expect it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Different girls

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

beaner69 posted:

I'd argue that Nico is better than all of idolmaster. :colbert:

:yeah:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Allarion posted:

I wanna say that B-side Normals are basically as difficult as Single Hards, and B-side Hards are as difficult as Single Experts.

That's the idea, but some take that to extremes, and some don't deliver on it (Nawatobi).

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Token events are way better when one is starting out. Score Match is for veterans with good teams and no need for the xp/fp/normies that the extra plays of the event songs give. The greater song variety of SM is nice for those who haven't unlocked everything, though.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Yep

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I made full healer teams in SS, and they make completing even the hardest Master songs trivial. Well worth the effort.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Alright so I do need to keep them around while I level em up. Just checking cause drat I have a lot.

For maximum rewards, yes, but it's only maybe 4-5 extra love gems. The easiest thing to do for good rewards is to idolize them, max their bonds, and eat them. If you do want to max level them (heck, I do it), feed them to each other in a chain. The unfortunate consequence of doing this is that you either prioritize maxing the trash to get them out of your box, leaving your teams under-leveled, or you prioritize your teams, leaving your box clogged.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

graybook posted:

What're the rarities of your healers? My hypothetical healer team would probably only be 4 R accompanied by a guard/PL card.

Rare. My teams are my best center for each color (SR or R), then by best healers of that color, and filled out by best healers of other colors (best as in vocals, &c., they all have level 1 skills). They haven't been my priority for leveling, so I've been getting maybe Bs for score, but I'm finishing them (with full or close to full health) and getting the star jewels, so that's good enough for now.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Hmm, "even the hardest" may have been too strong a phrase. A few are kicking my rear end, even with the healers. I'm confident that a few repeat attempts should sort things out, but for now, the easy star jewels have run dry.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Trihugger posted:

I'm debating whether going for Vocaloid Maki in the current JP event is worth this kind of commitment. Also the annoying prospects of averaging 3rd place in score match to the mass of japanese accounts with better teams than me.

It's worth it.

Unless you're talking about going for Tier 2. That's never worth it, even for Nico.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
That's the SR for the current JP Score Match. She's cute, and I'm going to get her.

The good news is that even if you consistently get 3rd or 4th place, you can still get to 25k event points with just efficient use of stamina. Even if you miss a few plays, it shouldn't take more than a handful of loveca.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

There we go, first SSR. I now have all SR or better Cute and Passion teams, but my Cool team is left in the cold with only Rs.

Now to largely set aside SS until the Maki event is over.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ChubbyThePhat posted:

I long for the day I finally cap my level in SIF. I only have 41 LP right now. Sucks to only be able to play 2 songs (3 if I play an easy one) before having to put it down for a few hours.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
It's estimated that that account took 7.5-8 million yen in loveca to get to level 1000. That's sixty-something thousand Real American Dollars.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ChubbyThePhat posted:

I envy you so hard

That's not me, I'm just showing that ranks keep going. This is the profile card of the first account to get to rank 1000.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Oblivion590 posted:

Unless loveca cost around 5x as much in JP, that estimate seems impossible to me. Even one of the most expensive levels, from rank 999 --> 1000, should take only around 25 loveca (less than $15 USD if loveca cost roughly matches exchange rates), on account of a 408 LP pool.

I can't say I mathed it out myself, but no, loveca aren't appreciably more expensive in JP (they're actually cheaper for us because of the weak yen!), so it's perhaps a gross exaggeration.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

boom boom boom posted:

But I won't understand the story.

The OP to the Cinderella Girls thread tells you all the story you need.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Maki GET

Now to return to only intermittent idoling.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I just went to rearrange my EN teams, since it had been a while and promo cards don't play nice with the auto selection criteria, and I realized that I have a full team of level 60 Cool SRs that aren't good enough for my main team. That's sad. I suppose some of them have a home on a perfect lock team, but I wish there was a purpose to the others besides hanging around in case I draw their twin. Ah well, I suppose EN will eventually get the seal shop.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

John McClane posted:

so is it possible to get rin if I'm literally not good enough to beat hard mode without burning a love gem

If you use your stamina efficiently and don't fail songs too often, you should be able to get the 11000 points necessary playing on normal. It'll take a lot of playing, though. Worst-case, you'd have to burn a few love gems to restore your stamina to get the remainder on the last day. Rapid level-ups at the start help, but the fact that you waste hours of stamina overnight hurts. Good luck!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Trihugger posted:

Playing lower difficulty songs just means that you have a smaller LP cushion, but it's not so bad that it's impossible. A token event song at Normal difficulty with an S score, S combo nets the same amount of points per token as Hard A score, B combo. And it's a lot easier to pull off.

The real hurdle is needing to play the same song so many more times. You'll probably start hearing "rin, rin, rin" in your sleep.

Actually, it is more efficient to do harder songs if you can score well. It's not huge, but it is a thing. The general rule of thumb is to play on the hardest difficulty you can generally S-rank on.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
yo graybook, go tell Seafood to change the thread tag to Nico

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I really enjoy animal crossinging the idol room. I wish it was a bit more fleshed out and allowed more furniture facings and view angle changes, though.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Eli's birthday right now in JP, in five or six hours (whenever the day change happens) in EN. Combined with the countdown to martini Hanayo and coincidence of the normal login bonus, it's a good day for loveca.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Is that card going to be JP only?

Were I to guess, EN will get it in a year.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

I like steampunk Eli.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wFaJLpsIoI

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Steampunk Eli is mine.

Now to maybe play a bit of EN's Score Match.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ChubbyThePhat posted:

To spend 50 love gems on BiBi scouting or just regular scouting.... these are the questions of my Saturday nights.

Consider: if you regular pull, you might get Hanayo, while a BiBi pull increases your chances of being blessed with Nico.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ChubbyThePhat posted:

So I finally decided on the BiBi pull. I really wish I would have screenshot it but I was too busy laughing at my luck. 10 R's and the 1 SR you always get for spending 50 gems. Thanks game. I didn't want more than 1 upgrade anyways. At least I got to max level the abilities on a couple idolized members and got to idolize a couple too. Couldn't really have been much worse though.

Also I'm at just over 16k points in the event right now. Anyone who grinds out the event know whether I'm doing alright or whether I'm going to need to start burning some love gems to make sure I get to the threshold?

Seems like you're maybe a bit behind, but not by much. I'd wait to burn gems until the last day, if you think you'll have time then.Not more than a small handful of gems, I'd think, depending on your max stamina. Perhaps none at all if your level ups cooperate.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

boom boom boom posted:

How often do they add new regular girls?

With each event. They add the event girl from a few events ago to the scouting roster and, I think, one more. That is, new cards of the same girls.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

I'm tempted to go for Tier 2 for the Magnetic Today event.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

graybook posted:

How much do you have to spend to tier in JP?

I'm saving my gems for next month in EN so I can T1 the Nico token event. Bring on the bloodbath.

I haven't mathed it out, but I think my 83 stamina should let me do it for a dozen at most. It's the time cost rather than the loveca cost that gives me pause.

I really like Dr. Nico and am only passingly fond of her idolized version, so I'm not particularly tempted to tier for the next EN Nico.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Should get some for each girl. Cause they'll be needed eventually.

Also when you refer to getting t1 or t2 in an event, is there another cutoff of points or are you just referring to doubling up the SR reward points so you can idolize?

The latter, getting a second for T2 and a third for T1. Since it's based on rank relative to other players there's not way to know for certain what the cutoff will be.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The quest for Nico has begun. Time to play though all the E/N/H songs I've let pile up.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

I have now noticed this terrible pasted-on little crown. I will not be going for tier 2.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

squidflakes posted:

Since the next event is a Nozomi event, I seriously have to consider dropping some gems and seeing if I can actually tier.

Ooh, I remember this one. I really like the idolized fairy Nozomi, but probably not enough to consider tiering.

The idolized normie is also good:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
That makes more sense than "random girls from Otonokizaka", which is what I had always assumed without thinking about it much.

I'm definitely surprised that they didn't put a few of the more popular ones into Aquors.