Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

YEEEESSSSSSSSS

Now reprint the deluxe Divinity trilogy hardcover!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Thank Baby Jesus. I still need Rai though...

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I finally got around to watching Ninjak vs. The Valiant Universe. Some quick thoughts:

- The guy playing X-O is like Chris Pratt with all the goofy charisma removed.

- Ninjak vs. Bloodshot is a pretty fun fight.

- 60% of the web series is cheesy close-ups of Roku looking aroused by what she's watching.

- John Morrison's bad acting is even worse when you take him away from the wrestling ring.

- Everything involving Archer and Armstrong is fantastic and they are the main reason to sit through the whole thing. Especially Ninjak vs. A&A.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Faith: Dreamside is really marrying the best parts of Faith and Doctor Mirage's series with a dash of Animalia (who always livens up a comic). Not sure how I feel about Hwen wanting Shan to move on and start a family with someone else, though.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Almost caught up in my Valiant read. Fifteen trades to go!

Finished Harbinger Renegade Vol. 2 which went from "Oh, cool, we're getting follow-up on Generation Zero," to "Hey, HARD Corps are back!" to ":stare:" in seconds. Cool to see that with psiot stuff being Valiant's version of mutants, we finally have a Valiant version of Apocalypse introduced.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Ahhh! War-Monger is getting a series! I don't know who Tini Howard is but this preview looks great! I've been wanting to see more War-Monger since Unity ended.

https://twitter.com/ValiantComics/status/1070726338007523328

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tini Howard had a good page in the X-Men holiday special, I'd be interested in seeing more from them.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Barnes & Noble has the Divinity Trilogy deluxe hardcover (9% off plus another 20% off with code WISHLIST)

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I'm disappointed in Shadowman. I was excited for it to get a reboot but it's been pretty meh. It's a little funny that the new writer sort of poo poo on something from the original series.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

How far did you get? I read the first trade of the new series, which didn't do a whole lot that was interesting, but I also read the next issue that had Shadowman quantum leap into his grandpa's body/age or something. That chapter held a ton of promise.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I'm up to date with it. That issue was pretty good but that whole thing petered out in my opinion. Wish Jack would just accept the loa or give it to Alyssa.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Valiant 2019 plans. If you can parse it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's some rumbles about Valiant video games in 2020 that I saw on FB. Imagine a Rai/4000 AD game that looked like Clayton Crain's artwork.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I'm a couple issues into Bloodshot Salvation and man, Valiant sure is making Rampage look like the lamest villain ever.

- First appears in Bloodshot's Book of Death one-shot, where he quickly gets killed by Bloodshot.

- Shows up in Stalinverse as one of several villains who act like heroes against the Soviets. Is quickly killed by Bloodshot.

- Makes his first modern/canon appearance in a cliffhanger. Is immediately run over by a truck.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Pretty sure he also gets kicked in the junk by a child, the one true weakness of genetically engineered assassins.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Almost fully caught up. The available trades that I have yet to read are:

- Shadowman v. 2
- Quantum and Woody v.1
- Valiant High
- Ninjak vs. The Valiant Universe
- Harbinger Wars 2
- X-O Manowar v. 5
- Britania v. 3

I find it hilarious how Valiant treats Baron Samedi in every major appearance. Everyone keeps tripping over themselves to talk about what a piece of poo poo he is and how he's not to be trusted and how he'll stab you in the back if you even look the other way... then he always helps out the heroes and is awesome every single loving time.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

For those of you not following X-O Manowar, this month's issue is worth getting for the artwork alone. Holy moley. :swoon:

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Livewire's no slouch, either: https://twitter.com/HassanOE/status/1088872710212603904?s=19

Good to know there's a superhero publisher with its act together while the Big Two are busy tripping over their dicks.
(Not sure why Valiant keeps promoting/restructuring, but it seems to be working)

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Valiant's 2019 slate has been solid so far. However, I trade-wait Bloodshot. Has anyone been keeping up with it? Still good?

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Oh poo poo, I didn't know Valiant were putting out 'The Life and Death of Toyo Harada', one of comics' best antivillains when well-written (and the current iteration of Valiant has a really outstanding well-written:crap ratio so he usually is) and sadly underappreciated.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

New Bloodshot series announced, written by Tim Seeley
with art by Brett Booth :barf:
https://deadline.com/2019/03/bloodshot-valiant-comics-reloads-as-sony-ramps-up-vin-diesel-sci-fi-film-1202575477/

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

And a new X-O Manowar series by Dennis Hopeless and Emilio Laiso.

https://www.comicsbeat.com/valiant-new-x-o-manowar-creative-team/

Dennis Hopeless is a great pick for X-O. I loved his work on Nova and World Reader. I'm lukewarm on Emilio Laiso. His past work is pretty good, but he's definitely a step down from the absolute dream team of Tomás Giorello and Diego Rodriguez.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

JordanKai posted:

And a new X-O Manowar series by Dennis Hopeless and Emilio Laiso.

https://www.comicsbeat.com/valiant-new-x-o-manowar-creative-team/

Dennis Hopeless is a great pick for X-O. I loved his work on Nova and World Reader. I'm lukewarm on Emilio Laiso. His past work is pretty good, but he's definitely a step down from the absolute dream team of Tomás Giorello and Diego Rodriguez.

Nova and World Reader was Jeff Loveness . I like Hopeless a lot though. He just finished up a little Cloak and Dagger digital exclusive series that was real good and his runs on Spider-Woman, All New X-Men, and Jean Grey were real good too..

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

X-O posted:

Nova and World Reader was Jeff Loveness . I like Hopeless a lot though. He just finished up a little Cloak and Dagger digital exclusive series that was real good and his runs on Spider-Woman, All New X-Men, and Jean Grey were real good too..

Oops! Still a good pick, though. I liked his work on Cable & X-Force.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://twitter.com/MagsVisaggs/status/1126495419255656448

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Just caught up on Life and Death of Toyo Harada. The follow-up to Imperium was a loving long time coming, but it's really goddamned good so far. Dysart knows what he's doing.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Anyone else hyped for the reveal in Fallen World #2 (WAR MOTHER) or is Valiant publishing it just for me?

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
I forgot this thread exists so was posting about The Life and Death of Toyo Harada in the indie thread. Baller series. Happy with how it ended, managing to change the status quo without making the setting totally unrecognisable or killing Harada. I hope Dysart goes and does something with Peter now to develop him a bit further.

I'm finally going back to read the Eternal Warrior comics (good ultra-violence, although maybe not great substance) and the X-O Manowar series. The latter is such a consistently high quality epic. The art reminds me a lot of the manual from the first Tribes game, funnily - both are obviously heavily inspired by pulp, obviously.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
I'm pretty negative on Valiant nowadays. Letting Joshua Dysart finish his run might be the last good thing they do before their corporate overlords shut them down. Now that Life and Death is done, they don't really have any outstanding books. They've had slumps before, but I don't trust the current leadership to work themselves out of the current slump.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I like Livewire. I wish Ninjak had his own book but Killers will probably feature him. The Bloodshot origins book was pretty mediocre and they really have no idea what to do with Shadowman which is a shame.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm sure they'll pull out with the Bloodshot book drawn by Brett Booth

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

High hopes for Doctor Mirage over here. Livewire and Killers are alright. Gotta admit there aren't any must-haves at the moment... I want to know what creative process led to Psi-Lords because so far it is too drat plain for what should be a shot in the arm for Valiant's universe.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Well, I at least am interested in this new Rai book because I've wanted another Rai ongoing ever since the Rai/4001 AD stuff a few years ago which I thought was terrific.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Valiant released a Bloodshot variant with a carbon fiber cover and they've gone too far.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

That reminds me, are we supposed to get a Bloodshot trailer next week with NYCC? Movie comes out in four months.

I just watched the eight Fast and Furious movies for the first time over the course of two days, so my body is ready for more Vin Diesel mumblegrowl.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
A Roku series (yay) and a Dan Abnett RAI series from NYCC.

I guess i'll check 'em out.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Gavok posted:

That reminds me, are we supposed to get a Bloodshot trailer next week with NYCC? Movie comes out in four months.

I just watched the eight Fast and Furious movies for the first time over the course of two days, so my body is ready for more Vin Diesel mumblegrowl.

Here you go! (A month later.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOUVVDWdXbo

PS whatup fellow hervert

Shart Carbuncle fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Oct 21, 2019

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
So what’s up with these new Valiant series? They good?

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
No. Life and Times of Hirada was the last good valiant book. Everything else is decent at best, horrible at worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Doctor Mirage's latest mini just wrapped and was good.
Killers is okay. Ninjak lite, really.
Rai rules!
Psi-Lords was crap for me. A whole buncha nothing.
I trade-wait Bloodshot - any impressions so far?
Roku looks underwhelming.
I read a positive review of The Visitor but remain skeptical based on previews.