Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

DC made smart choices there, glad to see these guys like what they've built at Valiant though. Any word on what Van Lente is doing next? Dinesh said a while back he'd already handed in scripts for his next book but there's been no announcement yet.

Dinesh told us at the booth that Q&W is coming back this year, it might be that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!

Rhyno posted:

Dinesh told us at the booth that Q&W is coming back this year, it might be that.

My goodness. If Fred takes over Q&W, that would be awesome.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rusty Kettle posted:

It's what I want so much!

Did they officially announce the Faith ongoing anywhere? I kind of missed the panel news.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

This would be great, but man I'd really love Ausmus back on it because he kills it with those characters.

Rhyno posted:

Did they officially announce the Faith ongoing anywhere? I kind of missed the panel news.

Nope, not that I saw. But it's not surprising. I did see that they're finally get her and Archer together in A&A though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Nope, not that I saw. But it's not surprising. I did see that they're finally get her and Archer together in A&A though.

Oh well Dinesh told me the Faith ongoing is a done deal.

I wonder how long until that shows up ob Bleeding Cool.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Rusty Kettle posted:

Dear god yes.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
X-O Manowar is ending at 50 :(

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Here is an article about it http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/wc-exclusive-x-o-manowar-concludes-with-50-but-venditti-is-excited-for-final-arc

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.
I suspect it will be similar to what they did with A&A and (I pray) Harbinger: put the series on hiatus for a while and then bring it back with a second volume.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
To be honest, I don't see why that should surprise anyone. 56 issues for a single author is a huge run in comics, and now that he is doing the Wrath of the Eternal Warrior, it makes sense that now is a good stopping point.

My 2017 Venditti wish list is that he'll fix the turd that is shadowman, and make Jack Boniface cool.

Also, could XO be FvL's new series!? That would be more exciting than QaW, IMO.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rusty Kettle posted:

To be honest, I don't see why that should surprise anyone. 56 issues for a single author is a huge run in comics, and now that he is doing the Wrath of the Eternal Warrior, it makes sense that now is a good stopping point.

My 2017 Venditti wish list is that he'll fix the turd that is shadowman, and make Jack Boniface cool.

Also, could XO be FvL's new series!? That would be more exciting than QaW, IMO.

They have made Shadowman a villain

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Adam said they are indeed relaunching with a new #1. Probably just called "XO."

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Shitshow posted:

I suspect it will be similar to what they did with A&A and (I pray) Harbinger: put the series on hiatus for a while and then bring it back with a second volume.

Harbringer didn't get a second volume. :(

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!

bobkatt013 posted:

They have made Shadowman a villain

I would love to see a Venditti series where Shadowman goes from emo villain to badass hero.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Harbringer didn't get a second volume. :(

I pray it will after Imperium.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I'm pretty bummed about XO. It's the comic that got me into Valiant and I don't want it to stop at 50.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Happy Hedonist posted:

I'm pretty bummed about XO. It's the comic that got me into Valiant and I don't want it to stop at 50.

I was told to my face by the CEO and head of their marketing that the book is relaunching later in the year.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I had time to sit down and read the first trade of Bloodshot Reborn. I finished it, and immediately bought the next issue on Comixology, and then the next... I hope Bloodsquirt comes back!

Got Ninjak to read next! The art looks killer, so I'm pretty excited if the story stuff is even half as good as Bloodshot Reborn.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Norns posted:

I had time to sit down and read the first trade of Bloodshot Reborn. I finished it, and immediately bought the next issue on Comixology, and then the next... I hope Bloodsquirt comes back!

Got Ninjak to read next! The art looks killer, so I'm pretty excited if the story stuff is even half as good as Bloodshot Reborn.

:getin:

Those two are my favourite books right now.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Wrath of the Eternal Warrior is really good.

So is Ninjak - the writer managed to salvage Shadowman from the depths he sunk to in his own book and Valiant does the magic voodoo stuff really well (minus Punk Mambo who is just the worst character on the roster now).

I also wrapped up the final volume of Ivar, Timewalker, and :drat: that was some good stuff. I can totally get behind Neela and the dinosaur as timecops, though.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Read all of Bloodshot Reborn other than the annual. Holy crap I love where the book went issue ten gently caress it! 30 year jump! Also, it's Mad Max now! Brilliant!

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
The annual contains both one of the funniest things Ive read in comics and as well as the most heartbreaking. Pick it up ASAP. You won't regret it.

The jury is still out on A&A, but there isn't really a stinker out there at the moment. Imperium somehow ups the ante every drat week and Bloodshot has morphed into a crazy thrilling (and holy poo poo beautiful) book. Those two are most likely my top of their reoccurring books, followed closely by the badass Wrath and Ninjak. And of course XO is consistently good, but it is good in a way you know you are getting into.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Faith is awesome. Its one of the comics I look forward to the most monthly and I found this weeks episode to be the best one yet. Its just a fun comic.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

I was down like a clown for the first Bloodshot Reborn trade, and the second is just as strikingly beautiful with its visuals, but... wtf is with Magic? It's one thing for Aric, Space Barbarian to need to lay with a woman to feel big, but in Bloodshot her portion of the story feels like Lemire overcompensating for something. I'm twenty by the way, no jailbait here! Glad Kay's still around as a latent vision to guilt him about it.

Faith remains a ray of sunshine, y'all should have seen all the smiling fans of all ages who got copies signed by Marguerite Sauvage at C2E2.

Just a few more trades until I'm caught up with current Valiant (Imperium Vol. 2-onward, Ninjak 3-onward, Rai 3, Unity 4-onward, and Ivar 3).

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!

Space Fish posted:

I was down like a clown for the first Bloodshot Reborn trade, and the second is just as strikingly beautiful with its visuals, but... wtf is with Magic? It's one thing for Aric, Space Barbarian to need to lay with a woman to feel big, but in Bloodshot her portion of the story feels like Lemire overcompensating for something. I'm twenty by the way, no jailbait here! Glad Kay's still around as a latent vision to guilt him about it.

With the current arc of BS:R the Magic being young thing is there to emphasize the timelessness of Bloodshot. He meets her when she is young, and we see her again 30 years later. I like it because it emphasizes the human aspect of Bloodshot. He loses the nanites, becomes human, falls in love, then becomes superhuman again to the point where he outlives his loved ones. I like the tragedy associated with Magic.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Maybe this'd be more appropriate in the trades & hardcovers thread, but here makes the most sense to me:

Yup! Picking up Valiant's event hardcovers as I traverse their universe. The Valiant holds up waaay better to me now compared to my first time.

I got to meet Robert Venditti recently and articulate how it felt being frustrated at how "slow" his run of X-O was then developing an appreciation for what was being built in the long-term. He was very nice and expressed gratitude to be able to write one series for 50 issues.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Divinity 2 starts this week, and I am loving PUMPED!
Anyone else?

(Valiant reading status: nearly caught up on everything in trades except for Unity, just in time for Summer of 4001)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Space Fish posted:

Divinity 2 starts this week, and I am loving PUMPED!
Anyone else?

(Valiant reading status: nearly caught up on everything in trades except for Unity, just in time for Summer of 4001)

This week is X-0, Divinity, and Bloodshot. This is a great week for comics.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
Divinity 2 was great ('Now I am the state of Russia') but the last panel is extremely weird, to me. It features actual Vladimir Putin welcoming Myshka as the divine saviour of Communist Russia. Very jarring.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Divinity II is off to a good start. It feels so good to get my money's worth from a floppy. For $4 (a little less with my LCS discount), I get Divinity II's solid cover material, great paper quality, making-of pages with creator commentary at the end, and NO ADS (okay, a couple of pages at the very end promoting Valiant, no harm or distraction done there).
The only way Valiant could sweeten the deal would be to include a sweet letters page or digital download codes, but I'm already satisfied with a great story and art contained in a quality format.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah one of the reasons I like Ninjak is i'm pretty sure it's always oversized by like 4 pages each time to fit in the backup. :allears:

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I felt like this week's Bloodshot Reborn was especially gorgeous.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
When I went to Emerald City Comic Con a few weeks back the Valiant booth was selling all No. 1 trades for 5 bucks a pop so I picked up The Valiant, X-) Manowar, Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak (I still can't get over that name) and Harbinger. I read Valiant first and it felt like a fairly quick read but was told to read that before Bloodshot Reborn. I read Bloodshot Reborn and I think I love the title (though again I can't get over the main character's name). I immediately ordered volume 2 after reading it. X-O had a nice hook but didn't really grab me like Bloodshot Reborn though, so I will put following that title on the backburner for now. Currently going through Harbinger and all I can think of is X-Men.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Madkal posted:

When I went to Emerald City Comic Con a few weeks back the Valiant booth was selling all No. 1 trades for 5 bucks a pop so I picked up The Valiant, X-) Manowar, Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak (I still can't get over that name) and Harbinger. I read Valiant first and it felt like a fairly quick read but was told to read that before Bloodshot Reborn. I read Bloodshot Reborn and I think I love the title (though again I can't get over the main character's name). I immediately ordered volume 2 after reading it. X-O had a nice hook but didn't really grab me like Bloodshot Reborn though, so I will put following that title on the backburner for now. Currently going through Harbinger and all I can think of is X-Men.

X-0 really builds off what comes before it. It has a pretty great character arc.
Also is it true Imperium is ending at 16?

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Also is it true Imperium is ending at 16?

Yes, Dinesh said more information is forthcoming, so I doubt Events are going to be wrapped up in a tidy bow. I'm hoping they continue the storyline in either another volume of Harbinger or even a Generation Zero series.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Good I am not feeling Imperium and miss Harbringer.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

Good I am not feeling Imperium and miss Harbringer.

what would be the team? Faith, livewire, and torque?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

I'm sure they can dredge up some new renegades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

bobkatt013 posted:

What happened to Peter.