Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I just finished Harbinger 25, and I'm definitely feeling a little unfulfilled. Pete and Harada had their little showdown (which left Peter disfigured and Harada ok?) and they blew up a bunch of sensitive Harbinger info...and then Peter gives up and Harada says gently caress it and openly tells the world that he's superhuman and he's taking over. Where is the rest of the story? Do I just go straight to Imperium?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Okay, NOW do I go to Imperium?

I'm not trying to be a smartass, haha. I am referencing the Valiant reading order on Reddit, which just lists virtually everything in chronological order, and I really want the story of Harada and his opponents. Should I read The Valiant and Divinity first, or Unity, or any of the X-O Manowar stuff? I've read Manowar up through Armor Hunters, and it struck me as odd that I haven't seen him weigh in on the end of the Harbinger books -- everything seems so logically tied together when Aric invaded Earth, or the Armor Hunters showed up, and yet I didn't feel like I was missing anything just sticking to the Harbinger books.

I also am not sure how to feel about the Bloodshot crossover where the whole thing was literally just a big misunderstanding, and a whole lot of poo poo could have been avoided if the Weirdo Twins had managed to tell eachother no, I'm cool, everything's fine, the guys I'm with are super nice to me despite my giant unibrow. Like, even if they couldn't get a lot of detail through, feelings of "safe with friends" should have been really obvious.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Just finished up Imperium Vol 4 and...uh? There's no conclusion! The Unity team failed to stop the ships with the tech from getting through, the Harada Foundation held the space elevator site (why was this a priority, by the way? Its not gonna solve their resource issue) and everyone just kinda walked away unscathed. Is there a finale somewhere? I don't see anything that looks related on the reddit reading order list.

Also, did I miss anything? I just read Imperium Vol 1-4, and I'm seeing that there are apparently a ton of books that come between 3 and 4. It seemed like a big chunk of the Foundation's decline just sorta happened between those two books, even though Harada pretty much triumphed over every challenge in the first three volumes. The Harada story is the one I've been most interested in -- is there any more with him or the Renegades? I was sorta miffed that there wasn't any response from Peter Stanchek through the whole thing.