Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

zoux posted:

Dinosaur Roman Empire is the reason humanity invented comic books as a medium.

This is my favorite ongoing right now. Issue for issue, I think it's the best Valiant series since their relaunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.
The Bloodshot storyline "The Analog Man", which begins in January, is getting a Director's Cut that is only the pencils and lettering. Great decision on Valiant's part.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

Am I missing some vital thing in here? Not just other good series (I gotta stop spending somewhere), but anything that's crucial to understanding?
Do I need Unity for Imperium or anything like that?

Ivar, Timewalker was probably my favorite series in 2015. At half price it's a no-brainer.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Is anyone else looking forward to the Faith book? I really like the character and I hope the book is good.

Absolutely. Also looking forward to giving Bloodshot a second chance on Wednesday with the beginning of the Analog Man story line.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

Kay lives on (in a sense) in Deadshot Returns.

Was she the one who became Geomancer in the Archer and Armstrong run?

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

A few months ago Valiant filed some trademarks around "Generation Zero", so hopefully we'll get to see more of Animalia and the rest in the not-too-distant future.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

Can someone refresh my memory of Torque and Faith's death in Fall of Harbinger? I don't remember their deaths bring that explicit...

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

I suspect it will be similar to what they did with A&A and (I pray) Harbinger: put the series on hiatus for a while and then bring it back with a second volume.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Harbringer didn't get a second volume. :(

I pray it will after Imperium.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Also is it true Imperium is ending at 16?

Yes, Dinesh said more information is forthcoming, so I doubt Events are going to be wrapped up in a tidy bow. I'm hoping they continue the storyline in either another volume of Harbinger or even a Generation Zero series.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Yes. Lots of things build off each other.

While I generally have been enjoying Imperium, a problem I have with the series is that it lacks any meaningful connection to the Valiant universe at large. Harada has literally taken over Somalia and is re-writing contemporary geopolitics, and nobody else from the Valiant universe seems to have noticed.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

It looks like that Generation Zero comic is a go: https://twitter.com/dinesh_s/status/725189230390038528

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

Live streaming. A second volume of Harbinger and a first of Generation Zero, please. :pray:

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

X-O posted:

Well they said they're announcing seven new titles, so I'd guess so.

EDIT: Van Lente! He's my favorite!

He's doing Generation Zero!

YES!

edit and quote: "Van Lente worked with Josh Dysart in developing the series, the other writer of course was primary on the Harbinger Wars story. There’s a mother, with a fetus that’s a psiot, a “superfetus who is running her mother. That’s the exciting new member of Generation Zero,” Van Lente said with a laugh."

Shitshow fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 17, 2016

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

Madkal posted:

I am nearly done volume 2 of the Harbinger trade and I see that Harbinger War and Harbinger volume three: Harbinger War are the next trades and I am wondering if I need both, or if I get one without the other I will be lost, or if they must be read concurrently (ie issue 1 followed by issue 1 followed by issue 2 followed by issue 2 etc). I generally find crossovers to be underwhelming because of the glut involved, but is Harbinger War worth it?

Yeah, Harbinger War is worth it. I believe there was a Bloodshot tie-in, as well (?), but I don't remember enjoying it very much.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

So that's livewire in harbingers?

I read it as Chris's partner? I know she's being introduced in the series and I just assumed it was her, as there's been no mention of Livewire in any promo materials or interviews.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I've always been pretty impressed by what they come up with in the Super Power Beat Up videos so I am excited to see them do something licensed and well financed. That looks great and I'm anxious to see how it turns out- hopefully the first part of a larger expansion in media of new Valiant.

They already have a multi-picture movie deal with Sony, to include the confirmed Bloodshot and Harbinger.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

Really jazzed about this direction for X-O.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

Valiant Humble Bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/books/valiant-comics-book-bundle

GO GO GO

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

X-O posted:

Van Lente Immortal Brothers

Wait, what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

X-O posted:

Valiant are doing one shots for the their anniversary and Van Lente is doing one about the Anni-Padda brothers.

I love it when Van Lente writes them. Too bad it's not an ongoing.