Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Jordan7hm posted:

I’m in on stuff Kindt writes and stuff Heisserer writes but otherwise Valiant is leaving me really cold lately.

How has Kibblesmith+Kano on Quantum+Woody worked out for you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Between Kindt and Lemire, my understanding was that one helped recruit the other as they were both burning out on Big Two capes and Valiant showed them "we can write good, different superhero stories? Hooray!"

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Imperium OSHC futures are skyrocketing

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Anyone else here quietly enjoy Harbinger Wars 2 while everyone else threw a fit over the latest DC/Marvel misfires?

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

YEEEESSSSSSSSS

Now reprint the deluxe Divinity trilogy hardcover!

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Faith: Dreamside is really marrying the best parts of Faith and Doctor Mirage's series with a dash of Animalia (who always livens up a comic). Not sure how I feel about Hwen wanting Shan to move on and start a family with someone else, though.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Barnes & Noble has the Divinity Trilogy deluxe hardcover (9% off plus another 20% off with code WISHLIST)

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

How far did you get? I read the first trade of the new series, which didn't do a whole lot that was interesting, but I also read the next issue that had Shadowman quantum leap into his grandpa's body/age or something. That chapter held a ton of promise.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Pretty sure he also gets kicked in the junk by a child, the one true weakness of genetically engineered assassins.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Livewire's no slouch, either: https://twitter.com/HassanOE/status/1088872710212603904?s=19

Good to know there's a superhero publisher with its act together while the Big Two are busy tripping over their dicks.
(Not sure why Valiant keeps promoting/restructuring, but it seems to be working)

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Valiant's 2019 slate has been solid so far. However, I trade-wait Bloodshot. Has anyone been keeping up with it? Still good?

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Anyone else hyped for the reveal in Fallen World #2 (WAR MOTHER) or is Valiant publishing it just for me?

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

High hopes for Doctor Mirage over here. Livewire and Killers are alright. Gotta admit there aren't any must-haves at the moment... I want to know what creative process led to Psi-Lords because so far it is too drat plain for what should be a shot in the arm for Valiant's universe.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Doctor Mirage's latest mini just wrapped and was good.
Killers is okay. Ninjak lite, really.
Rai rules!
Psi-Lords was crap for me. A whole buncha nothing.
I trade-wait Bloodshot - any impressions so far?
Roku looks underwhelming.
I read a positive review of The Visitor but remain skeptical based on previews.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

The Britannia hardcover collects all three arcs currently out.

Sounds like there might be different takes on the ending...

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Both. You'll see a tie to Valiant in volume one, though the series otherwise operates as its own thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Oh snap, the Livewire HC is out, thanks for the reminder!