Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

X-O posted:

Holy poo poo. That looks way better than I was expecting from a Youtube series.

I saw Bloodshot, Livewire, Roku, Archer, Armstrong, Eternal Warrior, and X-O Manowar in there. Did not expect most of those to be showing up.

Here it is embedded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQcLClgLfkg

It looks incredibly cheesy and some stuff looks dreadful (Armstrong), but yeah I guess the expectations are low for a youtube show. I'm still super curious to see what they do with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Rai was pretty meh if you have followed Valiant at all.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I read through Valiant High just now. So great. I want it in a print format.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Andy Diggle. Yuck.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

The only terrible thing he did was Daredevil.

It was so terrible it soured me on everything with his name on it.

I may need to revisit his other work if you’re saying that though.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Why would somebody who doesn’t know what he Valiant universe is know who ninjak is or buy a book about him killing the world? That’s not actually a good point.

I don’t know who Tegan O’Neil is but another article they have on TCJ has an excellent line: “I don’t know how to write about comic books anymore”. I feel like that’s all you need to know.

e: Has “Wikipedia says that” become the new “Webster’s dictionary defines” for bad writers?

e2: I see what you’re saying actually but I think it would totally defeats the purpose of putting the company’s line front and center.

Jordan7hm fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jan 14, 2018

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I haven’t read all of it, but I read a ton of it and the floor on Valiant books is very high. Pick a character you like the look of and you’ll probably enjoy the book. Except for Shadowman, maybe. I thought the first arc or two was fine, I know others disagree with that.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I’m in on stuff Kindt writes and stuff Heisserer writes but otherwise Valiant is leaving me really cold lately.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Space Fish posted:

How has Kibblesmith+Kano on Quantum+Woody worked out for you?

I’m still buying it, behind on reading it. It was ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

bobkatt013 posted:

You should read secret weapons

It’s good.