Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

X-O posted:

The God of Valiant, Matt Kindt, is writing an event series that brings Shadowman back into prominence. Looks like it will play heavily into the great arc of Ninjak where he traveled to the Deadside. I see Tama is also on the cover which is awesome because Tama is great.

Hell yeah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

I'm just popping in here to say X-O #1 is gorgeous and I'm glad it sold well. I can't wait to hear about what else Valiant has been up to. :stoked:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Over-Sized HardCover.

edit: THESE

I'm super jealous of that Rai HC. It's so expensive now! :arghfist::(

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

The Shadowman/Rae Sremmurd comic is probably the best single issue of Shadowman in years. Messed up if you think about it.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

https://twitter.com/PREVIEWSworld/status/941533362753294341

:woop:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Few actors have a terrifying stare like Diesel. And he does quite rage better than so many others, he's the ideal Bloodshot in my opinion.

I think Michael Shannon could pull off a great Bloodshot as well.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Be on the lookout for Rob Liefeld Kills the Valiant Universe, coming out 2019!

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the Faith. :(

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > Valiant Comics: I guess Ninjak really did kill the Valiant Universe

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

On a slightly different note, does anyone know what's up with Ninjak vs. the Valiant Universe (the web series, not the comic)? I feel like it's been so long since we've last heard anything about it, and now the comic book of the same name is coming out and yet we still don't have concrete info.

They wouldn't have cancelled it, right? :ohdear:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Gavok posted:

This is some game of telephone business, so take this with a grain of salt.

My fiancée works with a guy who is buddies with someone who works in Valiant's digital department (something something Kevin Bacon). Apparently, Sony took huge exception to the series because they have the media rights to Bloodshot. Valiant figured that they had the online rights to him and could therefore put him in a YouTube series, but Sony's lawyers have insisted that that's not the case.

I should note that Jason David Frank and the woman who plays Livewire were both not allowed to take part in the Ninjak vs. the Valiant Universe panel at NYCC.

Oofff, that's a bummer if true. Even though the series didn't look like a big-budget affair, not being allowed to release it must still be a huge hit to all companies involved.

Sony better release one heck of a good Bloodshot movie to make up for this. :mad:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

"That round mound of pound" refers to the circle on Bloodshot's chest.

e: If this really does mean Ninjak vs. The Valiant Universe is nixed forever, I hope rough cuts of the series end up leaking or something. It looked kind of low-rent and cheesy, but I was really looking forward to it.

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jan 31, 2018

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Well, at least Ninjak vs. the Valiant Universe finally came out!

:gbsmith:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

It looks like Valiant's new parent company, DMG, is in a bit of a pickle.

http://valiantfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=51593

The value of its stock has been dropping at an absurd rate–even considering the current state of the Chinese stock market–to the point where it's now considered the seventh most troubled company in China. They've also been trying to get a loan or strike a production deal with other companies to no avail.

Here we go again, folks. :smithicide:

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jul 17, 2018

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

X-O posted:

I don't know if this is considered insider trading or not but a source tells me that the stocks will take a turn for the better if they put the Rai Deluxe Hardcover back into print.

:agreed:

Shadowman book 1 too, please.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

For those of you not following X-O Manowar, this month's issue is worth getting for the artwork alone. Holy moley. :swoon:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

And a new X-O Manowar series by Dennis Hopeless and Emilio Laiso.

https://www.comicsbeat.com/valiant-new-x-o-manowar-creative-team/

Dennis Hopeless is a great pick for X-O. I loved his work on Nova and World Reader. I'm lukewarm on Emilio Laiso. His past work is pretty good, but he's definitely a step down from the absolute dream team of Tomás Giorello and Diego Rodriguez.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

X-O posted:

Nova and World Reader was Jeff Loveness . I like Hopeless a lot though. He just finished up a little Cloak and Dagger digital exclusive series that was real good and his runs on Spider-Woman, All New X-Men, and Jean Grey were real good too..

Oops! Still a good pick, though. I liked his work on Cable & X-Force.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

The Shadowman Classics omnibus is coming out soon. I've read both of the revival series and the Acclaim series in which Shadowman looks like Vin Diesel, but I've never read the originals. Are they good? I'm quite fond of the character, so I'm definitely going to pick up the omni if it's worth reading.