Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Thanks to a comic they just released, I found out they were making a movie.

I went cool.

So, I went to look it up.

Found the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQcLClgLfkg

Oh.

Oh no...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
http://www.tcj.com/infinite-content/#.WlksnRwLmBN.reddit

I saw this on the Valiant Reddit. I don't agree with the article, but thought I'd share it since I read it...for some reason. It's basically almost 5 pages on why Valiant is bad before getting to two paragraphs of a comic book review. It's kind of baffiling too, really. I honestly feel this person doesn't read Valiant comics judging by their constant admissions that they don't care about it and their references to series as if they have no familiarity with them. Which then gets odd when you consider they then talk like an expert on it all and knows its bland and tasteless based solely on reading a promotional comic and knowing the companies' external history.

It feels like a hipster trying to say how they're oh so superior for...not reading the work from the indie superhero company?

Edit: One thing I will say is, out of their entire rant, they did make one good point: calling it Ninjak vs the Valiant Universe was a bad name as most people won't know what that is and a name like Ninjak vs the World would be better (yes, I know it's a reference to Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe).

Covok fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jan 14, 2018

Covok
May 27, 2013

Lightning Lord posted:

I see we're unfamiliar with the Comics Journal.

How so?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Rhyno posted:

LoL, Valiant's social media director has asked me if I want to be "Woody" at a few regional cons this summer.

Are you skinny with blonde hair? Or did you do really good Woody cosplay? I'm confused.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Look at my post on the previous page.

That was you? Somehow I never made the connection.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Should I panic? Because, I really like this universe and I'm worried about it.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Well poo poo.

Prior to being "elevated to consultant status" fired Dinesh was working on finally purchasing the Gold Key heroes. Not a license, but actually putting them under Valiants ownership. Every attempt to revitalize them outside of Valiant has been a flop and he had made some serious progress in convincing the owners that it would be in their best interests to sell them to the company who's name made people care about them again.

But with Dinesh gone it sounds like the new owners don't even care at all. All talks appear to have ceased and my guy at Valiant is pretty bummed about it as they had major plans to introduce the three into the New Valiant in 2020. They were also working on securing reprint permissions so they could do those huge hardcovers of those three classic Valiant runs but that's also been dropped.

I've been eagerly awaiting news on this since Dinesh hinted at it at C2E2 in 2016 and again said it was high on his priority list last year. Valiant today is my favorite publisher but man, the idea of bringing those guys into the modern line was so exciting, I'm just bummed as all hell that it probably won't happen.

The more and more I hear about this, the more I feel Valiant is going into a dumpster fired for the EXACT same bullshit that killed it originally.

More proof corporations ruin everything.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Anyone else a little disappointed in the most recent issue of Quantum and Woody? On one hand, I do like the premise and I do like them doing what they did, but they didn't feel like themselves. Like there should have been a bit more of hesitance and having to convince themselves to do it because they're not selfless Heroes, the flawed people who do the right thing because deep down they are good...ish. It just felt kind of generic even if I really do like some parts of it.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Anyone feel like Quantum and Woody is declining in quality? Something just feels...off.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Worst case scenario they just get sold to another company. So they should just be fine. I think. Like they're a pretty autonomous division so they can just split off.

Covok
May 27, 2013

algebra testes posted:

Im in the position to get back into comics again.

Whats good and what should I jump into again?

This is actually the thread for Valiant comics. So, this is for a particular comic book company. So all the recommendations are going to be from this one Indie company.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3611169

The thread I linked above is where you can ask about the entire industry.

That said, I suggest Quantum and Woody, Archer and Armstrong, Faith, and X-O Manowar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Space Fish posted:

Anyone else here quietly enjoy Harbinger Wars 2 while everyone else threw a fit over the latest DC/Marvel misfires?

Meh, I was just more indifferent and *shoulder shrug* on Harbinger Wars 2. It felt too much like a Big 2 event, specifically Civil War. It really, really, felt like it wanted to be Civil War. Unlike the original Harbinger Wars which actually felt like a natural progression of the individual stories, this felt a little forced.

I didn't hate it, though. Just didn't really care one way or the other.