Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I just read the first volume of X-O Manowar through Comixology Unlimited, and I have to say I'm really looking forward to reading more from this universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Is it normal to imagine Ron Perlman's voice for every character while reading these comics?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm gonna read this with almost nothing but the first two volumes of X-O Manowar as background knowledge.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Well, I have to say that I really liked X-O Manowar despite not knowing the character too well.

Are there any other upcoming Valiant comics that would be a good jumping on point? Immortal Warriors looks interesting, even though it's just a one-shot, and I think Eternal Warrior looks like something to check out at least. Should I not be afraid to read the the new limited series? It feels like I'd probably just be lost trying to read Britannia, for instance.

Edit - Like, would continuity and references just be confusing to me, or would I probably still have fun reading most of this stuff?

Roth fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Mar 23, 2017

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Jordan7hm posted:

Rai was pretty meh if you have followed Valiant at all.

I'm just getting into Valiant so I found it a bit helpful.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I desperately need this

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I remember the current X-O Manowar has been selling pretty well for a Valiant title

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Yeah, a lot of titles that aren't stuff that's guaranteed to sell doesn't get ordered outside of people who have it on their pull.

At the very least, if you ask to have it added to your pull list, then they should order new issues just for you.

But, Valiant's stuff is definitely great. I only just got into their stuff this year, but I love X-O Manowar, Secret Weapons, Faith and the Future Force, that War Mother issue was great, and I'm really looking forward to the new Ninjak and Bloodshot series this fall. Eternity looks straight up amazing.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

So Lemire's Bloodshot is The Valiant -> Reborn -> U.S.A., right?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

zoux posted:

Yeah, but the Valiant is a line-wide crossover in case you didn't know.

Yeah, I read it along with a bunch of other trades I bought (Divinity 1 -3, Ninjak Vol 1, Faith Vol 1, and Bloodshot Reborn Vol 1).

It was pretty fun. Reminds me when I was reading Sinestro Corps War and didn't know most of those characters at all

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

This is beautiful

http://www.cbr.com/valiant-quantim-...campaign=buffer

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I decided to re-sub to Comixology Unlimited since it seems like they've really expanded what they have available.

What among Classic Valiant is a must read? I plan to read X-O Manowar and Quantum & Woody already.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Was it just me, or did the final issue of Faith and the Future Force have some unusually spotty art?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I love Valiant

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I think Quantum & Woody might very well end up being my favorite Valiant series if they keep up the quality of the first two issues.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

What are some runs of the classic Valiant era that are worth checking out? I'm really interested in Quantum & Woody and X-O Manowar because it's all on Comixology Unlimited, but is, say, old Ninjak worth checking out?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://twitter.com/ValiantComics/status/969805614422601728

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Another Britannia mini-series starts in July.

quote:

Written by PETER MILLIGAN
Art by ROBERT GILL
Cover A by CARY NORD
Cover B by BRIAN THIES
Variant Cover by DAVID MACK
B&W Sketch Variant by CARY NORD
AN ALL-NEW EPIC BEGINS! Valiant's sold-out descent into the horrors of the ancient world returns with A BLOODSTAINED JUMPING-ON POINT from legendary comics master Peter Milligan (Detective Comics) and Harvey Award-nominated artist Robert Gill (BOOK OF DEATH) as Antonius Axia, history's first detective, launches into an otherworldly mystery of monsters, magic, and conspiracy at the boundaries of human understanding...
The Roman standard – the eagle borne at the front of each Roman legion – was more than just a symbol of the soldiers that carried it... It was a symbol of Rome itself, the ultimate embodiment of the empire's power…
But now, in the mist-shrouded Germanic forest of Tottenwald, the unthinkable has happened: A rampaging barbarian horde has crushed three of Rome's most highly skilled detachments in battle… and captured their mighty Roman eagles.
His authority threatened by this all-too-public shame, the mad emperor Nero has dispatched Antonius Axia, the empire's finest "detectioner" and hero of Britannia, and Achillia, the sword-wielding champion of the gladiatorial arena, to reclaim his stolen relics at any cost.
But what began as a simple mission will soon become a terrifying journey into the dark heart of belief itself as the isolated woodlands of Rome's enemies reveal unseen dimensions...and the true power of the legion's lost eagles threatens to consume any who would pursue them…
$3.99 | 32 pgs. | VALIANT PRESTIGE | T+ | On Sale JULY 25th

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Quantum and Woody is my fav Valiant book right now

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://twitter.com/MagsVisaggs/status/1126495419255656448

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm sure they'll pull out with the Bloodshot book drawn by Brett Booth