Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

graybook posted:

I want the secret character to be Beta-Max, but they said "new character", so I'm now disappointed.

I think from the interview it's safe to say the character is someone we saw a glimpse of in Book of Death in the flash forward sections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

LordPants posted:

That girl from Ninjak with the hair!

:pray:

Roku, who is great and I'd love to see a book about her. I thought someone said it was a new character though.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It's not nearly the trash that is his Winter Soldier. It's actually fine, just incredibly inconsequential. Nothing in it really matters.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

There's no Valiant books this week and that's a tragedy, but you can read a cool interview with the people in charge over at CBR: http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/valiant-execs-are-on-their-own-path-wont-follow-marvel-dc

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Asmus has said he has more planned but he was on Unity until recently and is now working on All New Inhumans for Marvel which is a great book.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

bobkatt013 posted:

Is Shadowman any good? The last storyline in Ninjak made me interested in the character, but is he almost a completely different character now? It seems that they have completely made him into a villain at this point. How is the Punk Mambo series?

I think the first few by Justin Jordan are good, but the stuff after isn't very good. Punk Mambo sucks also it's only a one shot. But I kind of hate that character anyway.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

2016 is going to be a hell of a year for Valiant.

https://twitter.com/ValiantComics/status/707956665602195458

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Very much.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Deathmate is a new character from Lemire in the Bloodshot Island storyline. Here's our first look at her in action.

That gorgeous art!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

LordPants posted:

Can you get the essentials just from reading X-O Vol. 3?

You mean skip reading Armor Hunters? I would not recommend that, it's one of the best comic crossovers I've ever read.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

If the Book of Death Deluxe doesn't contain the Geomancer issues I'm going to cut someone. I'm not paying for floppies.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I hold you personally responsible since you gave me false hope in the last thread.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

It sounds like those issues are getting their own super limited HC. If I can get one you get first dibs.

If you're wrong this time you will pay.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Bleedingcool, I know I know, is saying that Valiant has signed up or extended 15 artists for exclusives ahead of C2E2. That list is: Doug Braithwaite, David Lafuente, Trevor Hairsine, Mico Suayan, Raul Allen, Brian Reber, Diego Bernard, David Baron, CAFU, Khari Evans, Robert Gill, Clayton Henry, Lewis LaRosa, Pere Perez, Juan Jose Ryp. Which is pretty much all of Valiant's main artists outside of Clay Mann, signed with DC, who I will miss on Ninjak.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah, that mini wasn't even released on Comixology, which is pretty much all I use for comics these days.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

DC made smart choices there, glad to see these guys like what they've built at Valiant though. Any word on what Van Lente is doing next? Dinesh said a while back he'd already handed in scripts for his next book but there's been no announcement yet.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Dinesh told us at the booth that Q&W is coming back this year, it might be that.

This would be great, but man I'd really love Ausmus back on it because he kills it with those characters.

Rhyno posted:

Did they officially announce the Faith ongoing anywhere? I kind of missed the panel news.

Nope, not that I saw. But it's not surprising. I did see that they're finally get her and Archer together in A&A though.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hmm, lots of teases it seems.

EDIT: Man, Bleeding Cool has a bunch of these.

X-O fucked around with this message at 08:18 on May 4, 2016

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yesssssssss! Van Lente is back!

This series sounds awesome: http://io9.gizmodo.com/meet-valiant-comics-mysterious-new-hero-and-her-sentien-1774941580

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well they said they're announcing seven new titles, so I'd guess so.

EDIT: Van Lente! He's my favorite!

He's doing Generation Zero!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Welp stream died.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Britannia is a period book about a Roman Centurion by Peter Milligan. It sounds awesome, but Peter Milligan is not really an inspiring choice. It's a four issue prestige format mini.

EDIT: Bloodshot USA self contained event in October by Lemire. It's a team of Bloodshots from Bloodshot Island going to New York to save them from a nanite infection that has been released. Sounds amazing.

Next up is Savage, by B. Clay Moore about a 16 year old dinosaur hunter who is not Turok. Lewis Larosa from the recent Analog Man arc on Bloodshot is the artist. So needless to say the art looks amazing.

X-O fucked around with this message at 19:42 on May 17, 2016

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Next is Harbinger Renegades by Rafer Roberts, who has been killing it on A&A!

Madkal posted:

I am nearly done volume 2 of the Harbinger trade and I see that Harbinger War and Harbinger volume three: Harbinger War are the next trades and I am wondering if I need both, or if I get one without the other I will be lost, or if they must be read concurrently (ie issue 1 followed by issue 1 followed by issue 2 followed by issue 2 etc). I generally find crossovers to be underwhelming because of the glut involved, but is Harbinger War worth it?

Harbinger War is fantastic and needs to be read. There's no such thing as glut in Valiant crossovers.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Divinity III: Stalinverse by Matt Kindt in December. I cannot wait. Divinity and Divinity II have been among my favorite stuff in Valiant.

The entire planet is re-made and features Communist versions of all the Valiant characters.

X-O fucked around with this message at 20:12 on May 17, 2016

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Here are all seven of the announced titles

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Space Fish posted:

Variant Comics has a video up of footage from the Summit plus interviews.

It's so fun watching Dinesh pitch books, whether live or on camera. You can tell he cares about the quality of the books from listening to the pace of his speech speed up as he describes a premise or how he covers all the different angles of a title in one long run-on sentence. If there's a cynical bone in his body, he mustn't let on until he's at home or something.

There's a picture of Dinesh when he was like 10 years old with a Valiant birthday cake. He's nothing if not genuine in his absolute love of the properties he's working on. And when you read about the process and how long it took him to actually get the company and the rights to the properties you'll understand that only someone that absolutely loves these characters would have bothered. It would make a hell of a documentary film just how he got the company.

EDIT: Check out this article, it even has the picture of Dinesh I was referring to above

http://www.laweekly.com/arts/valian...company-2371115

X-O fucked around with this message at 01:44 on May 20, 2016

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Is Doug Braithwaite drawing it? That's some of the weakass poo poo he pulls and I hate it. If there's a single weak link in Valiant right now it's him. He's one of the worst artists currently working in the industry.

No, his Valiant stuff usually looks really good.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well agree to disagree. I like the art of his I've seen in the Valiant books. The only regular Valiant artist I kind of dislike is Khari Evans, the artist on the aforementioned Imperium.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Really looking forward to Venditt's finale, Crisis of Infinite X-Os.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yes it is. Here's all 50 individual ones. I'll just link them instead of embedding them because that would be insane.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/05/25/neal-adams-paolo-rivera-phil-jimenez-rebekah-isaacs-4-of-the-50-artists-for-x-o-manowar-50-cover/

Trying to figure out if I want to use one to update the ol' avatar. There's a lot of good choices there.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That's from the Valiant 8-Bit Adventure digital comic where Unity uses an old video game program to train in order to take down X-O Manowar. It's pretty amazing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Probably not a good jumping on point for the Valiant Universe as a whole, because it doesn't really have much to do with most of the Valiant books outside of Rai. But as a self contained event to a newcomer I guess it would be fine. But again it doesn't tie into most of the Valiant books because they're set in current day.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

4001 AD Shadowman is the first Shadowman book (outside of the Ninjak arc) that I've really loved. I think this should just be the Shadowman going forward. I'm gonna be sad when 4001 AD ends and this version goes away.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Because the Harvey Awards mean nothing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Holy poo poo the art on 4001 AD War Mother is gorgeous. I've never heard of Tomas Giorello before but this art with Fred Van Lente writing is a must buy.

More here
http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/4001-ad-war-mother-1-valiant-entertainment-2016

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oh man, I hope that's not a red herring at the end of Bloodshot Reborn.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Diamond shorted me all our copies.

Well, if you didn't get to read it and want to know It seems as if Deathmate is actually Kay McHenry, the former Geomancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oh man, War Mother was fantastic. I've missed you Van Lente. I'm hoping to see much more of this character.