Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I use Comic Zeal for CBR/CBZ and GoodReader for PDF. I didn't get that bundle, but I hope there's not a lot of PDF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Confirmed: Valiant is publishing Assassin's Creed comics.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Space Fish posted:

Archer & Armstrong sale on Comixology, includes The Delinquents, Dead Drop, and the Armstrong chapters of Ivar, Timewalker. Comprised of 99-cent issues and $3.99 trades.
(I know Dead Drop is generally reviled here, but I have no other means to read it and $4 isn't too steep)

Also, this is the most on-point merchandising I've seen from Valiant:

I need this to add to my comic-related beer bottle collection. Currently standing at...1. :(

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Harbinger Wars and Divinity are triggering me.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I don't really feel like Big 2 creators get kicked out so much as recognize that there's potential for way more money doing creator-owned work.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rusty Kettle posted:

Valiant is putting Marvel and DC to shame when it comes to Harvey nominations as well. And Dark Horse, Image, Boom and IDW... combined.

Over twice the nominations from last year. Some categories they have five out of six nominations. We know they tend to skew above average when paying their talent, so that combined with having really good books means lots of Harvey nominations.

Harvey nominations are meaningless.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The short version is that virtually anyone associated with a comic company is able to submit nominations, so the companies "encourage" their workers to nominate their books, and for sake of fairness there's little to no editing done by the Harvey committee after the fact, instead just picking whatever garnered the most nominations.

This is how NASCAR Heroes #5 ends up on the "Best Single Issue" list or Chip Zdarsky ends up winning the Special Award for Humor for Sex Criminals without Matt Fraction (where he was up against James Asmus, Fred Van Lente, and James Asmus & Fred Van Lente from Valiant, incidentally).

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

X-O posted:

Because the Harvey Awards mean nothing.
This, but as far as Image goes, they're strictly a publisher and the creators own the work. There's no incentive for, say, Matt Fraction to nominate, I dunno, Jonathan Hickman's East of West, and their in-house staff is fairly small.

Marvel and DC probably just don't really care enough because Harvey Awards mean nothing.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I hope Mortis shows up.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The biggest problem with Shadowman is that he's neither a robot nor a ninja.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The last episode of War Rocket Ajax had the writer on for an interview. I had no idea it was coming out, but after listening was hyped, so looking forward to reading it. They spent a bit of time talking about how he picked which characters for what and his response was "you kind of just have to be arbitrary at some point"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That's a good name for a bad (apparently) character.

I really need to catch up on Valiant.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Zoro posted:

I think Valiant's revival is having a second peak. According to Bleeding Cool's retailer report, some retailers reported Bloodshot Salvation and X-O Manowar outselling Amazing Spider-Man last week. They must be selling hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I mean, we sold six copies of the newest ASM and 6 copies if Bloodshot so it could happen.
I know. I'm just saying that if it happened at two stores out of however many Rich polls, they could say it was "some" and be both true and completely disingenuous. And we all know how BC's reporting goes.