Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

zoux posted:

My biggest gripe with Valiant is that they don't have the same overall quality of artist that you see at the Big Two or Image. They have a few standouts but a lot of the art is no better than serviceable. Also that's not how people's mouths are Khari Evans! But those pencils in that article look amazing. (I will note that the pencils I see in the back of Valiant issues as "digital exclusives" often look a lot better before the inker or colorist gets their hands on it)

I'm not crazy about the art a lot of the time, and I agree that it has a lot to do with the coloring and stuff.

I feel like the blandness has been more apparent over the last year, since they started having more stylish covers. It draws my attention to the difference. Like, Ivar in particular has those cool classic movie poster-style covers, and I want the interior art to have at least a little dash of that. (Imperium is another good example.)

Some bolder, less obvious color choices would go a long way for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Nystral posted:

For me Rai hits that sweet spot... it's AH-MAZE-ING.
It's so good. Rai was my favorite old Valiant book, and it's my favorite new Valiant book. But, like, it's not just nostalgia talking.

LordPants posted:

I think the best part about X-O is how it's been so good for so long.
It's impressive. X-O has the potential to be so dumb and terrible, but they've done a really good job with it. They found some cool angles on the concept to make it relatable and suspenseful.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Gavok posted:

That reminds me, are we supposed to get a Bloodshot trailer next week with NYCC? Movie comes out in four months.

I just watched the eight Fast and Furious movies for the first time over the course of two days, so my body is ready for more Vin Diesel mumblegrowl.

Here you go! (A month later.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOUVVDWdXbo

PS whatup fellow hervert

Shart Carbuncle fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Oct 21, 2019

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
So what’s up with these new Valiant series? They good?