Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I thought Khari Evans drew the early Harbinger stuff. He's the worst photoshop-filter-on-pictures offender I'm aware of. Also his faces suck.

I fact I did a post in the art thread about how much I hate Khari Evans work, if you can stand some mild out of context spoilers that probably wouldn't make sense to you for a while yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm not sure that Deodato uses actual poser models but yeah I definitely get that vibe from his new stuff. He used to own.

Anyway, art is a subjective thing ultimately, if you enjoy the art, I'm glad for you because it sucks to read a great book with art you don't like. There's plenty of artists I like that other people don't.

As far as really good artists (or that I enjoy anyway) that have done Valiant I'd say Cary Nord (XO), Paolo Rivera (The Valiant), Juan Jose Ryp (WotEW, Britannia) and Raul Allen (WotEW) have done some of my favorite work for the company. I generally like Crayton Crain but I didn't like his stuff in Rai for whatever reason. Most of the rest range from meh to fine but Evans is the only one who detracts from my enjoyment of the books.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Roth posted:

So Lemire's Bloodshot is The Valiant -> Reborn -> U.S.A., right?

Yeah, but the Valiant is a line-wide crossover in case you didn't know.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lol yeah I've noticed that a lot of Valiant characters have Marvel analogues, though I'd say Bloodshot is more "almost exactly Wolverine" rather than Deadpool.

Dead Drop is actually pretty bad, though the art is excellent.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Can't be worse than Justin Jordan