Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you’re going to play this, for the love of god play legends of ultima server with goons. The vanilla mode is absolute garbage dumpster fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Texibus
May 18, 2008
I just prefer to play where the people are, are there server counts?

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Texibus posted:

I just prefer to play where the people are, are there server counts?

Just logged into LoU for the first time in almost a year and it looks very active... we have a thread specifically for LoU here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3862227

I didn't notice a player count yet but looks like about 700~ people on their discord, brit bank had a ton of random people running around.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
So I take no goons are playing Legends of Aria?

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Mmmm, I keep going back and forth on whether to give this thing a go.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Some of us play on the Legends of Ultima shard. We're also reestablishing ourselves now the T2A patch there seems to have been (mostly) finished, so join us for free stuff, the inevitable goon expansion, Walmart style trading practices, goon protected mining licences and consequential pubbie rage.

Gwailar
Jun 21, 2021
I am a Stupid Newbie.

According to "the rules," I should lurk before I post.
Thus, I am lurking. I have lurked my way to this Post.
On my way here, I passed some other posts by Alexandre DeLarge that were sadly archived, leaving me unable to offer any significant advice on the topic of said posts.

According to "the rules," before I reply, I should ask myself the following question: "Does my reply offer any significant advice or help contribute to the conversation in any fashion?"
I am quite familiar with introspection of this sort, and so I can offer with confidence a full-throated, "YES!" my reply offer's significant advice!

My significant advice to you, Alexandre DeLarge, is this:
Shut up, Idiot.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Gwailar posted:

I am a Stupid Newbie.

According to "the rules," I should lurk before I post.
Thus, I am lurking. I have lurked my way to this Post.
On my way here, I passed some other posts by Alexandre DeLarge that were sadly archived, leaving me unable to offer any significant advice on the topic of said posts.

According to "the rules," before I reply, I should ask myself the following question: "Does my reply offer any significant advice or help contribute to the conversation in any fashion?"
I am quite familiar with introspection of this sort, and so I can offer with confidence a full-throated, "YES!" my reply offer's significant advice!

My significant advice to you, Alexandre DeLarge, is this:
Shut up, Idiot.

They released a new class, thread necromancer?

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016
Are there any private shards worth playing? I was thinking about reinstalling this but then noticed a weird subscription model and not sure how to feel about that.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
I was excited about this game for... oh I dunno... maybe the first 450 years of its development. Then I got bored of waiting like everyone else.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Legends of Ultima was the only reason I was interested and it, too, took too drat long to get the ball rolling. Also I heard the project lead/owner is a douche.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Freakazoid_ posted:

Legends of Ultima was the only reason I was interested and it, too, took too drat long to get the ball rolling. Also I heard the project lead/owner is a douche.

I know who you're talking about, and he was pushed out of his position. Stimwalt has taken over since, and he's a pretty good guy. LoU still not ready, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Cloner of the Elks posted:

I know who you're talking about, and he was pushed out of his position. Stimwalt has taken over since, and he's a pretty good guy. LoU still not ready, though

Stimwalt's a good guy..

I think the other guy that was pushed out was Andy?

He was a real dick.