Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Myrridinos
Jan 7, 2010
Would you say its worth a play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harpsychord
Jan 13, 2008
I totally forgot that I backed this in 2014 (tried the Alpha and then stopped). I wonder if I still get that Baby Dragon Familiar like I was promised?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ill probably try this out since they finally updated their roadmap

http://www.legendsofaria.com/the-updated-road-map-is-here/

seems like its a pretty reasonable timeline, so the open beta will start July-ish probably

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Is legends of Ultima server worth buying this game for it?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Open beta is some time in June? Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
there's going to be an open beta?

open betas are like catnip to me, I will probably try it just for the uo style server.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Freakazoid_ posted:

there's going to be an open beta?

open betas are like catnip to me, I will probably try it just for the uo style server.

That's what it says on the roadmap linked above "June open beta"

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

https://www.legendsofaria.com/bring-a-friend-week/

Can try the game before open beta

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Got this email back from a Dev when I asked for a couple of keys to share. I couldn't run a guild but maybe one of you guys wants to give it a shot:

Sanya Weathers posted:

Do you think you could rustle up enough people to form a guild? Those keys are for three weeks, not one, to give you time to hopefully build a bit of a reputation and maybe a guild house, and the only catch is the leader has to send feedback for the whole guild to me once a week.

I'm happy to give you a few single keys to hand out, of course, but I thought I'd present the option. I think Goonswarm is planning on giving us a try, so there might be some familiar faces to fight ;)

You can email at sweathers at citadelstudios.net

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Are we planning that?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
lol I did not expect to see sanya weathers' name again

I don't think anyone was interested in leading a goon guild for this game.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Who is Sanya Weathers?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
She used to be a guide for EQ, made a big rant about it back in the day, then got hired by Mythic to be their CR person. I thought she left the industry but nope, still truckin' along.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Can I bake poison bread and kill people? If yes, I'm in.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Freakazoid_ posted:

lol I did not expect to see sanya weathers' name again

I don't think anyone was interested in leading a goon guild for this game.

I emailed her on behalf of EQMS/UO goons but havent heard back yet... no idea if this game will be legit or not but having played UO for 20 years, its probably worth checking out.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Of all the upcoming MMO's this is one of those I have high hopes for to entertain ME thanks to the custom rulesets and all.
The other two i'm banking on are CU (just for the RvR) and perhaps maybe Crowfall due to the short nature of the servers.

So if you have a spare key, i'd love to be part of the swarm.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

FormerFatty posted:

I emailed her on behalf of EQMS/UO goons but havent heard back yet... no idea if this game will be legit or not but having played UO for 20 years, its probably worth checking out.

There's a form now: https://www.legendsofaria.com/guild-beta-application-now-open/

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
The thread title should really be updated given its now Legends of Aria.

I've been playing on the Legends of Ultima shard for some time now, and it's really good. They've done a lot to make it feel just like classic UO. I'd be up for making a goon guild on this server if anyone else is interested? I'm already in DoW there, they're an anti-pk guild and could probably do with some more reds to fight with.

I understand they're currently working on introducing poisoning now that magic resistance finally seems to be working as intended.

They have already made the original UO britannia map but this cannot be loaded onto the server until a week before steam release.

For anyone sitting on the edge, buying the game early will give you access now and you will get a steam key on release, as well as a one week headstart before steam. Legends of Ultima do not plan on any further wipes before release (though obviously not guaranteed). If a wipe is necessary, they are planning on giving you fresh house deeds and skill balls to bring back your progress.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Angelwolf posted:

The thread title should really be updated given its now Legends of Aria.

I've been playing on the Legends of Ultima shard for some time now, and it's really good. They've done a lot to make it feel just like classic UO. I'd be up for making a goon guild on this server if anyone else is interested? I'm already in DoW there, they're an anti-pk guild and could probably do with some more reds to fight with.

I understand they're currently working on introducing poisoning now that magic resistance finally seems to be working as intended.

They have already made the original UO britannia map but this cannot be loaded onto the server until a week before steam release.

For anyone sitting on the edge, buying the game early will give you access now and you will get a steam key on release, as well as a one week headstart before steam. Legends of Ultima do not plan on any further wipes before release (though obviously not guaranteed). If a wipe is necessary, they are planning on giving you fresh house deeds and skill balls to bring back your progress.

Would if I could but I can't. Need a mod to do it. Legends of Ultima is awesome. I'm playing on there instead of official servers but I'll hop on there to take advantage of the head start. Who knows, official servers might be good one day but right now LoU is where it's at.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
What's your handle on LoU?

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Would if I could but I can't. Need a mod to do it. Legends of Ultima is awesome. I'm playing on there instead of official servers but I'll hop on there to take advantage of the head start. Who knows, official servers might be good one day but right now LoU is where it's at.

Maybe its just me, but when i play over an hour on LoU my client starts to stutter and bringing up windows takes like 5 secs.

LoU is a really fun server, but i can't figure out if it's the client that's loving up or my machine.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Probably neither, it's likely server side. They used to have 2 hour restarts because of this crap but it's now been changed to 5.

Does the problem go away after a reboot or does it remain?

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Angelwolf posted:

Probably neither, it's likely server side. They used to have 2 hour restarts because of this crap but it's now been changed to 5.

Does the problem go away after a reboot or does it remain?

It goes away for a bit but within an hour/hour and a half it returns so yea, probably a server side issue.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Is there a goon guild in LoU?
If not, why not?

Let's make one?

zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug
I'm playing on LoU. This seems fun. Any other disgusting, smelly goons playing this right now? We should set up shop.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

zwdzk posted:

I'm playing on LoU. This seems fun. Any other disgusting, smelly goons playing this right now? We should set up shop.

We should definitely get a list of Goon names on here for the LoU shard. Would that be cool, OP?

In game name is Chupacabra

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
OP is too busy throwing down insane amounts of money on kickstarter MMOs that will never come out and if they do, will be complete poo poo. You're better off starting a new thread at this point.

But lets face it. Like 5 people tops are going to play this so Discord would probably be better to organize anyway. Unless some of the old UOForever people get into this for whatever reason.

sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003
just watch it for a second
I tried LoU and got killed by the first bandit I encountered as soon as I left Britain. It's been at least a decade since I played UO, but I think that's exactly what happened to me there, too.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Alright, thread is up for Legends of Ultima specifically: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3862227

sevenflow posted:

I tried LoU and got killed by the first bandit I encountered as soon as I left Britain. It's been at least a decade since I played UO, but I think that's exactly what happened to me there, too.

Ahhh, UO :black101:

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

If you convince Awful Company to drop AO for this, you'd have numbers.

But from what I played during free week the combat seemed to clunky currently.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Keegers posted:

If you convince Awful Company to drop AO for this, you'd have numbers.

But from what I played during free week the combat seemed to clunky currently.

EQMS has some people playing this but I tried it, went on LOU, and it was dead as gently caress... which made no sense considering its not getting wiped?

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

FormerFatty posted:

EQMS has some people playing this but I tried it, went on LOU, and it was dead as gently caress... which made no sense considering its not getting wiped?

It did get wiped (it annoyed me, but it was needed - people were selling legacy items for ridiculous money which for some reason the mods couldn't remove from the game), and a good chunk of people stopped playing temporarily given it was the start of summer. Even now its a bit quiet, will probably pick up in a few months time. Seems to be a nice, slow steady stream of newbies joining up though.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
The LOU guys are honestly not smart enough to not wipe. Their plan is to not wipe the server and just code through citadel's attempt to make wipes necessary for soft launch, but in a recent release where a wipe wasn't necessary but citadel just hosed up the conversion code, they wiped anyway rather than fix it, but only the world since citadel's code worked for personal items. I would expect wipes right up until soft-launch on LOU.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
These guys are giving out trial keys for anyone who wants to jump in and try out CB2: https://massivelyop.com/2018/07/12/legends-of-aria-giveaway/#keys

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Dinurth posted:

These guys are giving out trial keys for anyone who wants to jump in and try out CB2: https://massivelyop.com/2018/07/12/legends-of-aria-giveaway/#keys

Thanks! I was close to buying another founder pack. Same poor choice I always make with these mmos.

Edit: Site gives me poo poo for the poor password. But shows the entire password when you enter it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i still think this is the most likely MMO to scratch the itch I want, hopefully combat gets less cl unky

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
All gone, missed my chance. Those went faster than I expected.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I thought it was supposed to be in open beta by now

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

clone on the phone posted:

I thought it was supposed to be in open beta by now

I imagine with the feedback from the trial week, they are trying to revamp some stuff before open beta.

If they leave the combat as clunky as it was it will die in open beta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Keegers posted:

I imagine with the feedback from the trial week, they are trying to revamp some stuff before open beta.

If they leave the combat as clunky as it was it will die in open beta.

Can you describe clunky here? Smooth isn't exactly the adjective I'd use for the combat in UO to begin with. I haven't played the game at all, and if the combat is somehow worse than the original UO, then I'm definitely not interested.