Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep_boop
Feb 2, 2016

UrielX posted:

I'm not sure I like the newest update. Can't firewall the demon for relics anymore =/. And working salvage is gonna be a bitch!

Despite it being pre-alpha I've been sinking a lot of time into it. To me it really recaptured the UO feel in a lot of ways. Skills and the world is pretty limited right now, but some of the skills are pretty hard to get up there (mostly the crafting skills).

IIRC, GMing blacksmithing or any other crafting skill in UO took a lot of time too. I think that's a good thing, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep_boop
Feb 2, 2016

Freakazoid_ posted:

No. Practically speaking, slowing the rate of crafting only delays the inevitable collapse. You need a lot more factors to go right to support crafting as part of a player economy and as history has shown, hardly anyone ever gets it right.

I don't really know a drat thing about the economic side of things, especially when it comes to games. I see your point though and have to agree, after thinking about it in relation to Eve Online. I think in UO I was too busy not giving a gently caress and just having fun to really care. I just remember it taking a long time - and when I was most active hardly anyone had the uh.. blue armor poo poo - so it was super valuable.. for years, if I remember correctly!