Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Hi! Gnome has kindly allowed me to use the full playbooks for Fellowship for my new game thread - Fellowship: Lord of the Libraries! I would love to see what people come up with for characters here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

chaos rhames posted:

I'm worried about undermining people's narratives. The heir's player might not appreciate another person adding on stories about how their family is first against the wall, or a halfling not wanting her community to try out the special pipeweed you've been selling. The tricky part of doing fellowship moves for the rogue is not stepping on other player's toes, because it can change the tone of the game by murkying the good/evil divide. That said, if I back down from Han Solo/Robin Hood it just turns into a halfling/squire hybrid and doesn't really do anything new.

Maybe the Outlaw is from the lands of the Overlord. They get to define what it's like to live under the Overlord's rule, cooperatively with the Overlord. I somehow doubt the Overlord's gonna be mad at any atrocities attributed to them.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Now we just have to get it up to 26,000 dollars.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Some thoughts on the Mask:

The Revolution option provides a very lackluster ability, comparatively. It's just not super interesting.

The Remnant is...interesting, but a lot of Core moves don't have a roll involved.

New Home is a problem in that it can't be taken in chargen because you haven't any Fellowship in chargen.

Trick Arrows is a problem because it requires you have a ranged weapon, but that's only an option from your Gear rather than automatic. If you're going to make a Custom that requires a specific piece of gear, have that gear be automatically part of your Gear.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

How many Customs does the Mask start with?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

chaos rhames posted:

Same as everything else? I wasn't sure there was any variability.

There is. Dwarf, Elf, Halfling and Squire get 2. Orc and Heir get 3. Harbinger and Giant get 1.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I would give the soldiers a stat and a threat, even if that threat is something helpful to the Fellowship. That way, if they end up recruiting the guards somehow, the guards have a stat to use as Companions.

The Overlord can also use cuts to Damage NPCs or Set Pieces or Barriers if the party does something that would logically do so. You make a cut that logically follows.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

That's right.

Pretty much, yeah! And then that soldier is also probably no longer a threat, since all their stats are damaged.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I'm actually really not a fan of how the Pair looked in the preview. The Hatchling and Remnant were the two real standouts for me.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Litany Unheard posted:

The Hatchling was in last place :cry:

:(

That was the best one!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Yeah, you'd need to make the mount something more than just a Companion.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I like the giant jokester pig and his pet halfling.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I think the playbook PDF is screwed up, it has some customs listed at the bottom of the basic move third of the page.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

It's pretty confusing, I had to double check to be sure they weren't core moves out of nowhere.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I could easily see an Overlord having the Charming stat: No one will believe you're as dangerous as you are. And the Fellowship has to damage that before anyone believes it's you doing all the bad things rather than, say, your General.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Oh, go for it.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Is the Dwarf's Unbreakable Bond gear option one-sided or is the bond Unbreakable for both characters involved?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Champion of Fire says the Dragon gets four Custom Moves as their Core Moves, but Dragon's Custom says they select three moves. Which one is correct?

E: Also, the White has the Trickster's text, for Fellowships, and the Final Form's first advance refers to True Dragon Customs.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Mar 28, 2016

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

It makes it somewhat easier to get Taken Out in the intervening time.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I would say you can do that, but that you then have no ongoing say over Figment 'culture,' which belongs to the Overlord. Rather, you command lore over the folks you have bonds with as per the Squire rules.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

That's one way. The other way is, as the Overlord chapter says, for the Overlord to use their damage-dealing cut on the NPCs where appropriate. so basically: if the party does something to neutralize the threat the stat represents, the Overlord is supposed to damage it as a cut, because that's the cut that follows.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

It was a problem at the printer that gnome failed to notice in time to be able to correct for free and was unable to afford to pay to correct.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

gnome7 posted:

And a non-combat rules preview has just been posted for your eyeballs to experience.

Do you have any I can experience with my elbow

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The Organization, but its members don't realize they're serving him - they're just influenced by his very existence. All of them are people he's met and, therefore, changed.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Will this include mods to the core playbooks to make them work better with it?

Like I feel that some of the gear options ('the Overlord's weakness') and playbook history stuff (and the Harbinger in general) are going to need some shifts to deal with There Is No Overlord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

gnome7 posted:

Yes, I already have some plans for the Harbinger and the Heir specifically, but I'll be looking over all the existing playbooks and including a chapter about converting them for the Horizon in the final product. Any mention of the Overlord's Weakness or Sources of Power needs to be replaced by... something. I haven't decided exactly what, yet. But this is also something that I'll need to do with the Empire, so I'll need to start figuring something out there.

Local/regional legends might be a thing here. Sure, the Overlord's not going to tearing out a dragon's still-beating heart as a Source of Power, but everyone tells tales of the Mountain That Is Dragon and its molten heart, and its existence is core to the local area's scenery and history.