Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Backed this, shared it to some friends too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

So I really want to run this irl. Like, a lot. It's pretty obvious that this intended for a longer series of sessions, but do you have any advice for doing shorter games with this? My gaming groups don't always have time to meet regularly.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Hey! I just finished reading the entire ruleset for the first time, in preparation for actually running this thing. I do have questions about a couple of things:

1. During Downtime, how often does the Overlord get a turn? Just once every go around the table? That seems to make sense, but I wasn't sure.

2. Regarding Sources of Power, the section I am confused about reads as follows "When you seize a new Source of Power, gain a new stat of your choice.
When you gain or lose a Source of Power, write down which stat that
Source of Power is tied to - if you lose or regain that Source of Power in the
future, it takes the stat with it."

Are there stats associated with specific Sources of Power at the start of the game/does the Overlord have a Source of Power at the start of the game? Does the Overlord backfill Stats with Sources of Power, or will they have "unassigned" Stats as the game progresses?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

gnome7 posted:

Clarifications

Thanks Gnome! This is the first game in a while that I've been really excited to run myself, so I wanted to get things right!

Edit: What's the actual page where the bit about starting with Sources of Power is stated, just for reference later?

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Mar 28, 2016

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

gnome7 posted:

It is not directly stated anywhere, actually. It's just heavily implied by the connection between Sources of Power and Overlord stats, along with using The One Ring as an example. I have added a paragraph to the end of the Overlord Stats move to state that clearly but that won't be in a distributed version of the book until the full release.

Sounds good. Thanks for the help!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Nuns with Guns posted:

It could also be used for a renegade General the Fellowship befriends instead of kills!

When I was reading the Forging Bonds rules, I realized I wanted this kind of thing to happen at least once during a game of Fellowship I run. Such good drama fodder.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Congrats, Gnome! I'm going to run this for some folks on IRC, but I hope to do a game for some Real People soon!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I just went through character creation with my group, and our Giant of Spirit is actually a Briarbush Ent. His herb garden grows right out of his back!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I had a very successful first session of my game, which was doubly gratifying as I haven't had a chance to run anything in a while. The Fellowship found an encoded journal from the Overlord's past, and they have a new target in the forms of a Source of Power and an NPC who may have known the Overlord before he rose from the dead as an ethereal tyrant. Fun times!

I have a question about enemy stats, though, and it could be that I just missed this in the rules. When and how do enemy stats get damaged. Is this just up to the kind of stat (social/mental/physical) and the action being described/move being used?

I guess I'm just confused as to when and how damage is applied as player moves have more general effects on the whole.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Thanks for the guidance on Damage, all! I was overthinking things a bit.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Nuns with Guns posted:

I have an additional question: if another person in the fellowship picks up the elf's elf-made gear, do they get burned? Or are they treated as a friend to elves? Or is the only way to earn the "friend to elves" title through the fellowship move?

I just told my players that it's at the discretion of the Elf player, but that they're all supposed to be buds so maybe we don't need to worry about that?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I'm trying to design a general for my game, and I'm sort of stuck on wording. I'm making a Naga/Snakeman;

So far I've given him:
-Chess Pieces from the Brainiac
-Serpentine form - Damage this stat to ignore one Keep Busy move (might boost this idk)

I wanted to include a hypnotic voice or mesmerizing gaze star, but I'm unsure of how that would work. This is my first attempt at making a custom enemy in this game.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

That looks great! I had a feeling that the Serpentine stat was weak, but I've only run a single session and don't have a strong hold on enemy stats yet.

This guy is going to be a terror when the Fellowship makes it to the town he's taking over. If they make it on time, that is.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Hell yes Remnant, and hell yes fillable pdfs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

One of my players picked the Heir, and flavored her as an awoken queen from a long-forgotten desert kingdom. I'll have to take a look, but Slshe might be interested in some of the moves from Remnant.