Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
I'm loving what I've seen in the playtest version. A question: when do the squire's community options get triggered? Does the overlord always have the option of choosing from them when a community connects with the fellowship? (and if so, how did no-one notice all the cyborgs and the surgery before that?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

That split the night

College Slice

Impermanent posted:

It looks like the point of those rules is that the squire makes friends with everyone, even people who might normally not be friendly. It's not that they turn a town into cyborgs, it's that a squire lets you befriend cyborgs when they show up. (And having a squire in-game is an invitation to find very weird small towns of Mr. Saturn-esque figures.)

Also: Backed. I'm very excited about this game.

Yeah, I get that, but the overlord picks 3 community benefits for the fellowship to choose 1 of when they befriend the community, which seems well after the point that you'd be noticing the cyborgs (or otherwise be aware of the nature of the community).

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

That split the night

College Slice
Similarly, I imagine "Believed Dead" (e.g. Voldemort) or "Mythical" (no one believes he exists) would be reasonable Overlord Stats?

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

That split the night

College Slice

Pththya-lyi posted:

I propose "Rich: You can buy anything that's for sale" for capitalist/colonialist Overlords.

(and Anyone)

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

That split the night

College Slice
Looking at things through a LOTR lens, is the Giant playbook meant to cover Ents too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

That split the night

College Slice

Kwyndig posted:

It wasn't gnome's fault though, you can't really blame a person for the actions of a third party hired by them when the third party is willing and able to provide redress for their mistake. It would be different if the responsibility fell on the first party instead of the third party, but it doesn't, as the book in question was shipped straight from the printer to the backer, and not to gnome for review.

I'm a big fan of gnome's work, but that's not how I read the kickstarter update/things posted in this thread. My impression was that the art resolution issues and the page numbering were errors at their end, not at DTRPGs.