Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Congrats gnome!
Definitely gonna back this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

homullus posted:

Tolkien-Fellowship doesn't appeal to me as much, but the rules are obviously pretty flexible. I think Rat Queens-Fellowship would be a blast.

But can I play a Smidgen?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

homullus posted:

Cross out "Halfling" and write "Smidgen" and then cross out "pipe leaf" and replace it with "assortment of psychedelics" and you're set to be Betty.

If I wasn't already sold, I'd be sold.

Also someone send a link to the creator of rat queens, he's going to be doing an rq game with Adam Koebel, maybe he should look at fellowship instead?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Litany Unheard posted:

Project hit the first stretch goal for more pretty pictures, and there's a new one up: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1552912590/fellowship-a-tabletop-adventure-game/posts/1351127

The stretch goal after this should be to write all of them. Imagine reskinning the spirit as a pacifist monk. :swoon:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I like that, but instead of Outlaw, I feel like something a little more neutral would fit. Like the Rascal or the (oddly enough) Rogue.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

chaos rhames posted:

Probably, but the tricky part is getting something with a community behind it.I might go with rogue, but leave it up in the air for a bit.

What about leaving it dependent on another player?
Like how a Squire is from the same place as another fellowship member (Like Sam is to Frodo, naturally).
The Rogue would be like Merry and/or Pippen, troublemakers but not villains and they get wrapped up in the fellowship, becoming big drat heroes with a touch of han solo to taste

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Mors Rattus posted:

Maybe the Outlaw is from the lands of the Overlord. They get to define what it's like to live under the Overlord's rule, cooperatively with the Overlord. I somehow doubt the Overlord's gonna be mad at any atrocities attributed to them.

Move Name: Imperial Academy Dropout

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Mors Rattus posted:

There is. Dwarf, Elf, Halfling and Squire get 2. Orc and Heir get 3. Harbinger and Giant get 1.

Based on this, I'd give the Mask 2 customs.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Fuligin posted:

and everyone should vote for them...

...after voting for the constructed and elemental. :colbert:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
The Yankee needs one of the names to be Dorothy. :haw:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

unseenlibrarian posted:

Possibly! but I was actually thinking of doing Dorothy/Alice/"Normal person lost by accident" as its own playbook.

Sure, but imo it still works as an option for the Yankee.

Like the many flavors of Orc, the Yankee can be a lost traveller, a swindler, etc.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

homullus posted:

"A Routine Expedition" is a solid name for a move, too.

A three hour tour.

and maybe
There's No Place Like Home
When you take some downtime, show the fellowship some of the comforts of home; make some food, tell a story, etc.
Everyone can recover or fill their bellies as if they were in your community.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
This isn't even my final form!
When you defeat 2 out of 3 threats to the world...