Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011
I just backed this last night and I'm super excited for it. I'll try and get my group to try out the backer preview as soon as I can!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011
I don't know if the Ghoul or the Spirit would be the better fit for the idea, but I think that a neat archetype concept for a playbook would be one based around creating a now dead race or country, like the Dead Men of Dunharrow or Atlantean Ghosts (or Ikana Canyon to bring in video games). Right now the Ghoul and Spirit don't really seem like interesting pitches to me, since they're focused more on the individual character's physical abilities, but if they had more of a setting hook built into them I would back them in a heartbeat.

The "What is an [x]?" and "[x]'s Custom" section in this case could allow for choosing why your civilization is dead, or the nature of your personal survival (corporeal/incorporeal undead, time traveler, etc.) The generic "Half-[x]" custom in particular could be flavored as "you're from the ancestors of another player's civilization." Depending on what playbooks get voted on, I may have to write this up for myself when I have time.

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011

Ominous Jazz posted:

How easy is it to play the giant as gundam or a big from big o?

Probably infinitely if you go for either the Giants of Myth (if they rarely act outside of their robot) or Giants of Spirit if they are often outside of it. The other Giant types would work for someone who's trapped inside their robot or is using it as a life-support system. The special Giant Fellowships can be re-skinned as other super robots and their pilots and one of the Overlord's Army types are "The Titans," which also skins well to a swarm of Zakus/whatever.

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011
Hey Gnome, when you finish writing all the Fellowship expansion playbooks, will you publish something like a single-book compilation of all of them on DTRPG?

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011
Does The Pair also support a rider/steed or pet/owner relationship?