Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clockwurke Bear
Oct 3, 2011

"Of course they died because of you. It's because they are the only ones who would die for you."
The GM having their own playbook is fascinating to me, but I will say the thing that sold me and made me go "I need this." was the individual control the player had over their culture. Being the bastion of information to questions is a way to encourage creativity in those that wouldn't usually, and is highlighting the design I really enjoy in PBTA games. I look forward to seeing the full move sets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clockwurke Bear
Oct 3, 2011

"Of course they died because of you. It's because they are the only ones who would die for you."
So I really love this system and the idea of narrative holding such sway over all the mechanics, but I'm a little confused on "Finish Them" in relation to some threats. It may be me being very dense, but I'm curious about how strong the second phase of the Kraken or things with Tough as Nails are with the 10+ being to Destroy them and no other visible way to damage them. I'm definitely down on combat not always being hyper combative, but with the not unlikely turn of event that this happens are the threats just intended to resolve as smoothly as that?