Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

chaos rhames posted:

I was poking around about making a Rogue style character, with a criminal syndicate/band of rebels/pirate crew instead of a traditional community. Everyone needs a Han Solo.

The Outlaw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I voted Pair, Hatchling, and Constructed, Remnant and Elemental were my runner-ups.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I'm one of the people who voted for the Constructed because I trust gnome to make it distinct enough from the Inverse World one and I can't pass up an opportunity to add robots to games, sue me. Unfortunately neither of my other choices made it into the final three so oh well. I will say I agree that the Remnant seems a little macabre for the tone that the game otherwise seems to be going for but it's a pretty solid concept in general. The Dragon I'm kinda so-so on but, as Golden Bee said, both dragon and kobold fans are big constituencies and so it's hard to be surprised that it got a lot of votes.

At the risk of sounding greedy, I hope we also get the Hatchling down the line once you start doing individual sale playbooks (I realize this is probably a ways off since you're going to be busy with the main Kickstarter stuff for a while) since that seems to be the playbook that this thread was most interested in.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Impermanent posted:

Pretty excited about the Constructed and Dragon bringing us about 90 percent of the way to running Chrono Trigger: the Roleplaying Game.

For the record, this is precisely why I voted for the Constructed.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Not gonna lie, I totally forgot I was pledged for a hardcopy.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I mean poo poo, why not.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Gratz gnome, good work.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Just so I'm clear because this is the first KS in a while I've ordered anything physical from, will you be handling distribution of signed hardcopies yourself or do we need to go through DTRPG for those too?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Elfface posted:

So, one of my players has expressed an interest in being some sort of slime-person, but I don't think I've got the know-how to convert the Rainlord when it's my first time with the system.

Has anyone done anything similar they could share with me?

While it might not be especially useful since I feel like someone will inevitably point this out it might as well be me, but depending on what exactly they want out of their slime person-ness it's entirely possible to simply take one of the already existing Fellowship races and say "oh yeah, they're slime people" in the same vein as having feminist mushroom orcs.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Discord seems to be the new hotness for running online games lately.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Gnome, I noticed a number of typos throughout the Remnant preview. Would you prefer to have those emailed to you, posted in the thread, something else?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

gnome7 posted:

Yeah, send em to my email, thank you very much.

I feel like I double and triple checked this time but alas. Typos always happen.

Email sent. Also it's not really a typo per se but I admit I'm a little confused about how the Lash Out move is supposed to work as the wording on the 10+ result is a little unclear to me. So on a 7+ you can pay a price to deal damage to someone, then on a 10+ you get to deal one instance of damage for free? So when rolling 10+ you can damage them, then pay a price to do damage to them again, is that how it's supposed to work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I feel like the Death Hunter enemy has an ability that, uh, doesn't quite belong there, maybe I'm missing something.