Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

gnome7 posted:

Quick errata for The Squire:

I've also entirely removed their "you also get a Gear option from Your People" from their Gear, because they aren't anybody's people anymore so that doesn't make sense. And they don't really need it either - that option was mostly a stopgap because the Squire had some fairly boring Gear for a long time, but I don't think that's true anymore in the current draft and hasn't been true for a long while. I mean it isn't as exciting as the Dwarf or Orc gear, but the Squire also isn't a playbook about having stuff to succeed. It's what's in your heart that matters more to the Squire.

Thank you for this errata, because my newest player just picked the Squire (and the question of what People to pick from came up). I recalled seeing this post and went back to check on it. Anyway, that new Eager Apprentice move should be fun for him to play with.

EDIT: Also, I'm curious who that character is in your avatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
Just a clarifying question. Are the Heir and the Orc intended to pick two or three Custom Moves? The draft PDF says two for the Heir, while the playbooks say three. They both say three for the Orc.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
Ok! I already told my Heir player to pick two for the time being. I guess that ruling will hold.

Kaja Rainbow fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Feb 16, 2016

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
Cool. This will affect my game.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
I'll comment that the Overlord changes threw me for a loop since I'll have to refit my existing game but they're overall a real improvement.

Also I had to improvise since I lost a couple of players and had another take a hiatus for college work which led to me recruiting two new players which I started at level one. As a result there's a quite uneven level range in my game but it works out okay I guess. Levels aren't as crucial as in D&D for example.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
So, my game of Fellowship just concluded. It ran for a little over half a year, with half of the original players being replaced as they left for various reasons. The Fellowship faced off against the dread Spiral Mother who spread her corrupting beauty everywhere she could. Many adventures were had, in which they got cursed, cured the curse, fought a living hill and then a little mountain, met a catgirl merchant, raced against a dramatic countdown to disable the floating fortress, recruited a misshapen monster who was mistreated by the Mother, pantsed a fae, and more.

Finally the dramatic showdown happened as they headed to a dwarven town that had been destroyed by the Spiral Mother, only to find it twisted into a spiral. Rather than try to follow the spiral walls inside (which gave them a bad feeling about doing it), they had the dwarven artillery they brought along blow up the walls (the Heir had her own army, while the Dwarf had a bunch of gunners and artillery she requested). And first the dwarven zombies, with spirals for heads, attacked them, then stone spirals ripped themselves out of the ground to attack, then the water itself animated and attacked them, and finally the Spiral Mother, with a form like a dreadfully beautiful butterfly, showed up. A lot of people got hurt, but in the end they managed to wipe out the two Generals with them and then put the finishing blow to the Mother herself, purifying her with sacred water.

Highlight of the epilogue: the Ogre revealing that he was married with six children. Everyone reacted with shock and surprise.

I ran the game in Roll20.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
It depends on the people you play with, I guess. Since I started playing with my current circle of roleplayers, I've actually been able to run and play campaigns all the way through to their endings. A whole game of Dungeon World to the defeat of the final threat, a game of Fellowship to the defeat of the Overlord, a game of Valor all the way to the final Season and the endboss, and those're just the ones I've run. Not short ones, either, games lasting one or two years.

This consistently hasn't been the case for me with people outside this specific circle, though.

EDIT: I should also add that I've been playing vis online text chat, as I'm deaf. It's easier to show up for that sort of game.

Kaja Rainbow fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Sep 3, 2018

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
I have questions about Panic at the Dojo! Rubble is specified as costing an extra speed token. Likewise, diagonal movement also cost an extra speed token. However, what about abilities that say "move 3 spaces" or "move an enemy or ally 3 spaces", for example? How're those affected by diagonal movement and rubble?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
Also I should mention a house rule I used for the battle I just ran. A good part of the battle took place on a rooftop, and I ruled that moving from the ground to the rooftop is possible but costs an extra Speed Token. Since this game is inspired by Ranma 1/2 and that routinely has people jumping around without much regard for gravity.

Speaking of, later I'll do a full writeup of the two battles that've happened so far.