Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
So do the Squire (without the For Your People Purpose) and Heir each their own people/race not belong to the Dwarves, Orcs, etc.? Or is it that they're part of that race, just not as significant in that regard in comparison?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I've been wondering, JJBA was mention in the book. How would a party go about emulating that? I'd assume the race stuff is pretty much dropped such that each playbook is solely indicative of the character, and then deciding as a group as to how to handle stands and how they operate. I'm just curious.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Golden Bee posted:

There's a potential expansion that'll delve into this; it's not really represented yet.

As an aside to this One Piece also comes to mind as something that'd also fit into that sort of variation, but it'd probably be better suited for a game meant to emulate that genre rather thigh trying to borrow tools from a game meant for a somewhat different one.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Will it be possible to get a collected Print edition of the added playbooks and content in the future?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Here's a thing I'd like some input on for future planning: How would one go about handling 2 Overlords that are also opposed to each other?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
It'd basically be two Overlord sheets. Think two rival forces approaching at the same time that both want the same thing, but are diametrically opposed to the other and even if one is defeated, the other still remains.

It's still a theoretical thing, but I was wondering how others would approach it in this system.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Gonna finally try and get a Fellowship game off the ground with a group of people who don't know each other besides me. The first "session" probably wont be much other than a tutorial of how to play and getting everyone familiar with PbtA games so that'll be interesting. We're also going to be missing someone so...:shrug:

If all else fails, I'll just fall back to Dungeon World or something. Or maybe run a DCC Funnel

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The first "session" is through and since only 2 of 4 were able to make it, we basically only developed the Overlord and one character. The other person is still looking at stuff for their Robot (Construct) to be cool because they couldn't think of a concept outside of that yet.

The Overlord is gonna be an Isekai protagonist named "Yuusha" and is set not too far from their destined victory over the Demon King that terrorized the land. Everything is pretty much recovered, but parts of the land are dying and fouling now, and that didn't happen under the Demon King's invasion. The party knows that the Hero, Yuusha, is actually the cause of all this, but it's yet to be settled as to how they know. The rest of the world is basically still in the dark about this and for most people would still be unconvinced without hard proof. "Why would the person who saved the world be killing the land? That doesn't make any sense," goes the peasant. Mechanically, they're gonna have an Organization, likely composed of their old party members and maybe former Demon King minions. I've not 100% defined how they look, but if not for the fact that they're extremely famous, he'd be fairly unassuming

The most well developed party member is played by Goon, Suspect Bucket. They have an Heir of a Forgotten Land. The land of Water and Flowers was untouched by the Demon King, partially because practically everyone else in the world forgot about it, and also possibly because the Demon King might have been from there. :iiam: The character is a prince going from the forgotten land to the rest of the world to stop the Hero. Instead of a Warhorse, they have an elephant/advisor that is a pacifist. The land that they come from is based on Southern India or at least borrows elements from there.

The other two players I have to talk to and see what they're thinking.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Will any of the expansion playbooks make it into Inverse Fellowship or will it be its own thing with The Horizon and those five Playbooks?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Is The Empire available? I can't seem to find it but apparently there are people who can play with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I must have misread a post or two then