Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

What breaks if I let a [Powerful] Harbinger or Giant take a 'destiny move' that lets them have more than 1 bond with people, to represent them growing close to the masses and mere mortals as they've gone on their adventures?

I'm seriously asking, because I don't know if something means this is a terrible idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I figured. I just didn't know if there was anything beyond that to keep them limited. Thanks for the quick answer.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

So uh, is the Final Form's advance to increase blood to +3 supposed to be worded that way?

Because as it is now, it's a destiny advance that can let someone with -1 blood become +3 blood, as long as they've made fellowship with a Dragon.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

So this is a question for Gnome7, but anyone can answer if they have one:

There is a Giant in a game, who wants to throw scenery, people, etc, as a weapon. However, we have no Dragon to get the move that allows them to, you know, do that. At the same time, I feel likt it's entirely within the character's capability to pick up and throw someone at someone else. Do I just allow it, or do I disallow it, because it exists as a move in another playbook?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

gnome7 posted:

Did you miss that that is also a Giant move? Because its one of their core moves they get for free.

The Giant can definitely toss scenery and people as weapons and even gets a Boulder in their gear to represent throwing terrain at people. I have no idea how you got the idea they can't do this thing.

For some reason I only ever looked at that as 'throwing allies around', because I've only ever seen it used for that. I didn't even think about enemies or scenery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

So the thing is, the races have to be a little restricted by nature of what playbooks mean. The Elf can't be from a warlike society of warriors, and has to be some form of nature loving amazing great magical beings, because that's what keeps the Elf from just being a second Orc.

This is for a reason, in that the game is built to be played with only different playbooks (unlike some PbtA that do say you can double up on playbooks if it's desired), in order to create a dynamic where everyone is obviously from very disparate societies, that don't share much at all in common, forcing the Fellowship to come together despite their differences.

You can easily rename The Orc into "The Warrior Race", the Elf into "The Nature Race" etc, because that's more the role they fill, to create a variety of racial sterotypes that are at ends with each other.