Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanglorian
Apr 13, 2013

Games, games, games
I bought Gnome's Panic at the Dojo a few days ago, and I'm so excited and inspired by it!

Is this the right thread to ask questions about it, since it's another Gnome game? Or should I head somewhere else?

The questions I've had so far are:

1) The FATAL & Friends review says about the Patient Style "Side note on this one - the description in the text seems to suggest that the intent is to build up a bunch of numbers, then blow them all at once for one killer turn, but as written, that seems like it's impossible, because the style doesn't offer any exceptions for the "one action per turn" trait."

My theory is that the intention is to build up lots of numbers, then switch styles and use them up that turn, with the new style. Is that correct or am I missing something too?

2) I'm confused about when heroes can forgo the Default Bonus (+2 max HP), and what forgoing it means.

Can heroes forgo the Default Bonus during battle, or only before it?
If they forgo the Bonus during battle, do they lose 2 current HP, or does their maximum just decrease by 2?
Does every hero lose the Bonus in exchange for one Bonus/Penalty, or does only one hero lose the Bonus in exchange for one Bonus/Penalty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU