Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Backed today.

Someone mentioned possibly running a pbp in the kickstarter thread. If anyone starts one please link it here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

I ranked the spider highly because holy poo poo you guys a spider.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Litany Unheard posted:

The backer poll results are viewable, though I don't know if the poll has actually closed yet. Surprise surprise, the three most conventional concepts won and we will have the Dragon, the Remnant, and the Constructed. The Pair came in a close fourth.

The Hatchling was in last place :cry:

I actually am surprised by that. For some reason I thought backers for a project like this would be more into "weird" options. Dragon was absolute last for me... Barely see the point in voting for something you could just find in a PHB.

Well if gnome ever writes up some of these other books I'd drop a few bucks for em.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Cyphoderus posted:

That's also true of Elf, Orc, and Dwarf. The way I see Fellowship, it's is all about creating adventurous fantasy from the ground up, basing it on the sources of the genre rather than on derivatives like D&D. I'm confident gnome can do good things with these vanilla concepts.

I'm only sad about Constructed because we already have the Golem in Inverse World. I don't know how similar they'll be, but adapting earlier work to a current project feels a bit underwhelming.

Part of my thinking is that we already had so many options if you want to go "standard." I'm sure gnome will cook up good stuff for all the books, not concerned about that.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

gnome7 posted:

Yes absolutely, I'm gonna write The Spider and the Pair for sure. But it'll be after these other three, and they'll be sold separately, while the Dragon, Remnant, and Constructed are going to be sent straight out to backers free of charge upon completion.

The funded playbooks will also be available for sale later, in the same way all my Dungeon World playbooks are, but backers will get them free.

Excellent.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

I'll be trying to convince my group to start a Fellowship game this week so perfectly timed for me.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

This reminds me a bit of Final Stand. Any inspiration there?

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Nope, though I do like Last Stand, I did mean Final Stand. It's written to play something like Tekken or the like I think.

There was going to be a pbp here to reskin it to do a Space Jam/Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden style game but it never made it past character creation so I never actually played the system.

I should add that I don't actually know if it's a favorable comparison but the game I had in my head seemed cool so at least in that way it definitely is.

Fumaofthelake fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 11, 2016

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Not wanting to deal with the hassle of returns/replacements/whatever is a valid point regardless of who you think is at fault.

The poster basically said they like gnome and the product but wouldn't feel comfortable ordering a hard copy in the future which makes total sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Hell yeah gnome well done