Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
I love the idea of a Horizon Overlord substitute and would like to add my voice to the clamor for a supplement with more playbooks and alternate Overlords. I'd back the poo poo out of that Kickstarter too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

unseenlibrarian posted:

Also now I really hope that at some point in the future we get a look at some of the alternate Overlord stuff, because during a post-work nap I had a vague idea for a portal fantasy Fellowship hack that used "The Way Home" as an alternate overlord.

Okay, this sounds awesome.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

madadric posted:

Think Saren and the Reapers from Mass Effect.

It's a common trope, you fight your nemesis and defeat them, and just as they die, they mutter something like "you fool, now there's nothing stopping them." And you reveal a new, mightier threat looming on the horizon.

You can foreshadow this throughout the game, with the Overlord amassing force to defend against a greater foe without care for the collateral damage. A few kingdoms may need to burn in order for the evil empire to stand strong against the true enemy. The overlord realised you can't save everyone and live in rainbow sunshine land when you face the ultimate threat.

Or the nemesis is discovered to be under the control of some horrible thing, and in killing them, you've broken the hold - but forced the hand of the controller, and now things escalate. Welcome to Season 2.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Litany Unheard posted:

Yeah I'm going to have to look into returning my hardcover and see if I can get it refunded/replaced. The cover is beautiful and I like the size and feel of it but the pictures are blurry, low-res garbage and the page number thing makes the book unusable.

I still have the PDF but it'll be difficult when someone asks to look at the book and I tell them to pull it up on their phone. A physical book makes things a lot easier.

Mine came in this way too. It's a disappointment, but I'm not as bothered by the artwork quality issues as the page numbering problem. I can renumber them by hand and make the book usable, but it feels like a shame to have to. I've never liked writing in books - I didn't even highlight textbooks in school.

Still looking forward to playing it if I get a willing group.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

gnome7 posted:

Pretty likely at some point, but I've got two other Fellowship things coming first. The Pair is going to be coming soon, and then after that I'm going to be working on an Inverse World Fellowship expansion, which I'll be doing a kickstarter for because I need cash.

The Pair: A coupla swashbucklers or musketeer types who work together to accomplish amazing things. Play as a teacher and their student(s), a pair of star-crossed lovers, or a Gimli/Legolas rivals situation. I just checked on this to see how far along it was and oops its basically done, I have no idea when I did that. So this'll be coming very soon, I just need to get art done for it.

Inverse Fellowship: Four new hero playbooks (The Angel, The Collector, The Lantern, and The Rain), The Ship playbook (which you can find an initial draft of [url=]over on the six feats under campaign page[/url]), and an alternate Overlord playbook, The Horizon, which is about playing a world of exploration. No major enemy or driving oppressive atmosphere, just the long road ahead. Stretch goals would be to add some more Inverse World playbooks to the book (Walker, Survivor, Captain maybe).

And then after those, The Empire is probably next? But it may be a ways off, Inverse Fellowship will take time.

I have a busy summer ahead of me.

I've never done anything with Inverse World but I am definitely excited about this just for the Horizon Overlord. Thanks for letting us know it's on the way!