Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Does anyone know if DL stints are retroactive? Or does it kick my guy out for 15 cycles from the time put on the DL?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Devo posted:

Does anyone know if DL stints are retroactive? Or does it kick my guy out for 15 cycles from the time put on the DL?

They are retroactive.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
New franchise record for wins \:unsmith:/

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
Elcano got back to 100 so I decided to give him one more start and push for 300 K and now he's probably gonna get hurt and I'm a dope well bye

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
AL North coming down to the wire which is funny to me because nasboat's team is objectively better than mine

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:
Nevermind.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

gardenald posted:

AL North coming down to the wire which is funny to me because nasboat's team is objectively better than mine

yeah but you might be an objectively better and more active owner at this point

loving HBD

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Hahaha, on the last start of the entire season, Toby Cox manages to raise his ERA an entire run. Jesus Sparky, how could you have ever allowed this to happen.

https://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/Boxscore.aspx?gid=74531749&tab=pbp&hidden=true

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

might even let King Figueroa start Game 1 in the playoffs just to raise my DGAF level x10

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

So which one of you suckas gets to get beat by the Pittsburgh playoff juggernaut??

CAN YOU DIG IT

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

WELP I beat Jeff but lose my 5th starter to the 60 day DL

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Scrotos posted:

WELP I beat Jeff but lose my 5th starter to the 60 day DL

good thing you only need 3.1 starters in the playoffs

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
My garbage team is garbage

Looking forward to losing in four games in the first round again as is my custom

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
James Page finishing the season 1 home run shy of 69 is the least nice thing in the world.

gyroball
Jul 29, 2003

Fortunately, the people found a mighty Rosenthal, called Trevor.

Burrellballers set the league record for HR for a team with 424!!! Previous record was my Season 20 squad, which featured Levrault's 85 HR season, as well as 6 HR from a rookie Iago Haughian

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

gardenald posted:

Looking forward to losing in four games in the first round again as is my custom

lol we won the tiebreaker what? I guess I glanced after the last game and assumed it put it in the right order.

guess I won't start King Figueroa in Game 1 now

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
How on earth does it pick some of the nominees for the awards

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

nasboat posted:

lol we won the tiebreaker what? I guess I glanced after the last game and assumed it put it in the right order.

guess I won't start King Figueroa in Game 1 now

Yeah I glanced through the season schedule and you beat me like 6 to 4 in head to head

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Hi WIS please fix your poo poo so my lineups aren't all hosed up for game 1

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

OK I'm sorry WIS apparently this is Mediacom's fault since I can get there on my phone

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Haywood Cameron and Erubiel Sojo both awards finalists

I like when trades work out well on both ends

#VoteHaywood #VoteRubySojo

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

AlleyViper posted:

Haywood Cameron and Erubiel Sojo both awards finalists

I like when trades work out well on both ends

#VoteHaywood #VoteRubySojo

I gotta admit, Sojo turned out better than I thought he would

gardenald fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Nov 18, 2015

gyroball
Jul 29, 2003

Fortunately, the people found a mighty Rosenthal, called Trevor.

John Yoshii really getting undersold by how HBD decides to display stats for awards. Because he (rightfully) didn't play SS, nothing displays! But check out his stats before you vote because he owned and maybe has a case for MVP runner-up snub

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I fully support Chick Wehner/Stuart Boyer for NL/AL Cy Young

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

gardenald posted:

I will never ever win a playoff series jfc

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Dominated in the regular season, quick exit in the WC series. It's like I never left.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Well there's no way to check but I imagine that's the first time in this world's history that all four playoff games had the same score.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

All the game 5s!

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

That was the most tense I have been readig a box score ib a while

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

It's been 15 seasons and counting since the last group of four ALCS teams didn't carry over at least one owner/franchise from the previous year

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

I count 14 but yeah, jeeze

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

maybe we'll actually win another pennant now that my HBD care levels have been on life support for months

go team

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Depending on how the emerging Mordecai minor leagues conversation evolves, I could get run out of two worlds in the span of two months.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Capt Murphy posted:

Depending on how the emerging Mordecai minor leagues conversation evolves, I could get run out of two worlds in the span of two months.

Is he mad you let your minor rot?

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Scrotos posted:

Is he mad you let your minor rot?

Not yet but I suspect he'll say something. I know it's bad but I was pretty burned out on HBD after the entire Zimmer fiasco and I'm trying to get talent into it.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Capt Murphy posted:

Not yet but I suspect he'll say something. I know it's bad but I was pretty burned out on HBD after the entire Zimmer fiasco and I'm trying to get talent into it.

Message him before he says something and explain yourself.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Capt Murphy posted:

I don't think is going to go nearly as far as the Zimmer whateverthatwas did

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

nasboat posted:

maybe we'll actually win another pennant now that my HBD care levels have been on life support for months

go team

lol

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Doesn't matter, Philly's the team of destiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

lol

scrotos, never complain about anything in HBD ever again

• Locked thread