Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Scrotos posted:

Yes this is what we have been telling you for years. Maybe you and evilbeard will figure out FA eventually.

I was under the impression that AV was going to pay him. If I had known he wasn't, I would never have dropped out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

ArtVandelay posted:

How the hell did you get Vin back so cheap? I had him at 13.5 mil for 4 years when I dropped out and got Ayala. Ridiculous. I should never have dropped out.

he's 33 years old, lost his CF range and I gave him 8m AAV so I wouldn't call it cheap

Scrotos posted:

Yes this is what we have been telling you for years. Maybe you and evilbeard will figure out FA eventually.

this. I don't know what else to tell either of y'all.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Somebody please sign Kurt "former top 10 pick" Cardona thank you

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.

ArtVandelay posted:

How the hell did you get Vin back so cheap? I had him at 13.5 mil for 4 years when I dropped out and got Ayala. Ridiculous. I should never have dropped out.

You told nasboat straight to his face you were dropping out, he easily could have lowered whatever offer he may have had out there. I don't know what made you think I was going to pay him, I was never interested in him. Ayala's a better deal for you anyway.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
Thanks for signing all my remaining Type As and Bs Devo. Good value on Phillips.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

This is right up there in the worst pitching staffs i've ever assembled. It's so bad I kind of want to bring Aramis Hernandez back up so at least I can have some fun watching us lose every game 17-16.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
Meanwhile, as three separate owners consecutively advertise their pitching excesses in world chat,

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
How the gently caress is Kurt Cardona a type A?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

duyarvish posted:

How the gently caress is Kurt Cardona a type A?

Type A/B rating are based on overall rating compared to other players of the same position, aka the only thing Kurt Cardona has going for him.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Yay I left one of the only worthwhile rule v players unprotected

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

ThatsMyBoye posted:

Meanwhile, as three separate owners consecutively advertise their pitching excesses in world chat,

Not to mention the 5 useful SPs on FA and the 3 great ones that have been traded that were advertised.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

ThatsMyBoye posted:

Yes but he's unlikely to be able to rip those owners off, so he'd rather not engage.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
AlleyViper sorry for leaving a trade sitting there for so long, I'll respond hopefully by tonight. For some reason HBD is refusing to log in on my phone and I haven't been able to use my computer for the last ~day

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

saintonan posted:

Yes but he's unlikely to be able to rip those owners off, so he'd rather not engage.

I don't know that Art would even recognize a rip-off in his favor unless one of us told him it was a rip-off in his favor

ask him about Izzy Mohler in Clemens*

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

nasboat posted:

I don't know that Art would even recognize a rip-off in his favor unless one of us told him it was a rip-off in his favor

ask him about Izzy Mohler in Clemens*

Not sure why you'd bring up Mohler when I threw everything I possibly could at that owner, and he still liked your vastly inferior offer more. There's literally nothing I could do to change his mind. I even offered Brian Jodie, Sheehan, and Monroe out there, and he still said no.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

ArtVandelay posted:

Not sure why you'd bring up Mohler when I threw everything I possibly could at that owner, and he still liked your vastly inferior offer more. There's literally nothing I could do to change his mind. I even offered Brian Jodie, Sheehan, and Monroe out there, and he still said no.

I brought it up because you had an offer already on the table that you mentioned to everyone that you should've taken and run and instead you sat on it and asked around

it's a literal example of exactly what i was saying. you wouldn't know a good deal unless someone told you it was a good deal.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

nasboat posted:

I brought it up because you had an offer already on the table that you mentioned to everyone that you should've taken and run and instead you sat on it and asked around

it's a literal example of exactly what i was saying. you wouldn't know a good deal unless someone told you it was a good deal.

I never had an offer on the table. We were talking and he was waiting for other peoples offers.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

hey art i'll trade you renyel romero

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

nasboat posted:

hey art i'll trade you renyel romero

I don't have any room for him :(

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Doubleposting to say I voted for

Elston Barker
Vince Bleier
Eugene Scott
Victor Tavarez
Damaso Perez

a reminder to newbies here

NEVER VOTE FOR RAMIRO CERVANTES

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Barker
Dotel
Perez
Krause
Surkamp

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
I've got:

Barker
Bleier
Everett
Perez
Surkamp

Although I'm always willing to accept bribes for votes.

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

Out beyond winning and losing, there is a field.

I will meet you there.
i voted for most wins

#wins

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

I am voting for my 5 ex pitchers. Homer vote :toot:

I will probably change to the consensus vote.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Barker
Perez
Surkamp
Dotel
Bleier

I wish I had more votes this season

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
I've got
Barker
Bleier
Surkamp
Perez
GENE MOTHERFUCKIN POOLE

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

fwiw Al Dotel led in all-time career WHIP and was like #2/3 in ERA as a reliever with like 2700 career IP before uublog ran his corpse into the ground and jacked up his career numbers.(I think Roosevelt/Wehner/Elcano probably would all still have jumped him before they start declining, but that accelerated it a lot)

gyroball
Jul 29, 2003

Fortunately, the people found a mighty Rosenthal, called Trevor.

Dingo Bonds got cheap enough to where I felt okay locking him up for awhile. Glad you didn't have to leave, buddy :unsmith:

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I've wanted Ned Liniak for at least 2 calendar years, and he's offered right when I have no room for him :v:

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

someone (not Art) take over commissioner duties in Clemens* pleeeeeeeeease

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

nasboat posted:

someone (not Art) take over commissioner duties in Clemens* pleeeeeeeeease

Don't worry, I have no interest in being a commish. But goddamn I want to get the season started already. We've been stuck at 7 openings for like 2 months.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

ArtVandelay posted:

Don't worry, I have no interest in being a commish. But goddamn I want to get the season started already. We've been stuck at 7 openings for like 2 months.

HBD is dying, there are over a 100 openings.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Who knew stagnation could eventually kill even a sturdily founded and near exclusive concept

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
How are the teams left in Clemens?

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

duyarvish posted:

I have no idea but unless you want to be commissioner I wouldn't really consider joining at the moment

basically I am commissioner and can't/won't do it anymore so someone else needs to take it

this has been assbutt being brutally honest and not helping his case, thanks for tuning in.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

duyarvish posted:

Your best bet in the AL is the North team. Slayers was a pretty good owner and there are some good players.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
i'm barely competent at this game so i probably shouldn't comish anything

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

ThatsMyBoye posted:

Who knew stagnation could eventually kill even a sturdily founded and near exclusive concept

Hey remember that time we had 32 people lined up and ready to give them money and they were all "nah we don't want your money" that was good times

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I was thinking about that the other day, I think in reaction to seeing some world on rollover queue in like season 5

Really though regardless of how much longer this stays >50% SAS people and their cohorts this has been a massive success, all told

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

This is how I saw this guy as an IFA with my admittedly terrible scouting

This is what he looks like now

I probably overpaid just a tiny bit

• Locked thread