Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

My pitching is so hilarious right now. In a game where I hit 2 grand slams and score 11, we still almost blow it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:
The new hall of fame voting page is obnoxious. It does not show IP and having to click each player to see previous vote totals is annoying.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

The obnoxious tanker from Camp is abandoning his superteam midseason because he thinks the new layout sucks rear end.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
Keep on losing, guys, this is great. Playing 50 points below pythag, too.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Art I've just gotta know what possible reason you had for releasing Wascar Nicasio at age 18 on a bare minimum contract

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
Hooray there's a generic SP batting order slider for non-DH lineups

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Erubiel Rodrigo is making a strong push for RoY after a real slow start.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

And game pop-ups now have the boxscore alongside play-by-play again

I mean the rolling updates are nice but man some of these things should've been in at launch

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

So I don't know if it's the timing of the transaction or something that they've changed but I just traded for a guy before ST wrapped up in Clemens* and he showed growth on the trade snapshot. I've never seen a player show growth on a trade snapshot that occurred before ST ended.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Devo posted:

Art I've just gotta know what possible reason you had for releasing Wascar Nicasio at age 18 on a bare minimum contract

I'm blaming this one the new layout, because I remember assigning him to my rookie league. I'm a little shocked that never happened. There was never a prompt anywhere about a player needing to be assigned.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
WELP

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

gyroball
Jul 29, 2003

Fortunately, the people found a mighty Rosenthal, called Trevor.

more like walt goings, am i right

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

This is more appropriate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEWgfpWKitk&t=388s

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Can't spell Deivi Elcano without the letters in love, after all

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

My team has completely fallen apart. Silly me for thinking i'd actually have a chance at the WC2. I may not even end up .500 at this point.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Yesterday I finally got my career overall HBD site record above .500 for the first time \:unsmith:/

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

I do not like this current state of Salem :smith:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

AlleyViper posted:

I do not like this current state of Salem :smith:

Sorry about that, my team making GBS threads all over itself at the start of the season + this garbage UI redesign + the fact that my scouting will be garbage for like two more seasons isn't a great mix for keeping me interested in the day-to-day. Kent Page getting crippled doesn't really help either.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

I really just meant that it makes me sad to see Salem bad

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
Watch as the Gaedels hang around .500 without ever actually going over!

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

36-16 since the all-star break has resulted in...2 games gained on COL (still 7 back) and 2 games still lost to SCZ hooray

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

So did anyone ever think Heinie Laker would have a season this good? I obviously thought he was interesting or I wouldn't have traded for him, but I never thought he'd be my staff ace. Looking forward to next season when he puts up a 4+ ERA again.

Eat it, control havers

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

He's basically slightly worse Paul Lloyd and Paul Lloyd owns, so

I really regret trading Lloyd right now

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

Devo posted:

So did anyone ever think Heinie Laker would have a season this good? I obviously thought he was interesting or I wouldn't have traded for him, but I never thought he'd be my staff ace. Looking forward to next season when he puts up a 4+ ERA again.

Eat it, control havers

I've always put way too much emphasis on control I think and that's why my pitching is always bad

e: Or maybe I just have a lovely eye for talent

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

PC + defense + the right combination of pitching stats. Low control is offset in a number of ways if the other stuff is good enough. But too low of control can get dicey. Once I tended to focus a bit more on having good pitches in the mix along with the PC/defense thing, I think my pitching in all worlds tended to improve.

one random example of a guy who owns due to pitches/PC/defense but real low splits. This guy put up the kind of numbers I've seen max contract FA guys put up (or better) but just kind of shows there's more than one way to skin a cat when it comes to pitching in HBD, I guess: Rickey Taylor

nasboat fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Nov 11, 2015

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

nasboat posted:

one random example of a guy who owns due to pitches/PC/defense but real low splits.

https://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=4057732

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Bolick doesn't have good pitches, he's all PC/defense/righteous fury to punish me for trading him

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

Bolick doesn't have good pitches,

Completely untrue

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Great time to start losing every single game

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Devo posted:

Great time to start losing every single game

Yeesssss.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Tavarin posted:

Watch as the Gaedels hang around .500 without ever actually going over!

Oh hey we made it over briefly, what do you know?

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:
oh look losing 3 straight to let Jeff get in position to take the division. Sometimes I really hate HBD.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
My pitching is a dumpster fire. Just awful.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
I haven't really been checking the standings and all of a sudden I'm in contention for the division. This division sucks.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

ThatsMyBoye posted:

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

I was good at naming teams once

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

duyarvish posted:

I haven't really been checking the standings and all of a sudden I'm in contention for the division. This division sucks.

You suck buddy!

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

So, uh, Iago Haughian is up to 5th all-time in dingers.

Reminder that I traded him for 4 combined seasons of Charlie Moss and Alex Rodriguez lol (if we follow the trade tree Moss became 6 pretty good seasons of Furio Bichette but still).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I kind of love that my leadoff hitter, Henderson Harris, has over 100 RBI, how often does that really happen.

All I ask is that 1 other person besides me vote for him for MVP. That's all I need.

• Locked thread