Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

I wouldn't move Price for anything less than a great package either, especially if my overall talent pool was as thin as that team's is. It always mystifies me why people think owners with little talent will give away what little they have for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Cozy Goldberg might make my lineup at least interesting if I can get a decent leadoff hitter.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Somehow I guess you wouldn't be saying this if you weren't the beneficiary here. That's pretty lame.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Gilkey's maybe overrated himself, but yeah that return is pretty awful.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Wow, that makes Ishikawa look like an amazing bargain.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

ThatsMyBoye posted:

Meanwhile, as three separate owners consecutively advertise their pitching excesses in world chat,

Yes but he's unlikely to be able to rip those owners off, so he'd rather not engage.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

My advanced isn't good, but here's what my intl scouts see:

If he hits those numbers, he'll be not all that different from Edgmer Roque. It's a big if, though, and he's got some STA/DUR work to do to keep from being a pain in the rear end to manage.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

It's just 6 games, but minor league assignments must be 20+ games to not count as major league service. If you're holding kids to reset their arb clock, that means you can promote them Sunday morning.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Kent Page is hitting .175, and Rodney Frazier is 0 for 17 to start the year. Swell.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Not for that guy specifically, no. You can only control aggressiveness on a team level. If you set your entire team to run less, so will that guy.

If you try to set up a running team, you need to make sure all the guys with high speed also have high baserunning. Speed determines how often a player will be aggressive (base stealing, taking an extra base, etc.), and baserunning determines how successful the guy will be when taking these actions.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Ross won't sustain a .391 OBP, so this problem might resolve itself naturally.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

My pitching's reverting to the mean a little but it's not terrible. I've got two guys in my offense that are _slugging_ under .100, though. Just rough.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

ThatsMyBoye posted:

Richmond's ML team is actually making me angry in its construction

The non-capitalization of his team nickname is probably the first clue.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Not sure. I've whined in here about my start, my guess is that the rest of the division has had the same small sample size blues. If it's still this way at the break, there might be something more to it.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Not gonna post any more scouting screenshots, but he's pretty good. Given how this game works though, it'd be just the pubbie's luck if he didn't sign. Undecideds are just a roll of the dice.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Power of Pecota posted:

Uhh this is not what this team was supposed to be doing after the Thompson/McDowell trades

Thompson has more triples than homers for me since the trade.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Devo posted:

I got an 87 OVR guy at pick 17. I mean, he sucks, but lookit dat OVR.

If he had 90+ makeup, he'd have been the #2 guy on my draft board.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Yeah, just saying he doesn't suck. People are getting better at this draft thing, though, the guy I got first round was #12 on my board, and I was already into my platoon/fringy guys by my 2nd rd pick.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Yeah, one thing I've learned across multiple worlds is that low and middle amounts of scouting money (8-12MM) only gets you more names on your board. You really need 14MM or more to be able to trust your scouts. Also another example of how being able to see current numbers pre-draft could have helped a lot.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

The only common task I need made easier is stat dumps of the entire world.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Man that sure is a lot of useless whitespace.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

I can't rest enough guys to make the games against New Orleans competitive.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

This has been a really great year for internationals.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

I saw him but I already got my stud starter this season.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

The broken bones posted:

Bob is seriously interested, he just didn't set his pitching staff or line-up before game 1. I've been trying to help, but haven't been 100% successful. He needs someone who's better at being a helping hand than me.

The update hasn't helped, but really, this is a fake baseball game. The learning curve in setting lineups and rotations isn't difficult, and people who can't manage those things aren't likely to be useful owners in the long term. Of course, now with 60+ games of completely fatigued pitchers, it's going to take more than just swapping guys in a menu to put out that tire fire.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

The broken bones posted:

for real? and you wonder why people don't stick around?

This is an extremely difficult, involved game.

No, it's really not. It's cache is that it's easy to learn but difficult to master (see upthread the chats about invisible tiebreakers for FA signings for an example of complexity). Putting together a lineup and a pitching rotation is extremely basic and dead simple, and the fact that he needs to be handheld over twitter just to manage that doesn't speak well for him at all.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Yeah, where to put scouting money, how to rate players, why you should pay more for a good fielding coach, and why training and medical dollars are important are WiS-specific things that I wouldn't expect anyone to know right away. Making a 9-man lineup and a starting rotation is something anyone with even a passing interest in baseball in general should know to do, and the mechanics of doing so within the HBD menus aren't taxing at all.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

The obnoxious tanker from Camp is abandoning his superteam midseason because he thinks the new layout sucks rear end.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Erubiel Rodrigo is making a strong push for RoY after a real slow start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Devo posted:

Does anyone know if DL stints are retroactive? Or does it kick my guy out for 15 cycles from the time put on the DL?

They are retroactive.

• Locked thread