Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gyroball
Jul 29, 2003

Fortunately, the people found a mighty Rosenthal, called Trevor.

34 year old Alex Ransom putting on a Burrellballers cap. storylines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gyroball
Jul 29, 2003

I was one of the owners scrotos checked with on the Gilkey trade. I don't have a huge problem with it (or art's trade for the matter) b/c I don't really have a high opinion of Harris or Gilkey. I think art and scrotos got the better end of each deal by a reasonable amount, but the "big"name involved in both trades is really kind of meh. Harris is a 1b or LF if he's feeling salty with one year on his contract with a good-but-not-elite bat. Gilkey is a righty batter with a reverse split who scrapes by as a shortstop this year but is a (very possible on a first year training/medical team) range decline away from being a tweener bench player making 7M for three more seasons.

They're useful players but they're making money and they're not elite. They're not guys who, in this pool of owners and this particular world environment, get traded for anything particularly great. I mean, gently caress, I remember the market out there for MVP Steve Sweeney a couple seasons ago. If these are vetoable deals (and maybe they are, I'm just not sure I see it that way) I suspect Harris and Gilkey aren't going anywhere unless it's a trade between two (0) owners.

gyroball
Jul 29, 2003

I will also say that my terrible 1M in adv scouting sees Luis Ramirez as growing into more than waiver wire bait/a step above anything in the Fabregas trade so I could be calibrated ALL wrong.

I also have a general fondness for what Randy Jensen brings to the table, so maybe for these reasons I'm not the best arbiter of anything.

gyroball
Jul 29, 2003

I thought I was outbid on Morales but I'll take it... though god drat did I squeak in under the wire with salary to clear the Priest trade tonight as well.

edit: jesus christ, I am now the Burrellballers feat. the Season 24 Montgomery Burns Pitching Staff (Morales, Devon Jones, Shouta Chang, Wellington Borges)

gyroball fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Sep 10, 2015

gyroball
Jul 29, 2003

Dingo Bonds got cheap enough to where I felt okay locking him up for awhile. Glad you didn't have to leave, buddy :unsmith:

gyroball
Jul 29, 2003

I probably have more trouble getting to what I want on this new design on my browser than I ever did in the old version on my phone.

gyroball
Jul 29, 2003

The problem is that once the tiebreakers are known, they become a game mechanic that players are going to interact with. Even if it's a bad mechanic that leads to bad results, or favors players who make use of the mechanic, it's been established for a while and even iirc posted about on the official forums. The likely motivation of WiS (decrease the predictability of FA signings) was a good motivation, but they didn't really do that. They just threw a monkey wrench into an established factor without clarifying as much to the playerbase, which sucks. Max tiebreakers are still predictable, they're just differently predictable and teams shouldn't plan outside of a single season to max-bid anyone, because every team is just a dice roll away from completely blowing one of the tiebreakers because their pitching coach has decided to leave.

Again, maybe they see that change as a step up so people don't budget outside of the season they're in for a max contract down the road. But not informing the playerbase that a mechanic has been changed is pretty drat bad. Ostensibly, folks are paying like $25 a season and this basically wrecks a season for anyone who was planning on operating within the known mechanic since there usually isn't much to do with $30 Million on the FA market once a max tiebreaker has been decided.

gyroball
Jul 29, 2003

more like walt goings, am i right

gyroball
Jul 29, 2003

Burrellballers set the league record for HR for a team with 424!!! Previous record was my Season 20 squad, which featured Levrault's 85 HR season, as well as 6 HR from a rookie Iago Haughian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gyroball
Jul 29, 2003

John Yoshii really getting undersold by how HBD decides to display stats for awards. Because he (rightfully) didn't play SS, nothing displays! But check out his stats before you vote because he owned and maybe has a case for MVP runner-up snub

• Locked thread