Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

duyarvish posted:

Is this FA class really terrible or is my judgment clouded by not being good at this

Its not great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

AlleyViper posted:

Is that Harris trade bad enough for a first time owner that we should step in?

I think so. Its pretty awful.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Why the gently caress does Jeff get a good FA every year? Does no one else bid? There are like 3 good FAs this year.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

duyarvish posted:

I see why that Harris trade isn't good, but why exactly is so bad it's vetoable?

Becuase it is a brand new owner.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

ArtVandelay posted:

He's clearly looking at overall. But you didn't veto a goddamn heywood Cameron for Brian brown trade, so don't veto this. That was probably worse.

Why are you referencing a trade among two HBD veterans vs a trade with a first year owner? The whole point is the owners involved plus the value being given away.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Devo posted:

I vetoed both trades involving first year owners. Please don't scalp legitimate players and send back piles of garbage to new people.

I ran my deal passed two other owners who both said it was fine.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

I agree with you but like Saintoman pointed out it is hard to be unbias about your own deal. It is why I asked other owners. I think my deal is fair, especially if he ages at all on the D scale but if my deal gets vetoed so be it.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

In our TCs he did say he wanted to clear the salary but never explained why. I just assumed for IFAs.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

AlleyViper posted:

Nice upgrade to a 100% better, younger pitcher there, scrotos

Thanks, it worked out because of all the arb3 stuff. So here is hoping they extend and that they did not gently caress with the arb stuff.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

ArtVandelay posted:

How the hell did you get Vin back so cheap? I had him at 13.5 mil for 4 years when I dropped out and got Ayala. Ridiculous. I should never have dropped out.

Yes this is what we have been telling you for years. Maybe you and evilbeard will figure out FA eventually.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

ThatsMyBoye posted:

Meanwhile, as three separate owners consecutively advertise their pitching excesses in world chat,

Not to mention the 5 useful SPs on FA and the 3 great ones that have been traded that were advertised.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

I am voting for my 5 ex pitchers. Homer vote :toot:

I will probably change to the consensus vote.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

ArtVandelay posted:

Don't worry, I have no interest in being a commish. But goddamn I want to get the season started already. We've been stuck at 7 openings for like 2 months.

HBD is dying, there are over a 100 openings.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

gardenald posted:

Looks like almost half the league didn't vote for HOF

Shameful

No idea why they don't do auto votes for non voters like MVP or just have it be a percent of people who vote. All they have to add is a box to check that you purposely votes for no one.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

duyarvish posted:

Henderson Ross has been on base all of like 10 times and he's attempted to steal more bases then all but one player on my team. There's nothing I could have set that would make him do it?

There is a team steal setting, but individual steal settings do not exist in HBD.

To change team setting is in Managers Office -> Manager Settings -> Edit Manager Settings.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

duyarvish posted:

He has over a hundred million in his budget but only about 70 million of it spent. I'm leaning with him just being bad

Did he jack up IFA scouting?

edit: Nope it is at 10.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

gardenald posted:

ugh running dick first into an 18 game winning streak buzzsaw, fuckin hell scrotos

Well you won because for some reason Sparky decided my long reliever should pitch the whole end of a 1 run game.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

saintonan posted:

Man that sure is a lot of useless whitespace.

I like to think they started this redesign so long ago that by the time they were done it was out of date.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

The new franchise and World center are completely incoherent.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

The new hall of fame voting page is obnoxious. It does not show IP and having to click each player to see previous vote totals is annoying.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

oh look losing 3 straight to let Jeff get in position to take the division. Sometimes I really hate HBD.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Nevermind.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

WELP I beat Jeff but lose my 5th starter to the 60 day DL

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

That was the most tense I have been readig a box score ib a while

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Capt Murphy posted:

Depending on how the emerging Mordecai minor leagues conversation evolves, I could get run out of two worlds in the span of two months.

Is he mad you let your minor rot?

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Capt Murphy posted:

Not yet but I suspect he'll say something. I know it's bad but I was pretty burned out on HBD after the entire Zimmer fiasco and I'm trying to get talent into it.

Message him before he says something and explain yourself.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

nasboat posted:

lol

scrotos, never complain about anything in HBD ever again

Yea that was pretty crazy. I feel I woke my guys up yelling on twitter.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Wooo a ring yay.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Wooo and McKay Ray decline his option saving me some money :toot:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

AlleyViper posted:

e: JT Matthews willing to extend whee

Thought this can change after budgets, because right now it says Bud is willing to re-sign at 8m per.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

ArtVandelay posted:

Looks like Yasiel wants 3 years 24mil. I guess I have to give it to him.

Why are you not offeribg him 5 years?????

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

ThatsMyBoye posted:

Would not be shocked at all if we're dead in the water, fellas

Are all the openings real openings and not people who need the password?

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Should we post an ad in the N/V?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

who are the newbies? We need to assign them mentors right now.

• Locked thread