Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Renyel Romero is asking for 3 years 14mil, so I give him exactly that, and he rejects it saying he wants a little more - but he doesn't specify how much more like they did before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I just won an arb case, not bad! Yasiel wanted 7mil and I started at 5 and won!

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

The dude who has KC is not so great. I asked him about George Price, and he'll only do the deal if it involves Braulio Canseco AND another top prospect.

Now I know how it was to deal with me all these years.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Well that was quite the trade offer I just awoke to.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

You all didn't stop the victor tavarez trade, let me have something here :v:

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

He's clearly looking at overall. But you didn't veto a goddamn heywood Cameron for Brian brown trade, so don't veto this. That was probably worse.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

The point is, we all make mistakes, but you don't veto mine. If this were in reverse and I traded Harris for someone terrible, you'd laugh and call me stupid, but you wouldn't veto it.

Let's let this person make his mistake, and then explain to him why it was a mistake.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So now that i'm back from work, I can try and explain myself.

He offered me Harris for Yasiel and someone else last night, I TC'ed him saying I wasn't trading Yasiel, and this was the counter offer I awoke to. Obviously it's not a great trade, i'd never say anything to the contrary - but you have to let people make their own mistakes to learn the game. I've said that when other newbies make this mistake, and i'm saying it now. The only thing different this time is that it personally affects me in a good way for once.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I'm liking this lineup. Next year i'm gonna have to focus on actual pitching.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I only needed to hire 3 coaches, and they were all high A coaches. Easiest coach hiring season in history.

I think I now have no room for Doc Brignac. I'll probably promote him and have him play for Weinhardt/Sanders/Yasiel when they get tired, but he really should be an everyday player.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

How the hell did you get Vin back so cheap? I had him at 13.5 mil for 4 years when I dropped out and got Ayala. Ridiculous. I should never have dropped out.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Scrotos posted:

Yes this is what we have been telling you for years. Maybe you and evilbeard will figure out FA eventually.

I was under the impression that AV was going to pay him. If I had known he wasn't, I would never have dropped out.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

This is right up there in the worst pitching staffs i've ever assembled. It's so bad I kind of want to bring Aramis Hernandez back up so at least I can have some fun watching us lose every game 17-16.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

nasboat posted:

I don't know that Art would even recognize a rip-off in his favor unless one of us told him it was a rip-off in his favor

ask him about Izzy Mohler in Clemens*

Not sure why you'd bring up Mohler when I threw everything I possibly could at that owner, and he still liked your vastly inferior offer more. There's literally nothing I could do to change his mind. I even offered Brian Jodie, Sheehan, and Monroe out there, and he still said no.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

nasboat posted:

I brought it up because you had an offer already on the table that you mentioned to everyone that you should've taken and run and instead you sat on it and asked around

it's a literal example of exactly what i was saying. you wouldn't know a good deal unless someone told you it was a good deal.

I never had an offer on the table. We were talking and he was waiting for other peoples offers.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

nasboat posted:

hey art i'll trade you renyel romero

I don't have any room for him :(

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Doubleposting to say I voted for

Elston Barker
Vince Bleier
Eugene Scott
Victor Tavarez
Damaso Perez

a reminder to newbies here

NEVER VOTE FOR RAMIRO CERVANTES

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I've wanted Ned Liniak for at least 2 calendar years, and he's offered right when I have no room for him :v:

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

nasboat posted:

someone (not Art) take over commissioner duties in Clemens* pleeeeeeeeease

Don't worry, I have no interest in being a commish. But goddamn I want to get the season started already. We've been stuck at 7 openings for like 2 months.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

duyarvish posted:

How are the teams left in Clemens?

Your best bet in the AL is the North team. Slayers was a pretty good owner and there are some good players.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

This is how I saw this guy as an IFA with my admittedly terrible scouting

This is what he looks like now

I probably overpaid just a tiny bit

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So what do the people with good advanced see?

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I present to you, the season 33 Royal Kilted Yaksmen

Doc Brignac will be promoted after 20 games and will basically be a super utility player. I'm expecting big things from this offense. Hopefully Weinhardt won't be completely snubbed in the MVP race like last season.

This pitching staff is the stuff that legends are made of. I'm obviously not competing this year, otherwise i'd bring up Braulio Canseco. Elrod Biddle will be brought up after 20.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Somehow I knew I should have gone after Marmol instead. Oh well. Good job, Gaedels.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Norberto Ayala is out for 30+ days. Awesome.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

My pitching has given up the least amount of earned runs by far. This is sustainable.

Also Terrence Weinhardt hasn't hit a dinger yet. What a bust. Trade the bum.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Toby Cox, ladies and gentlemen.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Santo Park is 13 for 87 to start the season, with 25 strikeouts. Oof

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Toby Cox has started off the season 6-0 with a 1.01ERA. Not bad.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Tuscons pitching could be considered a war crime.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Of course Terrence Weinhardt is hitting .250. I don't deserve nice things.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

This is about the worst i've ever seen scouts do.

This is how I saw him

And this is slightly different

Wow

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I think this guy is my new Marvin Lyon.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

AL North is going to be a dogfight. I really want to bring up Braulio Canseco, but I really shouldn't just yet.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I really hate this division

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Really wish I had saved my money for Corcino. Good god.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Holy poo poo, Clemens just filled after like 4 months. Time to make the world series again!

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

A big thanks to Gardenald to swoop in and remind me that my team isn't actually as good as it's playing :v:

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I'm getting destroyed by the hapless blue jays for some reason. This is not good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

It's at 51 games now!

How have we not kicked him out yet?

• Locked thread