Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

quote:

Think of your relationship as a threesome with Christ at the center.

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

quote:

:pervert:

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

AWarmBody posted:

Okay. Here are the "guidelines for him" section. Mmmmm.

Hmm...I don't know, looks good so far... sounds like definitely some good tips for stinky fedora atheist redditors and neckbeard goons.

quote:

:stonk: :stonk:

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
You have no rights to a woman's body unless you are married to her, then you can do whatever you want she's not a person lol

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

More please, I need some advice on how to avoid sin and homosexuals STAT.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Lol this section title...

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

quote:

Think of your relationship as a threesome with Christ

wowza!

A Mean Cow
Jan 18, 2004

I make the best space doll houses ever

Blank:

A Mean Cow fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Sep 6, 2015

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Wow turns out successful propaganda is actually really really easy

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

AWarmBody posted:

Lol this section title...

what does the books say about muslims and jews

also what does it say about atheism

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

That Robot posted:

but seriously though, what does "a beka" even mean? is that someone's name?

Looks like it was named after a certain Rebekah. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Beka_Book

Lucky lady.

imandyyo
Mar 19, 2012
I want this book. Where do you get one? Do you have to pass a test for it? What's the publication date on yours?

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

imandyyo posted:

I want this book. Where do you get one? Do you have to pass a test for it? What's the publication date on yours?

Here it is on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Life-Management-Under-Beka-Horton/dp/B000MD7HJW

The only test you have to pass is giving over your money, so that's pretty easy. The second edition I have is copyright 2003, printed in 2006.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

How is it legal for people who don't have teaching degrees to teach their own children?

A Mean Cow
Jan 18, 2004

FreudianSlippers posted:

How is it legal for people who don't have teaching degrees to teach their own children?

It varies by state, and most homeschooling has to be done in conjunction with an accredited system if that's the route you choose for your spawnlings. The law used to be really strict and parents could easily face persecution if kids were caught not being schooled, and homeschool was not a legal option at the time. It seems you can get away with a lot if you've involved in a church though.

My parents didn't want me to go school because of religious reasons (they actually couldn't be bothered being responsible, this substance isn't going to abuse itself you know!) and my childhood consisted of a lot of ducking behind the passenger seat when they saw a cop car. Also I didn't ever wear seatbelts. FML how am I even alive.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
So op when you're reading through these do you sometimes stop reading, go to your parents, and start beating them in the head with one of these retarded books? Cuz u should.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

Nathilus posted:

So op when you're reading through these do you sometimes stop reading, go to your parents, and start beating them in the head with one of these retarded books? Cuz u should.

I don't think my parents knew how bad this book was. I used this book for a co-op class that my parents weren't really involved in. (Co-op homeschool classes are classes with other homeschool students, usually taught by someone's parent.)

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
Rock music is Good music. Homeschoolers are loving retarded.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Barhopping is the devil.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
There's a pretty large portion in the beginning of the book on manners. How to behave when visiting someone's house, etc. or, you know, how to be polite in a car.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

My knees cartiledge was wrecked as a kid. My doctor told me I couldn't run or jump without further injuring them when I was 13 and gave me a note for the principal. I was a straight A student. They tried to fail me in PE because I wouldn't jog.

My parents pulled me out and let me tear through textbooks and I graduated 2 years early. I could have graduated earlier if the law had allowed it since I spent 16 months before I took my exit exam loving around on video games because I'd already finished 12th grade everything. Homeschool is generally bullshit, but I've got 0 regrets in my case. I had abeka tapes, too, and they were loving horrible and hilarious and we finally just got textbooks and answerbooks from the high school teachers instead. Abeka was fuckin trash.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

AWarmBody posted:

Even kissing has an air of shame to it.

I like how boys are apparently born with a finite amount of kisses, necessitating strict rationing of affection. God forbid you should actually be good at kissing when you finally decide to commit to being intimate with one person for the remainder of your life.

And what crazy alternate dimension do these people come from where dressing conservatively will result in less horny teenage boys? I mean, I don't know about other guys but when I was a hormone addled teenager just seeing the word 'breast' written on a piece of paper would send me hunting for a quiet corner somewhere to rub one out.

E:

AWarmBody posted:

There's a pretty large portion in the beginning of the book on manners. How to behave when visiting someone's house, etc. or, you know, how to be polite in a car.

I'll admit that I've never actually met people who've been home schooled in person (at least none that I know of), but is common courtesy enough of an issue that they need to dedicate a textbook chapter to not being an obnoxious rear end in a top hat?

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Sep 6, 2015

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

The Mentalizer posted:

And what crazy alternate dimension do these people come from where dressing conservatively will result in less horny teenage boys? I mean, I don't know about other guys but when I was a hormone addled teenager just seeing the word 'breast' written on a piece of paper would send me hunting for a quiet corner somewhere to rub one out.
Would this swimwear prompt you to lewd and unwholesome thoughts?
http://www.wholesomewear.com/page-4.html

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Shneak posted:

Barhopping is the devil.

Part of my family is the "no dancing, no card playing" type of southern baptist. I will never understand these people. First off who would make a faith where everything fun and/or cool is sinful, and secondly, who would join such a faith?

I'm not against all moral order. For example the big ten all make sense. Even the rules that are showing their age like idolatry and not calling your parents faggots. Like, I can see how that helped keep social cohesion and.. well not harmony but something closer to it than chaos. Even the no looking at girls stuff makes sense coming out of a tribal, nomadic society even though it sucks and is bullshit. But then you have the no dancing or having any other fun kind of rules which make me think that someone along the line hated the poo poo out of life and wanted everyone else to be miserable too

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nathilus posted:

Part of my family is the "no dancing, no card playing" type of southern baptist. I will never understand these people. First off who would make a faith where everything fun and/or cool is sinful, and secondly, who would join such a faith?

I'm not against all moral order. For example the big ten all make sense. Even the rules that are showing their age like idolatry and not calling your parents faggots. Like, I can see how that helped keep social cohesion and.. well not harmony but something closer to it than chaos. Even the no looking at girls stuff makes sense coming out of a tribal, nomadic society even though it sucks and is bullshit. But then you have the no dancing or having any other fun kind of rules which make me think that someone along the line hated the poo poo out of life and wanted everyone else to be miserable too

i thought you gave up this gimick

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

The Mentalizer posted:

they'd probably think sharia law isn't such a bad idea

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

i thought you gave up this gimick

What u gotta realize is, existence is cyclical.

Edit: but I appreciate u noticing my gimmicks coming and going. As thanks this is 4 u. http://youtu.be/WtN8_9Jc1I8

Nathilus fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Sep 6, 2015

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010
What was the suicide thing?

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Horniest Manticore posted:

they'd probably think sharia law isn't such a bad idea

Its always funny when they flip out over Sharia law, since it sounds like exactly the kind of thing they'd be happy to have as the law of the land here. Maybe they're just pissy that they didn't think of it first?

E:

FaradayCage posted:

What was the suicide thing?

She never met a good Christian boy to marry so her only option was to kill herself, since as we all know a woman is not a complete human being without a man to claim her body and soul as his property.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Sep 6, 2015

A Mean Cow
Jan 18, 2004

If you attach the word "christ" and "holy" to it, you can make them accept it.

"Women are required at all times to wear a Holy Shroud, similar to Jesus's Burial Shroud but with an eye-slit, to preserve their modesty and be closer to the sacrifice of Christ!"

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nathilus posted:

What u gotta realize is, existence is cyclical.

Edit: but I appreciate u noticing my gimmicks coming and going. As thanks this is 4 u. http://youtu.be/WtN8_9Jc1I8

:wink:

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

AWarmBody posted:

If you couldn't tell already, there are a lot of dramatic "anecdotes" written to probably instill terror in a sheltered teenage heart:

This one made me LOL. Such a succinct and poignant end.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

No. 6 posted:

no woman could ever live a happy life without a man

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

A Mean Cow posted:

If you attach the word "christ" and "holy" to it, you can make them accept it.

"Women are required at all times to wear a Holy Shroud, similar to Jesus's Burial Shroud but with an eye-slit, to preserve their modesty and be closer to the sacrifice of Christ!"

It would probably make for a good satirical website, maybe in a subtler Landover Baptist fashion.

AWarmBody posted:

Would this swimwear prompt you to lewd and unwholesome thoughts?
http://www.wholesomewear.com/page-4.html

As a horny teenage boy I'd say yes, definitely. As an adult male who's actually touched a woman I'm not related to? Eh, probably.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
legit laughs OP, thanks. burn Christians

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Sun worship is the only logical religion.

All hail Sol Invictus.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Sep 6, 2015

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

No. 6 posted:

If it was a man you wouldn't be lolling.

Makes you think.

Incomplete Fish
Apr 22, 2006

Grimey Drawer

This is me, this is my entire life essence, every facet of my personality encompassed in one incredible picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DikFaic
Dec 31, 2004

Incomplete Fish posted:

This is me, this is my entire life essence, every facet of my personality encompassed in one incredible picture.

• Locked thread