Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ITM
Oct 23, 2010
The first thing that stands out to me is

quote:

I am currently studying for my Cisco CCENT and CCNA certifications to move away from customer service positions and to develop specialty, hands-on, “behind-the-scenes” skills to build upon my strengths.

If you're applying for customer service positions it seems like a bad idea to say you want to move away from customer service. No one wants to hire someone they know wants to leave. Maybe rephrase it like "I am currently studying for my Cisco CCENT and CCNA certifications to increase my skillset and provide more in depth customer assistance" or something. You want to phrase everything so that it is to the job you're applying for.

I'd put experience first and education last, given your education is irrelevant to the IT industry. I would also give this more attention: " I have also earned training certifications here for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Microsoft Office 2010."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread